Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SHUfishfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SHUfishfan

  1. Throw in Trot Nixon and cash.
  2. From what it looks like AJ is gone after this year why not get something for him if u can find a deal that can get you someone that can help this team and will stay here more than one year than i think we should...Trot Nixon would look very nice in teal i must say.
  3. you can't really say much until you know who else in in that deal.
  4. I never like when a player makes comments trough the media because how can that not effect the guys around him. As far as i'm concerned get rid of him this team won a World Series with great chemsitry and you can't have that when people are running their mouthes behind the scene
  5. My bad, 4 hours of studying for my statistics final really didn't do much for my eyes. But this is a man that at one time was considered to be a major five tool player every year we keep sayin he's gonna have a breakout year but it just never happens.
  6. Please anyone but Juan, This guy has had 8 season in the big and he's nothing but a medicore outfielder he averages 14 homeruns and 58 RBIs and he's a career .265 hitter, this is a guy that was supposed to be a 30-30 player and he's never even had a 20 homerun season. I think we'll be lucky to get a bucket of sunflower seeds. Bautista is a good solid player but i'd love to see Gibbons here.
  7. It's nice to see our players getting some respect from the national media
  8. I hate the fact that prices go up but it's still cheaper than then most teams. My roommate is a Yanks fan and he breaks the bank every time he goes to a game.
  9. Sad to see him go, but if we can save 700,000 by having Treanor as the backup, I'm all for it. I will never forget Andy Fox(I think it was him) rounding the bases on a homerun that went out of the park faster than Redmond ran around the bases for an inside the park home run. 619010[/snapback] Classic Marlin moment. I'll miss Red but if we need to save money then I wish him the best of luck.
  10. Unless he costs next to nothing, I say no. I'm not a big fan of trading for the same guy twice. 618991[/snapback] I totally agree, there is just something about taking a guy back that really bothers me, and frankly I didn't like him when he was here the first time.
  11. Anybody But Encarnacion(ABE....quite ironic) 613198[/snapback] Took me a minute there but I got it. I like the guy but really all he will ever be is a decent outfielder.
  12. December 18th is a Saturday.
  13. Easley is probably my favorite guy ever off that bench, i'm glad to see that he's willing to stay i really think he adds a lot to this team especially off the bench.
  14. By far one of the best things i've seen all day.
  15. I loved Leiter when he was here, he's a great person for the organization to have around. He's still a decent pitcher and he will make a great player/coach because he has such a huge amount of knowledge of the game, I also would love to see him up in the booth in a couple of years.
  16. I realize I'm in the minority here on El Duque but for myself he's about the last guy (of the quality options available to the Marlins for 2005) that I think ought to be seriously considered. This is a team that will never (well until we have a stadium) be "deep" with talent, our team needs to get alot of productivity from its starters and a guy like Hernandez is, again for me, too injury-prone. 617603[/snapback] I kinda agree with you about that but also i don't like Hernandez because if you look at his stats when he didn't play with the yanks they are horrible, some guys just play better with certain teams i guess so i really don't trust him there.
  17. 617544[/snapback][/right] I agree pudge had already made buch of money compare to what pavano has earned to this point, I believe pavano has never made more than four million a year...Is not fair to compare his situation to that of pudge's 617590[/snapback] Pavano is just making it to the prime of his career that's when he's supposed to leave and make as much money as possible. Guys like pudge who's careers have reached their peak and have made the money should look at other things but hey, there choice not ours, all i do is cheer for whoever puts on that uniform for my team and when i see a guy that used to play for us, i tip my cap in thanks for what they did while they were here.
  18. First off, it depends on what they would want in return. If were giving away our future for him i don't think he's worth it. He's 37 years old been banged up the past couple of years, also if his deal is really about 2.5 mill then the padres would be nuts to let him go at this point, for them he is worth the risk, 2.5 isn't a lot for them to pay.
  19. The only thing i liked about Nate Bump was his last name. That bullpen was disgusting and ran like a three legged horse. It was a perfect bullpen for teams that had pitchers that could go eight innings. I mean half those guys are journeymen that have worn out their welcome somewhere else. Alfonseca is an upgrade, not a savior but an upgrade, but i would also love to see this team go better bullpen help and a couple of starters cheap. Rusch and Lima would be great here i think.
  20. As far as i'm concerned, Congradulations Carl you deserve it. I wish you the best of luck except when your playing the marlins.
  21. He would really make a huge impact in our farm system, it would give us more depth and i would really love to see what he can do in the future.
  22. SHUfishfan replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    I really like Lieber and Hernandez coming here. Not only are they good pitchers but they also bring some vetern leadership, but Lima is by far my favorite, I know he gives up a ton of homeruns but you get a soild pitcher that is a former 20 game winner and you also get a great club house guy.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.