Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SirFishFan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SirFishFan

  1. I’ve very rarely used a banana reaction in the past, because I personally don’t like it. However in this case, I can’t think of a better use of one.
  2. What do you know? Tanner Scott leading the Marlins in wins with 6 wins. 😂 Such a typical Marlins thing to happen. Marlins have won 25 games this season tying them for last place with the Rockies in the NL and second to last in all the MLB. Yet their closer leads the team in wins.. 😂 Not to mention the Marlins continue to lead the MLB in walk off wins now with 7. 😂
  3. Marlins lead the majors with 6 walk off wins.. probably the only stat they will lead the baseball in at any point this season. 😂
  4. Well.. that is something that we will all have to deal with as we grow older.. seeing some of our favorite baseball stars and players from when we were young pass on. Willie Mays was more like from my father and grandfather’s era and lived longer than a lot of other stars. One of the legitimate all time greats. 660 HRs.. and that was with him taking time off at the beginning of his career to serve in the Korean war. He missed over 260 games. He could have definitely had a shot at passing Babe Ruth 714 HR if he had played all the seasons. But well, he lived a good and long life and will go down in history as one of the greatest to ever play the game. RIP Mr Mays. People will still be talking about you and everything you did for many many years to come!
  5. He definitely will be.. I’m pretty sure of it. If nothing else because he’s the only one on the team that more than 10% of baseball fans in general have even heard of.. maybe Josh Bell as well they are familiar with but he’s definitely not making the all star team. Also there’s the whole optics/marketing aspect to it.. which again may be controversial to say.. but it’s just reality. It’s good for MLB to have a young and hip player being promoted as a “Star”. To attract the younger hip hop urban crowd to the game.. the reality is that Jazz can do that better than guys like Tatis, Acuna, Ohtani, Trout and others. Also we are seeing MLB promote Julio Rodriguez to a large extent as well. Don’t forget.. at the end of the day baseball is a business first and foremost even more than it’s a game.. the end goal is profit above all else.. and reaching as broad an audience including demographics where baseball is less popular compared to other sports like basketball and football is exactly what they are going to do. And that answers the question one player had about why Jazz was on the cover of a video game instead of another player who deserved it more like Acuna or Tatis.. But yeah.. in general Jazz is pretty overrated. Case in point.. if he wasn’t young and hip and cool.. but just an average looking Isan Diaz or @SirFishFan resemblance player.. no one would even care about him. 😂
  6. Wow.. can’t believe I missed this. It’s what I and many others have been asking for a long time. Glad to see it finally happen. Again nothing against home as a person. I’m sure he’s a fine fella and fun to have around at cookouts and such. But as a baseball player was pretty much useless his entire Marlins career and just a waste of space holding up and blocking other Marlins players in AA/AAA from getting a chance. That was funny about Jeter looking him in the eye.. it was like Jeter is about to offer him $53 million contract and wanted to look him in the eye to ask if he was committed. What do you think Avi was going to say “no I’m not really that commited. I just want the money.” 😂
  7. Miami Marlins. Trading away their once in a generation type talent (Miguel Cabrera, JT Realmuto) for can’t miss prospects (Maybin, Alfaro, Sixto). Funny how the Marlins never win those trades.
  8. I love it how this whole thread was just jokes about Go going. Nothing said about new pitcher Shaun Anderson.
  9. I thought about it but it’s still May. So seems fitting to end the month of May with the May game thread and begin the month of June tomorrow back to normal.
  10. Would would have thought at the beginning of the year that after 2 months of baseball some random guy named Otto Lopez would have more HR, RBI and higher BA than Tim Anderson in around half as many ABs? Das maybe?
  11. Would be hilarious if he opens the game by hitting Jazz. 😂
  12. Hey everyone. Can I request that starting in June can we please go back to the daily game threads?
  13. Just wanted to repost what I wrote back on the day that the Marlins acquired him. Sad to see you go, Go.
  14. I’m sure @Rydawg might have a slightly used still in good condition one he could sell to you for a good price.
  15. Well.. at least he’s loyal. I’m sure if he was the assistant GM of a McDonald’s and then moved to be the GM of a BK.. he would hire some of his old employees in a heartbeat.
  16. This is starting to feel like a SOJ/Admin scenario all over again.
  17. Post a pic of you so we can see the resemblance.
  18. I thought it was your cousin.
  19. Anyone want to become a Padres fan? @taiwanpadre where you at these days? I thought you would be commenting on the Arraez acquisition.
  20. “Marlins breaking News: Sandy Alcantara traded for journeyman former Rays utility player who hasn’t played since 2021. Marlins to pay Alcantara’s full salary. Marlins front office said deal was too good to pass up.” -Hypothetical situation but not even that unrealistic/absurd anymore. 😂
  21. Interesting.. he’s 28 years old.. and while not ancient.. that’s very unusual to see. He will be like 7-10 years older than most of his teammates. But he was a highly touted football prospect in high school and was apparently the 7th best player in Missouri in 2014. It’s funny. I was just thinking about Monte Harrison the other day.. and about why he chose baseball over another sport when he had offers for college for different sports. Part of me wondered if maybe he thought that baseball would bring a better payday.. as a lot of baseball players can usually get much larger salaries and for longer durations than say an NFL player. Also the thing I noticed about Monte was every time he was at the plate it seemed like he was swinging for the fences as if he was trying to be the next Barry Bonds/classic late 90’s power hitter like Frank Thomas/Albert Belle type. Well, either way, I wish him well in his college football endeavors.
  22. I meant MLB pushing him. Not the Marlins. MLB pushing him by putting him on video game covers and national TV commercials as if he was a top 5 mlb player. As I alluded to yesterday.. and it might not be PC at all to say.. but I’m pretty sure MLB is marketing him and pushing him to reach the younger urban/hip hop community in much the same way that the NBA does with their players. In MLB there’s only a very few players that will fit that bill from a marketing standpoint. So they will push him as much as possible. 😂
  23. I guess he is considered young and hip and more marketable for the youngsters in society. That’s why they will push him as much as possible. Even more than some other much better players. 😂
  24. Reminds me of that time the Marlins traded Cabrera and Willis for top prospects Andrew Miller and Cameron Maybin.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.