Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SirFishFan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SirFishFan

  1. According to that header (footer?) this site was starting in 1993. Although I have no idea about the history of this site. I’ve been trying to ask @Admin to make a blog posts series about the history of Marlinsbaseball.com. I think it would be fascinating reading. But he won’t budge. 😂
  2. I’m so tempted to try to write a joke about his name. But that would be unkind.. Something that came to mind was like “Woo-Suk Go” @Rydawg step by step method to hooking up.” But that was not that funny so I decided not to write that joke.
  3. I know.. so I took it.. when you see an open door it could be a good opportunity. 😂
  4. Wow.. I didn’t check the website or Marlins news for the past 8 hours or so.. and I come to this site and see this huge news! All I can say is.. we all knew it was coming.. just most of us didn’t want to believe it and was hoping for a last minute change from the Marlins and their FO to show some kind of commitment to winning this year and maybe turn things around while it’s still early in the season. But now it feels real.. as a lot of us predicted and well, most likely we will see some more trades coming up soon to unload a lot more of the “decent” Marlins. A few weeks ago I made a thread on here discussing some similarities between this season and the 1998 season. Remember during that year most of the best remaining Marlins from the 97 team were gone by May. This season is just something we will all have to accept that the Marlins more than likely will lose 100+ games and that’s that. Just another season like 2019.. it will pass like all seasons do.. so time to already start thinking about the 2025 season. Much earlier than anyone would like. But it is what it is.
  5. @Rydawg can confirm that for you.
  6. A’s have won 6 of last 7 including finishing a sweep of the pirates yesterday. But who knows?
  7. This reminds me of the 2022 season when the Marlins were playing terrible as usual until they played the Rockies and scored a bunch of runs and won 3 games in a row and we were all like “Yay! Marlins are back in business!” Until the next series and then we were like “awww nevermind.” 😂
  8. I honestly haven’t watched a Marlins games in around 3 weeks and barely pay any attention anymore. Even to call ups and roster moves. Today I saw a recap of the game and I had no idea who Muñoz is, and also I saw Dane Myers up on the team and he has been contributing the past couple of games. Ultimately this means nothing for this season overall results.. but could be one small bright spot/light at the end of the tunnel of this abysmal season if Muñoz turns out to be an outstanding pitcher and Dane Myers becomes a strong everyday player in the upcoming seasons ahead and with the most likely incoming overhaul of the roster later this year.
  9. 😂😂😂😂😂
  10. I just want to say that I personally appreciate the time you spent to type that out! I know the feeling of spending time to type out a creative post only to have it ignored and then the next person posts a silly gif and it gets 5 laugh reactions and 2 thumbs up. But your creative endeavors have not gone unnoticed by everyone here. Good job on the post!
  11. #pollyam.. Nevermind.
  12. In the 2 most recent seasons in MLB when a team lost 110+ games: 2018 Orioles and 2019 Tigers both only won 47 games during those seasons. The managers got to stay the full season. But those managers were Buck Showalter with the Orioles in 2018 (who didn’t have his contract renewed after the 2018 season) and Ron Gardenhire with the Tigers in 2019 (who stayed but retired after the 2020 season). Now on the other hand with Skip it’s really going to come down to Bruce and Bendix. A lot of teams will fire a manager mid season when they are only around 8-10 games under and just to prove a point. But usually we will see when a team starts off this bad the manager will sometimes get fired just to have someone to blame. For example in recent years Joe Girardi, Joe Maddon and of course Mike Redmond all got fired after only around 60 games or so into the season. Gabe Kapler won manager of the year in 2021 and got fired from the Giants with 6 games remaining in the 2023 season after the Giants failed to make the postseason for 3 out of 4 years of his tenure. I could actually see something like that happening with Skip.. like to fire him in the last month of the year since he’s not coming back anyways.
  13. 😂 Probably some poor random marketing manager will get the blame “for not doing enough to attract fans”. As if they were expecting some free giveaways of straw hats and calendars would bring some sell out crowds. Of course with most people being arrogant and completely tone deaf they will never admit it’s because of the team performance and lack of anything on the field. They will of course probably look to blame the marketing.. weather.. economy.. food prices.. etc for lack of attendance. 😂
  14. Why? I mean.. he teaches sports broadcasting at FAU as a job and one on one broadcasting bootcamps on Zoom as his job now and has a Miami Marlins dedicated blog on the side. I don’t see any problem with his commentary on the Marlins I mean.. I would say he’s probably more qualified to write about the Marlins and the day to day operations of an MLB team than say the fishbytes fellas and some other Marlins fan blogs.
  15. Hahahaha. I was actually going to make a thread or post a couple of hours ago on this same topic. What I was thinking is that we might see Skip fired before the end of May. And an interim manager put in. Although I don’t think it would be Kapler right now.. that would probably look too obvious. So probably an interim manager maybe their bench coach or someone from the farm system. And then in the offseason maybe Kapler “interviews” for the job. I don’t see Bendix getting fired mid season.. I think there’s a better chance of an interim manager being brought in and then maybe some corresponding player moves bring in some better players for the rest of the season and the Marlins finish around 60 wins and next year a new manager is brought in.. and it might not even be Kapler. Probably someone who used to be the AA manager in the Rays organization. 😂
  16. In 1998 after 29 games the Marlins were 10-19 and after 29 games in 2024 the Marlins are 6-23. The 98 Marlins finished 54-108 at this rate the 2024 Marlins might not even get 50 wins. Like there is a solid chance they might finish like 42-120. 😂
  17. Not hyperbole at all. Just 5 years ago in 2019 when the Marlins finished 57-105 most Marlins fans probably thought that was the worse Marlins team they would see for years to come. But I mean.. look at the stats of their starters and some of the bench at the end of the year.. While nothing spectacular, compared to the current team that lineup looks like an All Star team in comparison. Especially Alfaro with 18 HR and 57 RBIs. All the Marlins catchers put together this year might not even get to half those Home Runs. 😂
  18. And yet he will earn $2.1 million this year. And 99%+ of super duper smart people won’t. 😂
  19. That felt like a real life video game situation of mine. When I send the runner home on a single when he has no chance of scoring but I send him anyways and he gets thrown out. 😂
  20. Hahahaha. What was that Gordon? Trying to score from 1st on a single from Brujan. I guess he is so desperate to score some runs after this past week he was taking that chance.
  21. I just realized after all this time why @SonOfJack is gone!!!!! Because remember last year SonOfJack kept telling @pollythewog to bet the house multiple times throughout the year. Now I see why SOJ isn’t here. He is homeless and doesn’t have any internet connection.. meanwhile ol Polly over there has kicked SOJ to the curb because “he didn’t have his shit together” and now Polly is living with Admin. Wow.. what a story that is.. moral of the story.. don’t bet the house unless you have a second home or at least an rv as a backup. 😂 *This is what a 6-20 Marlins season will do to you.
  22. You know something is wrong with the picture when the guy who you got to replace Stallings is like 5x worse. Just when you thought that there couldn’t possibly be a worse catcher at the mlb level than Stallings, of course the Marlins just had to sign that guy. Continuing the Marlins tradition of signing guys worse than the previous one and making us miss the old one who we previously all couldn’t stand and wanted gone. Stallings made Alfaro look like an silver slugger Bethancourt makes Stallings gone look like a big mistake the Marlins made. Crazy thing is that both Alfaro and Stallings are bottom barrel scrap heap mlb catchers offensively it’s just the Marlins keep managing to get worse every year. What’s next year? Putting in the bullpen catcher to play everyday.. wait scratch that, their bullpen catcher is someone named B.J. Lopez. It appeared he played a number of seasons in the Marlins organization and in AA in the independent league as recently as last year and while he was a terrible offensive player at least last year he hit .209. I would dare say even the Marlins bullpen catcher would be an offensive upgrade for them over Bethancourt. 😂
  23. Gonna be good tonight.
  24. Nevermind.. I just put on the replay of the game and it was actually Pat Hughes who is the Cubs main radio announcer, who was calling the game on TV today.. I had a feeling because I can definitely recognize Boog and that just didn’t sound like him when I thought about it. Boog must have had the day off and the radio announcer was filling in. Either way.. you did bring up that old memory of Boog from 2020 playoffs. Yep.. that guy was annoying on that series. 😂
  25. I didn’t watch long enough to pay attention.. but most likely was Boog as he is the Cubs main tv play by play guy though I didn’t know that until now. I used to be able to pick up his voice for years even after he left the Marlins. But yeah.. he definitely seemed very critical of the Fish team.. another comment I remember from the game either him or the color commentator said something along the lines of “Good teams are supposed to win against bad teams” referring to the fact that the Cubs lost a couple vs the Marlins when they should have won 3 or 4 games. I was just looking at Marquee sports network website(The TV channel of the Cubs Baseball games) in their on air talent.. quite an all star roster of former players work for their tv studio broadcasts as analysts including some Marlins connections: Boog, Joe Girardi, Cliff Floyd, Ryan Dempster among many other former mlb stars including Mark Grace and others. Of course most of all of them have a Cubs connection but made me think.. “not fair.. Cubs get Cliff Floyd and Mark Grace. Marlins get Jeff Nelson and Rod Allen?”

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.