Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SirFishFan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SirFishFan

  1. Here is my prediction. The trade of Arraez will be the catalyst that turns the Marlins season around. Now that he’s gone and more players leaving soon probably. The rest of the Marlins are completely relaxed and not too worried about winning since everyone is expecting a 100+ loss season and since there’s still a shit ton of baseball games remaining ironically that caring less attitude about results will help the Marlins inch closer to .500 and by end of August will somehow be like 4 games under with a month remaining and they will finish a respectable 75-87 on the season making Sherman and Bendix look like business and Sabermetrics geniuses who were able to not have a complete disaster season even though they traded away most of their stars and had a bunch of no name players + Avi on the roster.
  2. Marlins are in double digits in the win column. And are now playing .500 baseball since they traded Arraez!
  3. I remember when some said to me once “that’s a bunch of Hyper-bowl”. 😂 I’m pretty sure almost everyone at some point in their life has pronounced it “hyperbowl”. 😂
  4. You know I was just this moment thinking about how grateful I am that we have Trevor Rogers on the team. Even in this abysmal season he is the one bright spot in the rotation and I just feel like having a tall power throwing left handed pitcher with similarities to Randy Johnson is such a great thing! I feel like Rogers has legit 15+ win potential if he could just get his mechanics and tools in sync. I feel like he will be a strong force in the Marlins rotation!
  5. I lived most of my life in Miami. I consider it my home town. And one of my favorite places and geographically of course absolutely beautiful. Haven’t lived there for a few years now. Was definitely better around 20 years ago than what it’s become now as an overpriced and *gasp* slightly overrated place to live with trashy ass people everywhere* and horrible customer service. (Like in most major cities) And I can imagine when you were young in the 70s and 80’s was probably an even more fun and cool place back in those Miami Vice days. Any experience with “Miami girls” have nothing to do with my comments or point of view on the city. And frankly It’s dumb that you even asked that. 😂 The truth is that there are trashy ass people everywhere in every town, city, state and country. I’ve just lived other places in my life besides there.. and while I do love the weather there in So Fla. there’s a big world out there and I just think that Miami is not all that great anymore once I’ve experienced other places that are nice as well with overall friendlier people with less pretentious and more real personalities and less egotistical vibes. But again that’s just my point of view. I will always consider it to be my hometown since I spent the largest majority of my life living there. And I had some good times for sure! The early 2000’s was the sweet spot for me.. still not terrible overcrowded back then and still relatively affordable place. If there was a Time Machine I would go back and live in 2004 Miami in a second. But to each their own. something something 69. 😂 *I should probably clarify what I mean when I say “trashy ass people”. Because it can mean different things to different people. I’m not specifically referring to like any lower class or whatever which of course Miami and every other place has plenty of. To me personally I consider trashy ass to be like any kind of rude and arrogant type people who look down their nose at you or walk around chest puffed up because they think they’re better than you. Or people that think that because they’re from *random South American country* That they’re better than people from other random Latin American country and look down on them. Stuff like that is silly to me. (That never personally happened to me but I definitely observed it.) Trust me I’ve experienced that type of behavior everywhere I’ve lived or visited in my life so I know it’s not just unique to Miami.. if I was from New York or LA I’m sure I could make the same comments. I just have extensive having lived there so it’s just why I said that. And while there are definitely people like that every single place.. some places it’s a lot less than others. So for me personally it’s more appealing to be in environments where people are a bit friendlier and you walk in a store and people say hello and cashiers actually say hi and talk for a minute instead of just flat out ignoring you or acting like you are annoying them if you need to ask a question or something. 😂 But again not trying to make a debate or insult your town. Miami is definitely one of the greatest cities in the world for sure. I probably will never live there again but I would love to visit again sometime!
  6. Crazy to think. Arraez coming off his second straight batting title, second straight silver slugger and voted in as a starter in the all star game last year. And there wasn’t going to be broad interest? It’s like teams expect for a player to do all of that plus hit 30 HRs and steal 30+ bases. 😂 Just goes to show how baseball has become just focused on the HRs. Guys like Mookie Betts and Xander Bogarts is what every team thinks they have to have. I’m actually glad that Arraez went to San Diego and I actually hope the Padres sign him long term. That’s probably the one city that will definitely appreciate his style of baseball for the obvious Tony Gwynn comparison.
  7. Well that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard all day.
  8. You have live tv experience? Admin is a very mysterious fella. And he’s never had a PB&J sandwich before. Weird.
  9. I doubt most people on this board(myself included) have the experience and qualifications for that position. But hey.. I’m rooting for you, pal! Let us know if you get hired! I saw the Marlins are also hiring for a Sales executive. Imagine that job at this time right now.. “So I know you’re upset about the Marlins trading Arraez. But I’m sure that brighter days are ahead for the team. We have Season ticket packages for 2025 on sale. Lock in your price now and come support the fish! Hello? Hello? Still on the line?”
  10. He study Sabermetrics at Tufts! 😂 I don’t know why that is so funny to me. I have brought it up multiple times and it always makes me laugh. 😂 The only thing I ever studied was the back of the fucking cereal box and even I can tell you that this team ain’t winning for shit even with all your advanced stats. 😂 Why? Why always the Marlins? Been the laughing stock least respected most ragged on baseball team for at least the past 25 years. And just keeps doing the same shit. What a fucking shame. Miami doesn’t deserve a baseball teams. The fans there don’t support them.. half the people in Miami have only lived there less than 10 years I would say so it’s really not a baseball town. It’s a superficial cesspool of vanity and emptiness. A place to see and be seen and for Instagram photo opportunities. I really hope the Marlins get sold to a new owner and move to another city. I would support them for sure. Crazy thing is that if the Marlins move to a place like Nashville or Indianapolis the place is full every night for sure with fans who would appreciate seeing the team even with losing seasons. 😂
  11. Exactly. Luis Arraez, Sandy Alcantara, Miguel Cabrera, Stanton, Jon Berti.. those are all players who lived up to their potential in their own unique ways. But yeah.. if a player has been around for a few seasons in mlb and has been consistently producing mediocre results.. it’s probably time to give up that idea. And while it has happened I’m sure in the past of some players who were very average for some seasons and then out of nowhere broke out and played some outstanding seasons (Jose Bautista for example). It’s usually a rare occurrence. Marlins signed Avi to a relatively big contract(for a player of his caliber) because of his “30 HR potential”. How well has that worked out for them?
  12. I think it’s just the “potential” of him or the idea of him hypothetically being good that makes people still want to hold on to that hope of the next Randy Johnson just waiting to pop out any day/year now. 😂
  13. Thought that was another open door to make a joke about carpentry or home remodeling. But couldn’t find a way to make it funny enough. 😔
  14. I love it how the media is really making a big deal with the Tony Gwynn comparisons for Arraez. I made that comparison back in Jan of 2023. of course I definitely wasn’t the first to make that comparison as Twins fans were making that comparison a couple of years ago. But now it’s really trending in the baseball world and San Diego is almost calling him the next Tony Gwynn. I was slightly ahead of the curb on that one. Or at least I tell myself. Meanwhile so many people prob think that they are original with that comparison and the first one to think of that. On another note.. when I was a youngster and people still used text based smileys on chats and text messages you know the classic smile face with a : and ) for example : ) and others.. I’m still pretty sure that I invented a text emoji for Patrick the Star Fish cartoon character it was this: <8) Back in the day some years ago I tried searching for another source online and couldn’t find one so as far as I’m concerned I invented that one. 😂
  15. I have to admit that’s pretty clever. 😂
  16. Definitely Jazz. Even if he doesn’t deserve it with his stats. After MLB pushing so hard for him to be a superstar to try to target the market that NBA has for young hip players to appeal to more urban areas. I would say he definitely gets in as a manager’s choice or player replacement. And then gets traded to the Dodgers, Yankees or Red Sox on July 31st. 😂 I will make another wild prediction here. Muñoz will be like 7-1 by the All Star Break and be starting to make a buzz around the MLB. He will get named as a reserve pitcher.
  17. Ok chief. See you in 2 months when the Marlins are 3 games over .500 and you will be like: “I always believed in this team. Even with all the naysayers here. I just trusted the process and knew that Bendix knew what he was doing after his success in Tampa.”
  18. Crazy how it works.. just in 2022 and 2023.. Arraez wins batting title 2 years in a row, makes the all star team 2 years in row, wins the silver slugger 2 years in a row. But Jazz Chisholm gets put on the cover of video games and stars in tv commercials and Marlins dump Arraez and pays another team to take him. 😂 And Avi gets to stay and make $12 mil this year. Sheesh this is silly. 😂
  19. I don’t know if that’s meant to be a subtle jab or a high praise? 😂
  20. Go where? Ok.. it’s been a long night.. I should probably take a break. Good night/morning to all. Don’t worry guys. I know Arraez being traded is sad and we would have all loved to see him on the Marlins for the long term. But well.. let’s be glad we got to experience a couple of seasons with him and his batting title and the fun and excitement he brought to us Marlins fans for the first time since maybe Juan Pierre/Luis Castillo years. He will probably and hopefully have a Hall of Fame career and one day we will tell our grandkids “I remember watching Arraez when he played on the Marlins and they will reply “eww you’re a Marlins fan. Laaaaaame.” Still the most sad I’ve ever been in my life as a Marlins fan was when Cody Ross was traded.. I felt that one deep in my soul. So I understand the feeling people are having. Arraez is gone.. I’m just happy we got to enjoy watching him for the time he was here. Thanks Luis Arraez for making Marlins baseball fun again for the time you were here! Now go out there and get that $100 mil contract and keep ballin!
  21. Yeah. You’re right.. 98 Marlins had Dunwoody and Josh Booty as funny names. I guess Jonah Bride has a funny similar style name. And of course Head and Woo-Suk Go as well. But I don’t think we will see them anytime soon and especially not this year.. at least Head. So maybe Jonah Bride will be that guy that Marlins fans will look back on fondly in 25 years from now as the guy with the funny name who played on that 100+ loss 2024 season. 😂
  22. Maybe Dane Myers? Hahaha. Well.. I haven’t watched a game in several weeks just the recaps/highlights and like the past 3 or 4 games in a row I see Dane Myers with a big hit and scoring some runs. We could have a couple more of those type players waiting for their shot for these past few seasons but not getting it because of guys like Avi and DLC and Joey Wendle standing in the way.. If nothing else as I said earlier.. since the Marlins are definitely having a losing season as an almost certainty this year.. let’s give a chance to those AAA and AA players who deserve a chance to show what they can do before they get too old and retire without ever getting a proper chance. I’m glad Myers is getting his chance and so far is 6 for 14 on the season. Which unfortunately for the Marlins usually means a trip right back to AAA as soon as they can.
  23. Yep. Marlins last day of the season is Sep 29. So less than 5 months away. Even if Arraez would have stayed all year it’s inevitable that he was leaving anyway.. so it just happened a few months early. It was going to happen anyway so might as well get it over with now that the Marlins are like 9-26 or whatever their record is… Probably would be more painful if the Marlins somehow started scrapping together some wins against all odds and got to like 45-49 or something and then they traded Arraez anyways. 😂 They definitely aren’t making the playoffs at this rate(although it’s still so early in the season that hypothetically speaking nothing is impossible. But yeah.. don’t hold your breath for that one.) So, personally I’d rather them just get all the fire sale out of the way as soon as possible. Maybe give a chance to some of these players we’ve been wanting to see.. Tristan Grey, Jonah Bride.. Mesa whatever Jr something. 😂 This could be another 1998 season in the sense of seeing some fun no name players playing everyday for a few months.
  24. Hahahaha. That’s the point they traded Arraez. Saved $9 million and then still expect people to come pay full price at the stadium! Got to get that revenue! Another thing.. crazy how Arraez is getting 9 mil and Avi gets 12 mil and Arraez is like 100x more productive. Of course as we will see next year the market will compensate Arraez accordingly. Definitely not with the Marlins. Marlins would put Rivera or some other random player there the whole season and pay then like $800,000 or whatever the minimum salary is.
  25. Wow.. looks promising.. if ever completed and posted one day. I will be happy to read it for sure!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.