Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlinfan98

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlinfan98

  1. Another ridiculous topic. McKeon is managing the same as he did in 2003. Nobody complained then. It's the players that have to produce. . . .I would like to bring in BOLES for an extra set of eyes. He can help out Dunlop. 821888[/snapback] He's worn out his welcome, simple as that. The players needed a tough love approach back in 2003, now they're tired of his constant lineup changes (and after he went back to the opening day lineup, the team still underperformed) and mismanagement of the bullpen, among other things.
  2. Tony Pena. Brings out the best in his players and as close to Guillen as we can get.
  3. marlinfan98 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Do your friends only have to sign up or actually complete the offer and refer 5 friends themselves?
  4. Yeah, I'll be having him either next year or the year after.
  5. :blink: Atlantic has it starting freshman year.
  6. Whoa, this is late, but did anybody else take the AP World History Exam?
  7. Juicy One More Chance Remix Big Poppa Mo Money Mo Problems The What Hypnotize Notorious Thugs Things Done Changed Sky's the Limit Gimme the Loot Warning Ready to Die Going Back to Cali
  8. Probably forgot a few but... Brenda's Got a Baby Runnin (Dyin to Live) ft. Biggie Keep Ya Head Up I Get Around Dear Mama Old School California Love To Live & Die in LA I Ain't Mad at Cha Life Goes On Pain How do You Want It Changes Hail Mary Hit Em Up
  9. You know, for some reason I'm not too bothered by this. I think the Giants have a complete team, and they'll be able to compete without him. Although, I really think Bonds was just talking out of frustration. Every player going through rehab goes through a certain point where they wonder if it's all worth it and if they'll ever feel healthy again. It's perfectly normal. Having said that, Pedro Feliz is due for a breakout year. I say start him in LF and leave him there until Bonds comes back, IF Bonds comes back. I honestly believe a confident and steady Feliz will put up huge numbers. A lineup of Durham, Vizquel, Snow, Alou, Feliz, Alfonzo, Grissom, and Matheny is still damn good... On top of that, our pitching should be phenomenal with Matheny leading them. Time to show the rest of the world that the San Francisco Giants are more than Barry Bonds. They are 25 men, not one. I'm still excited as hell about this season !!! 718044[/snapback] It's a very good team if they can stay healthy (and if Alou puts up similar numbers to last season). However, Alfonzo is a 2nd half player, Matheny is rather average on offense, and Durham, Vizquel, and Grissom are on their last legs. I agree with the fact that the pitching will be solid, and Schmidt should have a career year. However, they seem to be missing that one star or slugger (depending on whether or not Feliz breaks out as you said) who drives pitchers crazy and intimidates them. I think that they can win the division, considering they're in the NL West. I'm not sure if they'd succeed in the playoffs, however. Just my 2 cents...
  10. Biggie Not only did he have the smoothest flow, but unbelievable lyrics. Unlike other rappers, he made up his rhymes on the spot instead of writing them down beforehand. In fact, Juicy may be the greatest (at least one of the greatest) rap songs of all time. However, Pac is a very close second. 718982[/snapback] Unlike Biggie, 2Pac had probably the best rapping voice ever, plus 2 Pac could act, and was 10x more charismatic and controversial out of the recording studio... 718996[/snapback] I agree with the fact that Pac had a great rapping voice, but Biggie had a great voice as well. In terms of controversy, it's hard for anybody to match what Pac did out of the studio. However, you have to remember that he was with Death Row in 1995-96, the most notorious record label arguably of all time, so you knew he was going to get publicity. Biggie got into his share of trouble as well. In terms of acting, BIG actually starred in a New York TV show (can't remember the name), though I can't argue with the fact that Tupac was a great actor. In terms of rapping, BIG was the better pure rapper. And if you want to talk about disses, Brooklyn's Finest, in my mind, is right up there with Hit 'em Up. 719004[/snapback] Hey rapping and battling are too different things, but pretty much its just an opinion, what ever sounds the best to you, thats whos the best, I dont think you can put a label on the best, just your best... So we'll call it a draw Mfan98 719021[/snapback] Agreed, great debate!.
  11. Biggie Not only did he have the smoothest flow, but unbelievable lyrics. Unlike other rappers, he made up his rhymes on the spot instead of writing them down beforehand. In fact, Juicy may be the greatest (at least one of the greatest) rap songs of all time. However, Pac is a very close second. 718982[/snapback] Unlike Biggie, 2Pac had probably the best rapping voice ever, plus 2 Pac could act, and was 10x more charismatic and controversial out of the recording studio... 718996[/snapback] I agree with the fact that Pac had a great rapping voice, but Biggie had a great voice as well. In terms of controversy, it's hard for anybody to match what Pac did out of the studio. However, you have to remember that he was with Death Row in 1995-96, the most notorious record label arguably of all time, so you knew he was going to get publicity. Biggie got into his share of trouble as well. In terms of acting, BIG actually starred in a New York TV show (can't remember the name), though I can't argue with the fact that Tupac was a great actor. In terms of rapping, BIG was the better pure rapper. And if you want to talk about disses, Brooklyn's Finest, in my mind, is right up there with Hit 'em Up.
  12. Gotta go with Cube. His work with NWA, No Vaseline, Amerikaa's Most Wanted, you name it.
  13. Biggie Not only did he have the smoothest flow, but unbelievable lyrics. Unlike other rappers, he made up his rhymes on the spot instead of writing them down beforehand. In fact, Juicy may be the greatest (at least one of the greatest) rap songs of all time. However, Pac is a very close second.
  14. Heard a similar joke a couple years ago concerning the Cubs, but still funny!
  15. I know, and you're right. It is true that I was thinking of all these rappers off the top of my head, and my top 4 would be B.I.G, Pac, Public Enemy, and NWA.
  16. Rap... 1. Notorious B.I.G. 2. Tupac 3. Nas 4. Wu Tang Clan 5. NWA 6. Jay-Z 7. Snoop Dogg 8. Eminem 9. Dr. Dre 10. Public Enemy 695466[/snapback] That's a great list, but if those are rankings, how is B.I.G. 1 and Public Enemy 10? Lyrically Chuck D was far superior, and the Bomb Squad made arguably the best beats ever. If Chuck D would have died, he would in everyone's top 3 mc's. 695493[/snapback] You're right, I was just thinking off all of these rappers off the top of my head. My top 4 would probably be B.I.G, Tupac, Public Enemy, and NWA, with the other 6 in any order.
  17. The one thing I don't like about this...the Pats freed up enough money to go after a big-name free agent.
  18. Yeah, but he'd also be a good mentor to Chambers and Booker (maybe even Boston and McMichael).
  19. Rap... 1. Notorious B.I.G. 2. Tupac 3. Nas 4. Wu Tang Clan 5. NWA 6. Jay-Z 7. Snoop Dogg 8. Eminem 9. Dr. Dre 10. Public Enemy
  20. T.O. and Muhammad...wow. Maybe the Dolphins will go after him.
  21. marlinfan98 replied to Accord's topic in Off-Topic
    Don't get me started on Puff Daddy. Robert Plant called, he wants his song un-destroyed. Didn't help that Page sold out and played with Diddy. 692100[/snapback] :banghead I want to vomit at how many great songs are butchered in this era of no talent. Limp Bizkit molesting Behind Blue Eyes is the worst IMO. If it isnt better than the original, it shouldnt be done. Hendrix made Watchtower better(arguably). 692177[/snapback] Horrible modern remakes/stealing of the beats: Every Breath You Take, The Police (by Puff Daddy) Kashmir, Led Zeppelin (Puff Daddy) Ready or Not, Fugees (Mario Winans w/ Puff Daddy advising) The Message, Grandmaster Flash (Puff Daddy) Behind Blue Eyes, The Who (Limp Bizkit) I Will Always Love You, The Cure (311) And add to the list the frigging horrendous remake of Another Brick in the Wall by Korn. This is by far the worst remake I've ever heard, even worse than Behind Blue Eyes. In fact, the only two good modern remakes are "Turn The Page" by Bob Seagar (redone by Metallica) and "Mad World" (don't know who made it originally or who does it now, but I've heard both and the new version is better, those who have seen Donnie Darko have heard the new one). Guns N Roses' version of "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones is pretty good, but the original is still way better. 694118[/snapback] Puff Daddy also stole the beats to Between the Sheets (Isley Bros.), Mtume (Juicy Fruit), and numerous other artists. The difference is that he had Biggie rapping those songs and making them his own.
  22. marlinfan98 replied to Accord's topic in Off-Topic
    Good point. :thumbup If only Puff Daddy had been a bit more imaginative instead of copying this song...
  23. marlinfan98 replied to Accord's topic in Off-Topic
    Gotcha :thumbup I'll Be Missing You was still a good song though for the time it dominated the charts (I wouldn't say it has died off though).
  24. marlinfan98 replied to Accord's topic in Off-Topic
    Um, no. 692028[/snapback] :plain
  25. marlinfan98 replied to Accord's topic in Off-Topic
    I'll Be Missing You-Puff Daddy & Faith Evans The destruction of 'Every Breath You Take' by The Police :crying 691855[/snapback] Agreed, but I still think that I'll Be Missing You was better than Every Breath You Take.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.