Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DLC to Pirates

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Jun-Seok Shim first name in return.

Anyone know anything about him? Very limited track record in the minors. Just 20 years old.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Garret Forrester, as well.

Looks like he walks a ton. Not much power, though.

1 hour ago, Valid said:

Anyone know anything about him? Very limited track record in the minors. Just 20 years old.

Was a regarded international prospect but has mostly dealt with injuries. If the Pirates are dealing him it does make me worry his medicals are shot, but definitely worth a flyer to see if maybe his arm can actually stay attached and live up to the potential

1 hour ago, Nny said:

Was a regarded international prospect but has mostly dealt with injuries. If the Pirates are dealing him it does make me worry his medicals are shot, but definitely worth a flyer to see if maybe his arm can actually stay attached and live up to the potential

OMG YOU'RE BACK

2 hours ago, Admin said:

I like X but i can’t imagine X being the final straw for someone after everything else that’s happened already. 

what would be the final straw though?  It's funny that most of us are already in acceptance that Sandy and Lizard will be moved next season at some juncture - but if (mostly) unproven Xavier Edwards gets traded we're quits?  I would think moving our last star player (an actual star, unlike Jazz) would be more of the tipping point.

 

Who knows.  When they moved Arraez i checked out mentally on the rest of the season.  I wasn't even watching games by that point but i was at least looking at boxscores still - i will sometimes go a week without checking if they won/lost now. 

 

To each their own i guess.  I hate this owner.

26 minutes ago, hovertical said:

what would be the final straw though?  It's funny that most of us are already in acceptance that Sandy and Lizard will be moved next season at some juncture - but if (mostly) unproven Xavier Edwards gets traded we're quits?  I would think moving our last star player (an actual star, unlike Jazz) would be more of the tipping point.

 

Who knows.  When they moved Arraez i checked out mentally on the rest of the season.  I wasn't even watching games by that point but i was at least looking at boxscores still - i will sometimes go a week without checking if they won/lost now. 

 

To each their own i guess.  I hate this owner.

Did you see the interviews with Scott and Hoe about reuniting with arraez? 😭😭😭

3 hours ago, hovertical said:

what would be the final straw though?  It's funny that most of us are already in acceptance that Sandy and Lizard will be moved next season at some juncture - but if (mostly) unproven Xavier Edwards gets traded we're quits?  I would think moving our last star player (an actual star, unlike Jazz) would be more of the tipping point.

 

Who knows.  When they moved Arraez i checked out mentally on the rest of the season.  I wasn't even watching games by that point but i was at least looking at boxscores still - i will sometimes go a week without checking if they won/lost now. 

 

To each their own i guess.  I hate this owner.

Sandy isn't getting moved next season.

I still say there's only like a one percent chance that happens.

As far as the final straw, I don't think there is one. We are still here after a million and one firesales. We watched this team trade arguably the best hitter of his generation in Miguel Cabrera because they were too cheap to buy out his arbitration years (like, just imagine if they kept him; they at least make a deep playoff run at some point in 2008 or 2009). We saw them trade Giancarlo Stanton for almost literally nothing after he had one of the most dominant seasons in MLB history. We watched them trade Luis Arraez in early May, of all times.

We all know we'll still be here.

Edited by Valid

13 hours ago, hovertical said:

what would be the final straw though?  It's funny that most of us are already in acceptance that Sandy and Lizard will be moved next season at some juncture - but if (mostly) unproven Xavier Edwards gets traded we're quits?  I would think moving our last star player (an actual star, unlike Jazz) would be more of the tipping point.

 

Who knows.  When they moved Arraez i checked out mentally on the rest of the season.  I wasn't even watching games by that point but i was at least looking at boxscores still - i will sometimes go a week without checking if they won/lost now. 

 

To each their own i guess.  I hate this owner.

 

9 hours ago, Valid said:

Sandy isn't getting moved next season.

I still say there's only like a one percent chance that happens.

As far as the final straw, I don't think there is one. We are still here after a million and one firesales. We watched this team trade arguably the best hitter of his generation in Miguel Cabrera because they were too cheap to buy out his arbitration years (like, just imagine if they kept him; they at least make a deep playoff run at some point in 2008 or 2009). We saw them trade Giancarlo Stanton for almost literally nothing after he had one of the most dominant seasons in MLB history. We watched them trade Luis Arraez in early May, of all times.

We all know we'll still be here.

I think we'll still naturally care because they're "our" team.  I don't think I'll ever fully/100% check out.

BUT for me at least, the level of care is wildly different than it used to be.  I used to follow every single game regardless of them winning/losing.  I watched last year with the success.  But this year, I haven't tuned into a single game.  I'm not investing time into it.  I still follow the moves and hang out on the forums because y'all are fun, but I don't think I'll ever follow the same way again.

To also be fair, life in general makes it harder to fully follow vs. when younger and fewer responsibilities, but couple unentertaining broadcasters (Rich and Tommy were fun even when losing) with inept ownership that has no interest in investing in its product, why should I fully care?

On 8/2/2024 at 8:28 AM, rmc523 said:

 

I think we'll still naturally care because they're "our" team.  I don't think I'll ever fully/100% check out.

BUT for me at least, the level of care is wildly different than it used to be.  I used to follow every single game regardless of them winning/losing.  I watched last year with the success.  But this year, I haven't tuned into a single game.  I'm not investing time into it.  I still follow the moves and hang out on the forums because y'all are fun, but I don't think I'll ever follow the same way again.

To also be fair, life in general makes it harder to fully follow vs. when younger and fewer responsibilities, but couple unentertaining broadcasters (Rich and Tommy were fun even when losing) with inept ownership that has no interest in investing in its product, why should I fully care?

I feel seen. If there was a love reaction, you’d have gotten it. If there was a swamp ass reaction, I’d have made a second account just to give you two.

Edited by mystikol87
Typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.