Everything posted by SirFishFan
-
August Game Thread
Marlins did good today! Burger and Jesus Sanchez HR. I’ve always considered Jesus Sanchez to have 40+ HR potential and in the past I’ve called him the actual best power hitter on the Marlins roster, if he could ever get things together. Well not always considered that to be fair. When he first came up in 2020 I think.. and his BA was like .080 I was so annoyed with the Marlins for keeping him out there. I used to fight with Michael about him.. and also Vesia… But yeah, in the past I’ve compared Sanchez to Ruben Sierra.. I could see him having that type of career if he can get a little more consistent. He might not ever reach his 40+ HR potential.. but he still definitely has it there.
-
Jazz to Yankees
Perhaps if you cooked @pollythewog a nice three course dinner and stopped going to those nightly speed dating events you would have access.
-
August Game Thread
I don’t get it? Because almost every player is wearing a hat from another team?
-
2024 Roster Moves Thread
Then you can get a picture with the two of them!
-
2024 Roster Moves Thread
I’ll tell you why.. job opportunity. In MLB there are only 30 possible manager postions to be had and maybe a hundred people qualified and would want the job. And in any given year out of those 30 positions there might just be 3-5 actual openings. If there are no openings for a manager on a west coast team and the White Sox job is available and willing to pay him money to take the job. Of course he will take it. Besides Chicago is one of the biggest sports markets in the country and he was with the Cardinals organization for a long time so it’s not like he’s a stranger to that area. I actually would like to see Skip be the manager of a team like the Padres. Reunite with Arraez and idk.. something about him just fits well with that team. I know he was the former bench coach for the Padres so maybe that’s why. But I don’t think Mike Shildt from the Padres is leaving anytime soon or Dave Roberts from the Dodgers.. probably a more likely west coast team could be the Angels which actually might be a good fit for Skip. They have Ron Washington now as manager but he’s 72 and the Angels may finish under .500 this season so who knows? Maybe in the offseason they’re looking for a new manager and Skip would fit the bill. He lives in Orange County so it’s close to home.. only thing is having to deal with Arte Moreno but well after a few years of Sherman and Bendix, he can handle it. 😂
-
Jazz to Yankees
Back in the early 00’s basically all extreme “casual fans” (as in never watches any games all year but then whichever team wins the WS they act that they are huge fans) who didn’t know anything about baseball were Yankees fans of course because they were in the World Series every year it seemed. Just like almost all casual basketball fans at that time were Lakers fans (after Michael Jordan stopped playing and they changed from the Bulls) and most casual football fans in mid to late 90s were probably Cowboys or Packers fans. 😂 Now days I don’t keep up with or care that much in general about the sports world anymore. But I would imagine that probably these days the extreme casual fans of society are probably “huge” Chiefs (well that one for sure because of the whole Taylor Swift thing), Lakers because of LeBron, and for baseball, I don’t know actually what team would be considered still the favorite team of the general casual fan living anywhere in general. Maybe still the Yankees is probably going to be the answer. As they are probably still considered “America’s team” just like the Cowboys and Bulls in the 90s, and then later the Pats and Lakers/Spurs/Cavs. 😂 But yeah.. back to your original post.. I met so many “Yankees fans” during that time period. I asked them to name me some Yankees players they were like “Uh, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemons, uh, that catcher Jorge Posada..” 😂
-
Jazz to Yankees
Earlier in this thread I asked for predictions on how soon we would see Yankees fans boo Jazz? Don’t be surprised if this slump goes on for another week.. the moment Jazz gets an error or a inning ending strikeout.. don’t be surprised to see those Yankee fans there booing.
-
DLC to Pirates
Since he now only does select home games I would have to imagine there will be at least a couple more series this season with Tommy.
-
Forbes on fish
-
Forbes on fish
Does it say “Lawrence”?
-
Forbes on fish
Isn’t the Admin your husband? Or was that @SonOfJack? Either way.. maybe if you cooked a nice three course dinner and spent a little more time at home instead of your nightly speed dating events.. perhaps you would have access to be able to post articles. 😳
-
2024 Roster Moves Thread
I think it was was like R8512 or something like that. 😂 Update: I was really close.. I just based it off my photographic memory. The correct name is @r5812. 😂
-
2024 Roster Moves Thread
I know right.. I’m pretty sure we have been talking about that on this board since Kapler signed and before Skip even announced he wasn’t returning. Im curious if Skip will try for another manager position or move to a front office position. How crazy would it be if Kapler and Skip did a 1:1 swap of positions. Not going to happen but would be funny. But nah I’m hoping Skip finds a much better team to manage. Seems like a solid dude. Deserves better than what he’s been given to work with. 😂
-
2024 Roster Moves Thread
Hahaha. That really happened. I thought you were just saying. Like on the old game threads people would write every game “Avi DFA” or “Jazz DFA” every time they got an out. 😂
-
2024 Roster Moves Thread
Fun fact.. Back in 2008 the Marlins had a pitcher named Juan Soto play for a few games in the Dominican summer league. looks like that’s all the professional experience he ever had. Never made it past the summer league. Probably is working as a barber somewhere in the DR. Imagine they send some scouts to find him. Just to announce “Marlins have signed Juan Soto in free agency!” 😂
-
Jazz to Yankees
Anyone have any predictions of how long it will take for Yankee fans to boo Jazz? 0 for 16 streak?
-
Jazz to Yankees
When Cody Ross was traded I took it very hard. Ross had become one of my all time favorite Marlins players especially after those ‘06-‘08 seasons. So when he was traded I think that some tears were welling up in my eyes. It felt like a good friend was moving away to another place and you would never see them again.. even if you occasionally kept in touch you know things will never be the same. I remember I grabbed my acoustic guitar and wrote a sappy emo song on the spot about saying goodbyes and stuff. 😂 So yeah, at least one Marlins fan shedded some tears when Cody Ross left. 😂
-
Jazz to Yankees
I might as well become a Yankees fan now.. I mean Stanton, Berti and Jazz.. basically a Marlins team if they were willing to spend money. 😂
-
Jazz to Yankees
Jazz is just being added to the list of former Marlins who left the team and all of a sudden reached their full potential: Yelich, Jazz, Donovan Solano, Ozuna, plus many more I can’t remember off the top of my head. I won’t say guys like Cabrera and Stanton because they were already playing at a high level when they got traded. Watch Jazz be an All Star for the next 5-7 seasons. Happy for him though.. a player with his ego should be on the Yankees. He is too much of a legend in his own mind to play on a team like the Marlins. I love how the Yankees are utilizing him on the infield which is what I have wanted all this time instead of him playing CF but a lot of you dorks (specifically @Michael ) would instantly shut me down when I suggested it. Even though it was a good idea all this time. 😂
-
Jazz to Yankees
Well my prediction about being the Marlins lone All Star this year was wrong, but my prediction about him going to the Yankees was 4 days off…
-
July Game Thread
Hahaha. Marlins finally won a game. You know.. I don’t watch games anymore just the highlights.. but I’ve noticed in the past few days both Jesus Sanchez and today DLC both have seemed to disregard Jazz calling to catch fly balls to the outfield. Like some near collisions with Jazz and the other outfielders where it appears Jazz is calling out that he will catch it and the other outfielders are like “nah, bruh” and just go in front and catch the ball. Today it look like DLC had a look like idgaf and just caught it with no regards to Jazz being right behind him. Anyone else notice that? Do you think it’s disrespectful to Jazz because it’s kind of indicating that they think he might drop it or not catch it. Or you think it’s just a coincidence. Just funny that I have noticed twice in the past few days and I don’t even watch games. 😂
-
Panthers Leave Bally Sports and Move to Scripps Sports
I love this.. throwback to the old times like around 20+ years ago when almost all the professional sports teams would show at least some of their games locally for free over the air tv. Reminds me when Marlins games used to show on PaxTV. Was a nice option back then when your family couldn’t afford or just didn’t want to pay for cable. And now days nice to see the Panthers games shown locally for free in South FL. Hopefully that will help to grow the fan base even bigger coming off this Stanley Cup win!
-
July Game Thread
In the almost 4 years I have been a member of this blog, I have never seen this site so apathetic and just an overall feeling of boredom and ennui. Sad times to be a Marlins fan.. well I mean every year has been sad for the most part but something about this year just feels like “I’m over this” but like on a grander scale. No one even bothered to make a July fake thread.. no one cares. @pollythewog just here talking to himself. @SonOfJack is probably somewhere sailing around on a cruise ship.. after years and years of Pollythewog’s shenanigans, ol SOJ had enough and wanted to live his own life so he just deserted us. 😔
-
2024 Roster Moves Thread
After that error from Edwards. Marlins should be in the market for a new SS. I heard Tim Anderson might be available. Anyone interested?
-
Marlins 2024 Attendance Figures Thread - FINAL RESULTS (at end of thread)
Hi Rei, Welcome to the forums here. I haven’t been to a game since 2017.. well mainly because I don’t live in Miami anymore. But yeah I get what you’re saying. It’s pathetic what the attendance has been over the years and especially lately, but well I don’t see it changing anytime soon. As we’ve all previously discussed on this website in the past.. it really seems like the only long term solution for getting people to the stadium is winning consistently for several years in a row and throw in a World Series appearance. Even that isn’t guaranteed. Maybe if the Marlins signed 2-3 top tier free agents AND consistently won games then maybe.. but still not guaranteed either. It’s been the same story for so long.. just tired of it by now as well. 😂