Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mva5580

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mva5580

  1. Sounds to me like an article from a guy who's jealous of a team that has won 2 World Series titles in its 12 years of existence where his local team hasn't won a World Series since......oh wait a minute, the San Francisco Giants have never won a World Series.
  2. lol while that is the ideal situation for us Marlin fans, it's not the world we live in. Most of those guys on that list are just too good to not want to cash in on their value. And of those guys on that list, I would say at least Pierre and Burnett are prime candidates to go to the Yankees.
  3. I understand Delgado because of his contract. But Lowell and Gonzalez as well? Where are they gonna come up with the money to pay all these guys? The payroll would have to go up by 15 million a year.
  4. Between Willis, Beckett, Burnett, Cabrera, Gonzales, Castillo, Lowell, and Pierre, this team is probably going to DRASTICALLY change in the next 3 years or so. Between all of those players listed, how many do you think will still be with the Marlins in 3 years? I say: Willis Beckett Cabrera Castillo
  5. Sweet Grand Slam tonight, great to see it. Hopefully that's the big shot in the arm that this team so desperately needs right now.
  6. to a team that had to travel 3400 miles and is 7 games under .500 :banghead
  7. People have interest in Matt Perisho????? HA!!! They could seriously trade him for a new training room table and I'd be satisfied.
  8. WE WOULDN'T BE HERE if we didn't love the team just as much as you. So no, we'll say whatever we want to. Telling fans to "STFU" because they are frustrated is incredibly childish on your part. We'll say what we want, when we want. If you don't like it, I guess that's just too bad.
  9. Perisho usually gets lefties out 797060[/snapback] uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................
  10. I'm totally with you man. Perisho is an absolute joke, ditto for Bump. Get them off the team NOW.
  11. I couldn't do a whole lot worse, and I'll play for a hell of a lot less than 8 million. I'll take 300,000 a year and season tickets to Notre Dame Football games and we're all good.
  12. If Lenny is being at all serious in that, that's pretty damn weak. What a crybaby. Obviously all in good fun and the guy is whining about it? Please I really hope he was just going along with the joke.
  13. Should have went after this guy if he was this available. I know how bad he has been in Chicago but trust me he was put into a situation he wasn't comfortable with. He was a lights out setup man in Minnesota and the Cubs were always trying to force the closers role on him, and it just didn't work. And everyone treated him like crap here. Would have been a good bullpen pickup and it would have allowed us to dump the human wasteland that is Nate Bump. We'll be ok without him, but it could have been a nice addition to the weakest point of the team.
  14. Attention People Who Post in this Forum: Shut Up. It is anyone's right to post whatever the hell they want in this forum that is within the rules. What because I criticize my team I'm not as big a fan as you are? Bull S#@!. I've been a Marlins fan since they started in '93, and I've seen PLENTY of ups and downs through the years. I can praise good players and slam bad players and still be as much of a fan as you or anybody else. You prefer to sit back and bite your tongue even though you're thinking the exact same thing in side, and that's your choice. I prefer to voice my opinions about players, and that's my choice. It's not your place to tell people what to say and how to say it. What's the line again? If you don't like it, don't read it. I'm not talking about something that is a life/death situation here, I'm talking about baseball. If you were to have your opinion on something a little bit more important in life, maybe I would agree with you a bit more on it. But the last time I checked, the people who choose to criticize players have the same right to post here as the people who kiss their asses no matter how they are perfoming. So when it comes to us having opinions on our team, good or bad, there are two things you can do: 1) Absolutely nothing and 2) Like it
  15. I would have loved to hear that conversation. Probably told the kid "throw strikes or you might as well pack your bags for AAA tonight."
  16. I agree, I'd say he's just about finished. I mean his pitches look like absolute MEAT.
  17. Yeah he's really earning that salary........question is do we replace him with Valdez in the rotation when he's healthy? Because Leiter has been absolutely awful. Good guy or not, we need someone that can do better than him. Maybe if the Astros are out of contention at the trade deadline, we could get Clemens.......yeah I know I'm dreaming. But maybe we could give them Moehler if we continues to perform well, Conine, and a top pitching prospect. Again, I know, dreaming.
  18. Oh I agree with the efficiency part, overall I think this franchise has done a great job when it comes to spending money. There have been A LOT of great roster decisions. Of course there have been bad ones too, but hey that's the way it goes. And the attendance has been up the last 2 years, and that certainly needs to continue as long as this issue remains open. Because if there is any sign that baseball is not viable in South Florida, then that team is gone
  19. I'm a big Marlins fan. BUT........... I see what the guy is trying to say. We are not like the Expos at all in regards to the fact that we've won 2 championships where the Expos never won squat. But other than those 2 years, the other similarities are there: 1) Fans don't show up to games 2) A lot of people hate the stadium 3) Ownership has attempted and has failed to get the team the stadium it needs 4) Low payroll I know the team has had 2 successful years, and has the ability this year to make it to the WS. But ownership is looking for long term stability, not the opportunity to have a great single year. If they don't get a new stadium deal done in Miami in the next year or two, they're gone. I REALLY hope they don't go to Vegas, because that just makes no sense to me. But the fact is they're gonna go where there are enough dollar signs to build a stadium. I mean a stadium proposal can be shot down only so many times......
  20. Oh I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said after the 18th inning, because after tonight it'll only be 17.1 IP. Now his ERA is 3.63.
  21. I wouldn't exactly say 2.12 in 17 IP is sparkling. And after the 18th inning, it's gonna jump quite a bit. And I don't talk bad about very man players on the Marlins, but these two are brutal. You don't see me bad mouthing Lowell or Leiter do you? Those guys are proven quality players. Bump and Perisho are proven wastes of roster spots.
  22. are absolutely PATHETIC. How these guys collect MLB paychecks is totally beyond my comprehension. It's like every single time they come in, you can almost guarantee that at least 1 run is gonna be surrendered. I would wager that those two guys together couldn't be traded for a shower curtain.
  23. Thanks man, I apologize for not seeing the sub-forum before posting this. Waste of space. :banghead
  24. Sorry for this post as I'm sure people have brought it up, but I'm a big Marlins fan living in Illinois and it's harder for me to keep up to date on this. Do you think we'll get the new stadium in Florida, or will the team probably end up moving? I know they're draggin a$$ big time down there, so hopefully the team will be able to stay the Marlins. The Marlins have been really the only favorite MLB team I've ever had so it would be a tough change!
  25. mva5580 replied to Ramp's topic in Miami Marlins
    "You're such a homer. " What are you talking about? I'm a Marlins fan, not a Cubs fan.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.