Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leiter

Featured Replies

Yeah he's really earning that salary........question is do we replace him with Valdez in the rotation when he's healthy? Because Leiter has been absolutely awful. Good guy or not, we need someone that can do better than him.

 

Maybe if the Astros are out of contention at the trade deadline, we could get Clemens.......yeah I know I'm dreaming. But maybe we could give them Moehler if we continues to perform well, Conine, and a top pitching prospect. Again, I know, dreaming.

  • Author

Yeah he's really earning that salary........question is do we replace him with Valdez in the rotation when he's healthy? Because Leiter has been absolutely awful. Good guy or not, we need someone that can do better than him.

 

Maybe if the Astros are out of contention at the trade deadline, we could get Clemens.......yeah I know I'm dreaming. But maybe we could give them Moehler if we continues to perform well, Conine, and a top pitching prospect. Again, I know, dreaming.

783411[/snapback]

 

the only way the marlins get clemens is if the astros RELEASE him and pay for all of his salary.. again, you're dreaming.

i dont know what the hell is wrong with Leiter's cutter. He isnt as dominate with it inside as other times, i think his speed on it has decrease, plus he is struggling throwing strikes.

I agree, I'd say he's just about finished. I mean his pitches look like absolute MEAT.

  • Author

the funny part was was that the analyst bsides boog said that he's trying to nibble. lol hah i think al leiter would be orgasmic if he could throw a strike down the middle of the plate

Yeah he's really earning that salary........question is do we replace him with Valdez in the rotation when he's healthy? Because Leiter has been absolutely awful. Good guy or not, we need someone that can do better than him.

 

Maybe if the Astros are out of contention at the trade deadline, we could get Clemens.......yeah I know I'm dreaming. But maybe we could give them Moehler if we continues to perform well, Conine, and a top pitching prospect. Again, I know, dreaming.

783411[/snapback]

 

 

:lol :lol :lol

 

The Astros aren't retarded.

It's heartbreaking to see Al Leiter struggle cause of the history with the guy and what a great human being he is, but the marlins need to reevaluate him.

So far today he hasn't been pitching good, but he hasn't been hurt, atleast yet.

 

He's really needs to start throwing more first pitch strikes and get ahead in the count.

 

And he needs to stop allowing so many base runners! Seriously.

 

The Marlins giving him the lead quickly with 2 runs in the first helped him pitch also....

So far today he hasn't been pitching good, but he hasn't been hurt, atleast yet.

 

He's really needs to start throwing more first pitch strikes and get ahead in the count.

 

And he needs to stop allowing so many base runners! Seriously.

 

The Marlins giving him the lead quickly with 2 runs in the first helped him pitch also....

783446[/snapback]

I really think he has lost most of his ability to control where the ball goes. He looks out of control on the mound this year.

I need to eat a handful of Tums when I watch Leiter pitch. It's not fun at all.

its getting old, I think everyone just expects a bad outing every time he is out there. Jack patience is wearing out, I was surprised at how quickly he was pulled out of the game tonight

for real, i've always been a big leiter fan and want to give him a chance but two months in, he's been awful. i just looked up some of his stats: 2 quality starts the whole year, guys are batting .308 off him and that's before tonight... seriously, what is wrong with him? we don't need him to be dominant, just so-so, but this is unacceptable. i'm not sure what the right move is at this point, but it feels like we're practically conceding the game by starting him at this point (even his last win was 5IP, 4R!).

Lets trade him and someone else for Scott Kazmir..

784080[/snapback]

Good luck with that.

Yeah he's really earning that salary........question is do we replace him with Valdez in the rotation when he's healthy? Because Leiter has been absolutely awful. Good guy or not, we need someone that can do better than him.

 

Maybe if the Astros are out of contention at the trade deadline, we could get Clemens.......yeah I know I'm dreaming. But maybe we could give them Moehler if we continues to perform well, Conine, and a top pitching prospect. Again, I know, dreaming.

783411[/snapback]

 

Clemens is my favorite player of all time, but I won't hold my breath. If he was willing to come to FL (which I don't think he would be), he was willing to wave that extra 3 million when traded (which I don't think he would be) AND if the Stros are willing to trade him (which I don't think they would be), then maybe we could ship them Leiter, Dillion, Stokes and one of our lower pitching prospects for Clemens and some money to cover some of his salary.

 

I'd love for it to happen, but I think I may win lotto before it does. :(

  • Author

its getting old, I think everyone just expects a bad outing every time he is out there. Jack patience is wearing out, I was surprised at how quickly he was pulled out of the game tonight

784053[/snapback]

 

thats exactly what i was thinking, i said to my dad, jacks getting tired of this

  • Author

looking great once again :thumbup

783405[/snapback]

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...showtopic=43478

784181[/snapback]

figures it comes from you

 

al leiters era is almost 7.

 

it doesn't matter that we've won 6/7. scoring 5 runs with our team there should be no reason why we didn't win. i could do a lot more things with 8 million dollars than waste it on al leiter.

 

now on the other hand, would you figure would u pay that much money on al leiter to teach the other pitchers such as beckett and burnett and dontrelle.. of course, but i think as for his pitching days its ntime to hang up the cleats

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.