Everything posted by SirFishFan
-
Jazz to Yankees
Back on that thread when the Marlins last made the playoffs I remember this post from @mystikol87 and @Michael response: So maybe a big ❤️ reaction for posts that we especially love could be a good choice.
-
Jazz to Yankees
I was just messing with you.. I don’t know if people don’t actually care about the game recaps maybe they do.. but wasn’t trying to insult your blog. Just some good natured ribbing. (It autocorrected to good natured ‘rubbing’ but let’s not take things that far).
-
Jazz to Yankees
@pollythewog is my mom.
-
Jazz to Yankees
Haven’t you been the admin for like 31 years.. if you ever finished that blog post we would know.
-
Jazz to Yankees
Well sorry for giving you ideas for blog content that people would actually want to read. Instead of your usual fare like “Marlins outfielder and younger brother of former Marlins infielder Dee “Strange” Gordon, Nick Gordon continues to struggle at the plate with only 1 hit in his last 3 games.” Real riveting content…
-
Jazz to Yankees
-
Jazz to Yankees
This forum has a way of turning everyone into a comedian sooner or later.
-
Do Bellozo and Munoz make the team next year?
- Jazz to Yankees
- Jazz to Yankees
Yeah kind of.. he’s definitely overrated.. and I’m not saying that in a mean or bad way. It’s just true.. a lot of players have accomplished twice as much as Jazz did and never got close to the press and publicity that Jazz has got. I’m not saying he doesn’t have the potential to be that superstar player, I’m just saying that he probably hasn’t earned it yet. He would be truly underrated if he was quietly putting up .300/25 Hr/85 rbi seasons the past 3 years and never got talked about on a national sports level or anything. Just as an example, let’s compare Jazz with a former Marlins infielder named Dan Uggla. First three seasons: Vs Jazz Chisholm Jr first three full seasons (won’t count 2020): Now of course you can bring up the very fair point that Jazz has been on the IL for most of his career so that is not a fair comparison to Uggla who played almost every game those years and there is no way of knowing exactly what Jazz could have done had he played full seasons healthy. But I think that is exactly the point. How a player who hasn’t played long enough and consistently enough gets treated like the next Derek Jeter it seems sometimes. With the national news and attention and video game covers. Most players would need like at least 3-4 all star appearances and maybe an MVP to get that type of attention. 😂 I made this point many times on this forum in the past.. but the way I look at it really just comes down to business/marketing decisions. In other words MLB wants to reach that market of urban youth that the NFL and especially the NBA dominates. And the reality is that MLB doesn’t have hardly any players that can fit that bill.. so when Jazz came along, even though he hadn’t really done anything of note yet, they pounced on that one so fast. 😂 I mean realistically.. how many young and exciting and flashy players in the MLB that can reach that urban market are there? Maybe like 5, I don’t know. Tim Anderson was one a few years ago. Maybe Mookie Betts, possibly Acuña or Tatis Jr.. but it’s slim pickings in MLB from a marketing standpoint. 😂 So yeah, I wouldn’t consider Jazz underrated just because he hasn’t done enough consistently to be undervalued or not rated highly enough, and I would say he definitely falls in the category of Overrated just in the sense of he hasn’t done enough on the field consistently to really earn all the attention he’s getting. Honestly I wish him well and I hope he can stay healthy going forward and have a long and successful career. With all that being said.. once he wins that first WS with the Yanks.. expect to see the commercials with him increase and him becoming a household name.- Jazz to Yankees
But to be fair.. Jazz isn’t underrated in my opinion. I get what you’re saying and because it’s ESPN they would put him on that list to tell the sports world about some hidden treasure. Problem is that he plays on Yankees and already been an All Star and video game cover model even without doing anything so amazing in his career yet. So even by ESPN reporting standards that would be a bit of a stretch. To me underrated for sure would be someone like Sandy Alcantara who a couple of years ago was having one of the best seasons a pitcher could hope for and at some points in that year was pretty much the best pitcher in MLB. I know he made the all star team that year but still you wouldn’t see him on the cover a video game even though he deserved it much more than Jazz.- Marlins To Promote Connor Norby
@pollythewog needed some stability in their life. After years and years of jet setting and speed dating.. Polly needed a home base to store their stuff so they could continue jet setting and speed dating events but also have a nice place to come home to a few times a year whenever in town. And probably figured that a successful admin would be a good catch. So that's an abbreviated version of their basic love story.- Do Bellozo and Munoz make the team next year?
- August Game Thread
- August Game Thread
Is that you and @sonofjack?- MLB Considering Rules To Keep Starting Pitchers In Games Longer
Well.. whichever team has Robert Dugger starting will be able to change pitchers by the 1st or 2nd inning. 😂 Just checked and as always.. never fails to amaze me.. this guy keep somehow manages to get teams to sign him. This year he was in the A’s minor league system but also played in Korean league with like a 12.74 ERA. 😂 I’ve said this before on here.. but Robert Dugger is truly a hero.. he’s someone who’s so objectively bad at his job yet he still manages to keep getting hired and makes at least six figure salary.. literally any other job would not put up with someone this bad at it. It would be like if someone worked at McDonalds but kept dropping food on the floor they wouldn’t last long. But somehow Robert Dugger has found a way to keep getting hired and getting paid. Good for him! 😂- Oz fired
I mean this is the same organization that kept Avi Garcia around like 2 years too long.. they could have just paid him and let him walk. But you know.. they figure if they are paying them might as well put them to work.. that was my only explanation of why Avi was still a starter for so long.- Jazz to Yankees
I just realized that his name was his parents butchered attempt at naming him “Davidson.” 😂 Very common in Latin American countries. They want to give like some “English” sounding names to their offspring instead of the usual fare like Jose or Carlos, but they don’t know how the names are spelled so they just wing it on the spelling. 😂- 2024 Roster Moves Thread
I’d be happy with an Admin podcast talking about the history of Marlinsbaseball.com- Jazz to Yankees
Is it theoretically possible for the Yankees to trade for Burger this late in the season. Sorry I forgot/stop caring about the trade deadline rules. 😂- Jazz to Yankees
@pollythewog is the type to send Jazz a dm on Instagram and be like “Hi Jazz, longtime fan here. I’m a Marlins fan but also a lifelong Yankees fan. I live nearby. Just wanted to see if you wanted to hangout and play checkers sometime. Hit me up!” and actually go and Hangout with Jazz. Meanwhile @Admin has no one to cook for him and just is racking up those DoorDash bills eating processed foods 3 times a day. While his wife is out frolicking with celebrities around the city. 😂- Forbes on fish
No it’s not. It’s exactly the same as it was 8 months ago.- Oz fired
That’s what happens when you hired line 5 assistant GMs. When times get tough. The superfluous ones are the first to get sent packing. Wonder why Bendix needed so many assistants. Probably to make reports for him so he could sit back and enjoy the games. So basically the same as a GM in almost every company.. have your middle management do all the actual management work and you collect the big paychecks. Imagine if sometime within the next 5 years we read a headline that says like “group led by David Samson in talks to acquire the Marlins.” 😂- August Game Thread
I hate to say it.. but Burger would look amazing in the Yankee pinstripes. Something about that image just feels right.- August Game Thread
Happy wife, happy life. @Admin