Everything posted by SirFishFan
-
Fredi Gonzalez
Hey guys, Fredi Gonzalez was recently fired by the Orioles as their bench coach. What do you say the Marlins bring him back on? I mean he is like the most OG member of the Marlins organization you can find when you think about it. Being their first ever manager in their organization starting back in 1992 for their minor league squad. And as we all know their 3rd base coach from ‘99-‘00, their Manager from ‘07-‘10 and then back as their 3rd base coach from ‘16-‘19. I think it’s time for another go round with Fredi G! I know that most everyone seems to hate him. But I mean.. the Marlins anyways are going to probably hire some no name no experience guy most likely. Might as well be someone with experience. My vote is for Fredi! Who is with me?
-
We hire anyone yet?
Why would he stay? He was part of Skip’s crew and fired with the rest of the coaching staff. Skip is gone and new manager will probably want to bring his own guys with him. I don’t blame him. It’s funny like lately for the past few years it seems like the Marlins coaching staff was filled with a lot of former Yankee organization and Cardinals organization “guys”. How come we never see any “Marlins guys” on the coaching staff? I mean like a Dan Uggla as bench coach and Derek Lee as hitting coach and Isan Diaz as head janitor?
-
Marlins Trivial Pursuit #7
Sounds like you’re a big Mike Piazza fan!
-
Marlins Trivial Pursuit #7
Piazza backup catcher? Come on bro. How can you forget Mike Rabelo?
-
2024-2025 Offseason Thread
Not too bad. No complaints from me. This place needed a fresh coat of paint. Now that you tackled this project you can revisit the blog post of the history of Marlinsbaseball.com
-
Predict the next manager
I agree. I can actually see that happening. And then the Marlins would sign a few good players and actually become a good team. Maybe an 2nd/3rd place in wild card team. And then we realized that all this time the Marlins could have done that the whole time.. but just needed non Kim Ng chosen manager first. 😂 But we all know that won’t happen. Probably will be some random guy called something like Osvaldo de la Rosa who played 2 seasons as backup catcher in Rays organization 8 years ago never making it higher than AA but has been a low a hitting coordinator for the past couple of years in Rookie A ball. But you know, Rays!!! 😂
-
2025 Draft Odds Finalized
First SOJ, then Admin, then that Mutts fan you are dating and now Michael. I always used the #pollyamory as a joke. But now starting to think it’s real.
-
2025 Draft Odds Finalized
I don’t care about MLB drafts. Any player you get won’t be around for at least 3 years. I prefer nba and nfl drafts where if you have a first round pick they will most likely be in your starting lineup and making a difference just a few months later. None of this let’s wait for him to develop for 4 years but then probably trade him by then type of MLB draft. 😂
-
Marlins fire nearly everyone including Mel
Hahaha. People really be acting like this is some unprecedented move for a new front office team to come in and fire everyone. Must be a really slow sports week because I am seeing many national sports news outlets running this story. Check this out from 2017: later in the same article: Not to mention all the other changes Jeter made to the organization as a whole including gutting out almost all the Loria/Samson touches. The home run sculpture, the green stadium color scheme, many other things.
-
Arraez traded
This is a public message board forum. This isn’t your marriage counseling session.
-
Skip tells players he is done
Why did that get a thumbs up? Why are you guys a bunch of haters? How come someone deleted one of my posts last night for no reason? What came first the chicken or the egg? So many questions that need answering.
-
Skip tells players he is done
Thanks for the past couple of seasons Skip! I know you were only here for a short time and this past season was terrible. But after all those years of Donnie. Was nice to have a fresh face around here as manager. Wish ya well with whatever you do next! I remembered this post I wrote from back when it was just a rumor that the Marlins would hired Skip.
-
Marlins fire nearly everyone including Mel
I don’t see why there is even any issue with this. I guess Twitter people are bored af and are just looking for anything to complain about. But it’s usually always common when a manager leaves and goes to a new team that they bring most of their own core group of coaches with them wherever they go. @Das Texan will understand this reference. Tony LaRussa had Dave Duncan as his pitching coach for the White Sox then moved to the Oakland A’s and then the St Louis Cardinals and also long time first base coach Dave McKay also moved from the Oakland A’s when LaRussa went to the Cardinals in the mid 90s. So obviously when a new manager comes in he will bring his new guys with him and the old regime moves along. How many coaches are still here from the Mattingly years? I know the Mel remained but I mean first base and third base coaches and bench coach? Exactly. Complete non issue and waste of time by lower IQ Twitter users. 😂
-
Predict the next manager
Anyone interested in Walt Weiss? He’s the current bench coach for the Braves and former manager of the Rockies and of course an original 1993 Marlin. I don’t see it happening. But I mean who knows?
-
Predict the next manager
I mean, with the Marlins current roster, even understanding the current landscape of the game didn’t seem to work out too well for them. Maybe what the fish need is a real old school Dusty Baker-type manager to come in and manage with some gut feelings. Buck Showalter is still available i think and he probably has another 3-5 solid seasons of managing left in him. I mean what’s the worst that can happen the Marlins ending up 62-100 next year. 😂
-
Predict the next manager
Rays bench coach Rodney Linares. You heard it here first.
-
Pete Rose Dead at 83
I think it could definitely be possible for his career hypothetically. I could picture Shohei pulling a Tom Brady or Albert Pujols and playing up until around age 45 and still putting up several 20 hr seasons towards the end. So he needs 538 to break the all time record. Let’s say over the next 5 seasons he averages 50 HRs a season. That would get him to age 35 and 475 career HRs and then just have 288 HRs remaining. Could go like this: Age 35 - 42 hr Age 36 - 39 hr Age 37 - 34 hr Age 38 - 29 hr Age 39 - 25 hr Age 40 - 25 hr Age 41 - 21 hr Age 42 - 20 Hr Age 43 - 20 hr Age 44 - 18 hr Age 45 - 15 hr Total = 288 hrs Total for career = 763 Hr new record holder! 😂
-
Pete Rose Dead at 83
It’s interesting how the all time leader in hits - Pete Rose and the all time leader in HRs - Barry Bonds, will both most likely never make the hall of fame. Or at least during their lifetimes. Maybe in like 30 years from now we might see Bonds voted in as a special honorary inductee. Shohei Ohtani has potential to break Bond’s HR record. I don’t really imagine anyone breaking Pete Rose’s all time hits record.
-
Polly's September Game Thread
Now I finally understand why @SonOfJack left! Once he realized that Polly was swapping him for the Admin who just happens to be a Mets fan but runs this site as an ironic joke to talk about with his fellow Mutts supporters, SOJ could no longer in good conscience stay around here once he realized what was going on. 😂
-
Polly's September Game Thread
Not surprised at all to hear that. #pollyamory
-
Polly's September Game Thread
Wow.. the season is over. Just felt like it started not that long ago. What a weird year. Terrible forgettable season with not many bright spots. But well.. just so apathetic right now about the Marlins. 😂 Only strange thing around here is the @TaiwanMarlins is gone and nowhere to be found. It’s the annual tradition for him to create the offseason thread like the next day after the season ends. But well I don’t blame him if he just decided to give up on the Marlins. 😂 Well.. let’s see what happens this offseason. Maybe with a new manager coming in.. we might finally see some good players signed. 😂
-
Skip tells players he is done
If you met Bendix during a rain delay would you take a cheerful pic with him? Or just ask him for his number while @Admin is standing 5 feet away? #pollyamory
-
Skip tells players he is done
If the players would have visited Marlinsbaseball.com they would have known about this since April 7th.
-
Polly's September Game Thread
Well.. even on the worst of seasons. Marlins will almost always have at least one 14+ run game per year. It just took them until game 160 to do it. But at least a little bit of fun and excitement as this dreadful season is coming to a close. 😂
-
100 Losses - We Did It Guys!
Damn. Sorry to hear that, friend. Well.. this season is bout to end.. hopefully we won’t have another 100 loss season for awhile. Could happen again next year but hopefully not.