Everything posted by knglover
-
18 June 2005
whose up in the ninth for us?
-
18 June 2005
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
18 June 2005
DOUBLE PLAY!!!!!!!!!! i thought it was overthrown by d train no, only nate Bump does that remember?
-
18 June 2005
*350 LB MEMBER JUMPS OUT OF 2ND STORY WINDOW HOPING TO LAND ON JUAN*
-
18 June 2005
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
18 June 2005
I think the scouting report says jeff doesn't like the ball away
-
18 June 2005
a 10 pitch walk
- 18 June 2005
-
18 June 2005
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DONT HAVE PLAY BY PLAY HE HAS SEEN 7 PITCHES SO FAR
-
18 June 2005
AWESOME AT BAT JEFF!!!!!
-
18 June 2005
WHAT A BUM. I WISH THEY WOULD FIND PINE TAR ON HIS GLOVE. IF HE STRIKES OUT AGAIN HES WALKIN HOME!!!!!
-
this is just sick
THANK GOD THEY STARTED THINKING THE RIGHT WAY! http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/20...e-auction_x.htm Auction house stops sale of parts from Clemente's plane NEW YORK (AP) ? Debris from the plane crash that killed Hall of Famer Roberto Clemente was pulled from a memorabilia auction after his family threatened a lawsuit. Seaford, N.Y.-based Lelands.com announced Friday it was pulling two items ? a light metal piece of the airplane and a gray steel propeller ? from the collection of four dozen Clemente mementos. Clemente died Dec. 31, 1972, when the DC-7 he was on crashed after takeoff from San Juan, Puerto Rico. The plane was headed to Nicaragua with supplies for earthquake victims. Clemente's family two weeks ago said it was considering legal action to stop the auction house from selling the airplane parts. Roberto Clemente Jr. said in a statement then that the family "will not tolerate anyone trying to benefit from my father's passing." Lelands.com plans to return the light metal piece, measuring 19 inches by 14 inches at its largest point, to the collector who consigned the item into the auction. The propeller will be donated to the Puerto Rico Sports Museum. "Just like hundreds of historical items that are on display in museums throughout the world or are sold privately or in auctions every day, these two items are of great historical significance," Lelands.com founder Josh Evans said in a statement Friday. "We believe that they help completely tell the story of Roberto Clemente, his philanthropy and the price he paid to help people in need. We believe that they should be on display to honor his legacy. "On the other hand, the wishes of the Clemente family need to be respected and once we found out that they objected to the sale, we realized that the right thing to do was to remove the items from the auction," Evans said. Other items in the auction, which ends June 24, include a glove Clemente used in a game in the 1960s; an autographed photo of his 3,000th, and final, career hit; an autographed rookie baseball card; and a photograph of Clemente getting a haircut from his hometown barber.
-
posting on mlb.com forums
keep in mind guys, that there have been other marlins names brought up in trade discussions besides the ones above. I mainly posted this because the names of the guys that we were interested in supposedly. I mainly wanted to get peoples take on the direction that the club may be looking in. Obviously stressing the word "MAY".
-
posting on mlb.com forums
obviously take these name with a grain of salt. (please note that I am only relaying what has been posted and not my own opinions or falsehoods) This guy on Mlb.com has thrown some names and the only reason I possibly could belive him is b/c the random nature that he is throwing them in. Marlins players on the block: Aguila Perisho Dillon Encarnacion Crowell Ben Howard Mota Players Marlins are interested in: Lidge Mesa Grabow Brett Myers? (even though he is inner division) Randy Winn Vernon Wells Zito As I said before these are not my word but a conglomeration of about 10 or 12 post on mlb.com's forum. Please don't shoot me I am only the messenger. I figured a new topic with a few new names attached may not be so bad. Something new to discuss and at the very least get some laughs.
- Pick A Fish - Round Two
-
Quick question about Beckett
how in the hell your going to dismantle a team like this knglover? Beckett when healthy can and has proven to be a leader. Its not his fault the blisters come up. This kid gives it all out for us, give him some time! :mischief2 All I am doing is brainstorming. Besides, how much help is he to us now. Did you think about it in the long run. This guy is gonna be coddled now for the rest of the season. I think the ramifications of this injury are going to be alot more wide spread than him missing a few starts. Here is an example: He will be under the microscope for the rest of the season and I will gaurantee that he will not return from this injury pitching as well as he was before. He will hear a voice in the back of his head that says "I need to take a little off of this pitch so I don't get these damned blisters again". All i am saying is that this is starting to become a vicious cycle that all us fans should be sick of seeing. I like Beckett and I think he is an awesome pitcher, But how long can we go through this before we say enough is enough. I, for one, think about the team as a whole and not as a bunch of individuals. I have said before that if the right trade is out there, I am all for it. I dont veiw that as dimantling the team, I view it as only making the team stronger as long as it is a trade in our favor or equally beneficial to both clubs. :plain And further more I asked for politness in the responses, I have never been mean or judgmental about anyones ideas or feelings. I wish some people would follow my lead because when it comes down to it, we all love this team and want to see it win. I have expressed my ideas and I will politely step off my soap box. :whistle
-
Quick question about Beckett
Seriously, what will his value be after he heals from the blisters? I am starting to think the club needs to go in another direction and find a replacement. It getting ridiculous that this "kid" can't finish an entire season without coming down with STUPID injuries like this. I feel like he gets these "BLISTERS" after outtings where he feels he needs to make up for poor showings the previous start. I.E. Overthrowing to prove he isn't a "bust". (when in all actuality he isn't) I am not saying he is a bust but maybe the only way he can help us in the long run is by bringing in other talent. I welcome people to disagree but tell me why and try to be polite because I know me even suggesting that we trade Beckett is gonna fire people up. Just play nice.
-
Florida Marlins Hall of SHAME
charlie hough What were we thinking?
-
did anyone else notice?
ok i watched it again and i still dont see a hand shake but if several of you say that he did, than he did. i am just missing something i guess. Please done construe this as me making something up. because i wouldnt do something like that.
-
did anyone else notice?
I rewound and watched 5 or 6 times. The shot of all the players after the game shaking hands. I saw all the outfielders come in and start shaking hands. when Miguel came to Mota he leaned over and said something and walked right by him instead of shaking his hand. Just wonder if there have been reports of bad blood before this. You can obviously tell he didn't say "good game".
-
Anyone else believe in higher powers?
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11897658.htm Fans have tips for Lowell woes Everybody has advice for Mike Lowell this season -- even fans approaching in restaurants. 'I've heard . . . `Why don't you hit the ball to right field all the time?' or 'Why don't you take until you get two strikes?' . . . If I listened to every suggestion I got this year, I'd be standing on my head. But it's all because they want me to do better. I don't get upset. Trust me -- I feel their pain much more than they do.'' Finally, the Marlins third baseman has shaken free of his slump: He's hitting .364 through 11 games and entered Tuesday at .228. ''If I hit .280 the rest of the year and drive in runs, I'm going to end up .250 and feel good,'' he said this week. In a private moment recently, Lowell spoke candidly about dealing with the worst season-opening stretch of his career. ''There's definitely an embarrassment part of it because I know that's not the player I am,'' he said. He spoke of feeling ''bad for my teammates'' because ``I know they're counting on me and I feel like I [was] letting them down. That's what hurts me.'' What helped Lowell cope -- and ultimately rebound -- is he never became an emotional wreck. ''I've gone through much tougher things in life than a bad two months,'' said Lowell, who survived testicular cancer. ``That has helped me a lot. Baseball is important . . . but it's about fifth place [behind] my kids, my wife and the health of my family. I'll trade another 0 for 3 to have my grandfather for another four months. [He died two weeks ago.] . . . ``It's easy to be the cool guy on the street when you're hitting .320. It makes you a tough mental person when you're not going good and still go about your business the same way.'' Lowell -- who says he's ''picking up the ball much better'' -- appreciates encouragement he received from opponents such as Craig Biggio and Dave Roberts. Also, ''the fans have been great with me. I think they appreciate I don't take at-bats off.'' Even though Lowell was struggling, owner Jeffrey Loria invited him to ``to sit next to him on the floor for [Heat-Pistons Game 7]. That's pretty classy.'' Still confounding has been the drop in power. His three home runs through Monday put him on pace for eight. Lowell, 31, entered 2005 averaging 25 a year during five previous seasons. The future offers no promises. Lowell is owed $18 million over the final two years of his contract (2006-07). That's steep for a money-losing franchise seeking a new stadium. Strange conincidence that he seemed to break out of his slump around the same time as losing his Grandfather. Maybe he has had some divine intervention at the plate or something. It also nice to see that other players on other teams realize that a slump of these epic proportions is horrendous and will offer their condolences.
-
Rollins gets an extension!
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2084012 WTF? 40 million over 5yrs! Thats ridiculous! Does anyone here think he is worht that kinda money? WHY?
-
A Look Ahead
Correct me if I am wrong, with the exception of maybe last year, doesnt this team put together monster 2nd halves.
-
why not either one of these pitchers!
Sorry, I didnt realize Anderson was on the DL. I think he will be a good pitcher in the right situation though.
-
why not either one of these pitchers!
Quote from espn insider: Jun. 10> The Royals are ready to play let's make a deal. According to USA Today, outfielder Terrence Long and pitchers Brian Anderson and Jose Lima are available without surrendering a top prospect If I had a choice I would take Brian Anderson. He seems to have the most upside. And without giving up a top prospect he would replace leiter very well.