Jazz Voted "Most Overrated" In Anonymous Player Poll

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5529966/2024/06/10/mlb-player-poll-overrated-underrated-worst-organization?source=user-shared-article

20.3%, doubling second place Anthony Rendon.

"Unsurprisingly, players were not as keen to respond to this question, and those who did were less aligned on their answers. At the top was Marlins center fielder Chisholm, who took home 20 percent of the vote. Though most respondents did not elaborate on their reasoning, one player did question how the former All-Star ended up on the cover of last year’s “MLB The Show” video game."

Elly De La Cruz being on this list makes me think some of the people who responded are just jealous of that dude lol. i mean it's only his second season at age 22 and his stat line looks pretty good to me...and those 34 steals to boot? yeah.  that's just some dudes being sour

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Elly De La Cruz being on this list makes me think some of the people who responded are just jealous of that dude lol. i mean it's only his second season at age 22 and his stat line looks pretty good to me...and those 34 steals to boot? yeah.  that's just some dudes being sour

Imagine if Jazz voted him.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Ive been telling you clowns this for 3 years. Dude is a bum, and now has very little value.

He’s on pace for a 3+ WAR player this year and has been the 6th best CF all aeoinf year in mlb. All his numbers are trending the right way. 

He should be moved back to the infield because his defense isn’t terrific but saying he’s a bum with those numbers is just silly

Edited by pollythewog

14 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

He’s on pace for a 3+ WAR player this year and has been the 6th best CF all aeoinf year in mlb. All his numbers are trending the right way. 

He should be moved back to the infield because his defense isn’t terrific but saying he’s a bum with those numbers is just silly

His defense in the infield was also bad.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Also folks jazz has been the best player on the team this year (not saying much) and it’s not even close. He should prob be the all star

He definitely will be.. I’m pretty sure of it. If nothing else because he’s the only one on the team that more than 10% of baseball fans in general have even heard of.. maybe Josh Bell as well they are familiar with but he’s definitely not making the all star team. Also there’s the whole optics/marketing aspect to it.. which again may be controversial to say.. but it’s just reality. It’s good for MLB to have a young and hip player being promoted as a “Star”. To attract the younger hip hop urban crowd to the game.. the reality is that Jazz can do that better than guys like Tatis, Acuna, Ohtani, Trout and others.

Also we are seeing MLB promote Julio Rodriguez to a large extent as well.

Don’t forget.. at the end of the day baseball is a business first and foremost even more than it’s a game.. the end goal is profit above all else.. and reaching as broad an audience including demographics where baseball is less popular compared to other sports like basketball and football is exactly what they are going to do. And that answers the question one player had about why Jazz was on the cover of a video game instead of another player who deserved it more like Acuna or Tatis..

But yeah.. in general Jazz is pretty overrated. Case in point.. if he wasn’t young and hip and cool.. but just an average looking Isan Diaz or @SirFishFan resemblance player.. no one would even care about him. 😂

• Haha 1