Everything posted by knglover
-
Marlin's First Half MVP
what about carlos? Those guys are having great seasons but behind d-lee Delgado is having the best season for a first baseman in the N.L. If I had to pick one guy from the list it would have to be cabs because that guy just straight up brings it every night.
-
AJ and Loria
... A.J. Burnett, a free agent-in-waiting who's been the subject of recent trade rumors, met with Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria on the field during the delay. Team president David Samson said the conversation was about whether Burnett wanted to be flown early to New York, where he's scheduled to face the Mets on Friday. From the ESPN article. 834709[/snapback] Probably so he can work out his extension with the yankees and still feel relaxed enough to pitch one last time for the teal and black 834726[/snapback] Does everything you have to say be a negative about the team? Seriously, dood, stop it. 834748[/snapback] Its only negative depending on which side of the fence your on........... Seriously, I was only was only making a joke and if you took offense then maybe its time to change your rag and go nite nite................... 834754[/snapback] Sarcasm is not appreciated on a night of a win. Just thought I'd let you know that. :thumbup 834755[/snapback] No sarcasm intended and on a personal note you have no clue how positive I am about this team. What gives you the right to judge someone like that. Just b/c we have different viewpoints on AJ doesnt mean I like or dislike the team anymore or less than you. Just b/c I think getting rid of AJ is going to help this team doesnt make me wrong or right. I can only assume that you want us to keep him but that doesnt make you wrong or right. I respect your opinions as much as anyone elses on this forum and I enjoy the freedom of being able to express those opinions and views. Thats the difference between you and me and until you learn to do that, I would appreciate you steppin up off of me. Thank You
-
AJ and Loria
... A.J. Burnett, a free agent-in-waiting who's been the subject of recent trade rumors, met with Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria on the field during the delay. Team president David Samson said the conversation was about whether Burnett wanted to be flown early to New York, where he's scheduled to face the Mets on Friday. From the ESPN article. 834709[/snapback] Probably so he can work out his extension with the yankees and still feel relaxed enough to pitch one last time for the teal and black 834726[/snapback] Does everything you have to say be a negative about the team? Seriously, dood, stop it. 834748[/snapback] Its only negative depending on which side of the fence your on........... Seriously, I was only was only making a joke and if you took offense then maybe its time to change your rag and go nite nite...................
-
Bittersweet: Marlins beat Braves but lose Beckett
as per Rotoworld.com The Marlins said Josh Beckett did not have a blister, but left as a precaution tonight because he was getting tired. The trainer came out while Beckett was warming up, checked the finger and Beckett was immediately removed from the game. Obviously, there's still reason for concern here, and that's not going to change for the rest of the season. Jul. 1 - 12:50 am et http://www.rotoworld.com/
-
AJ and Loria
... A.J. Burnett, a free agent-in-waiting who's been the subject of recent trade rumors, met with Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria on the field during the delay. Team president David Samson said the conversation was about whether Burnett wanted to be flown early to New York, where he's scheduled to face the Mets on Friday. From the ESPN article. 834709[/snapback] Probably so he can work out his extension with the yankees and still feel relaxed enough to pitch one last time for the teal and black
-
LET'S GO
NO MORE "the hitting can't get it done" NO MORE "fire bill robinson" NO MORE questions about Al Leiter NO MORE excuses/explanations for Mike Lowell NO MORE curiosities about trade talks.? WIN GAMES.? This team has what it takes, and we all damn well know it. LET'S GO 834627[/snapback] NO MORE blind faith when numbers arent lying then............................. I am not 100% sure that we have what it takes and anyone who thinks that we do is just plain ignorant. I am a huge fan but how many of you think that we can win a seven game series against the Cardinals? I will say this though, we are one or two moves away from it and if we weren't you would know it by now. Anyway, guys I'm making the trek from DC to No Name Key in about four hours. So keep it peaceful while I am gone and if you have any suggestion as to what is goin on down there let me know in the next few minutes. All i know at this point is that the house i am renting is within walking distance to the No name Pub.
-
Sheffield Rumor
This was posted on ESPN.com not my idea at all but it sounds good to me but it looks like the rockies are getting the worst end of this.................. I have a friend who is a Yankees fan in N.Y. who said he heard this on some radio show. I don't remember what station since I'm not from N.Y. Please don't take it serious since it is only a rumor, but interesting at the same time. I think there were other players involved but these were the one's who stood out. Marlins Get: RF Gary Sheffield P Kevin Brown along pitching prospects Marlins move Cabrera to 3B and bring up Jeremy Hermida, Dillon or Conie to LF. Yankees Get: RF Juan Encarnacion CF Preston Wilson 1B Todd Helton Rockies Get: 1B Jason Giambi 3B Mike Lowell CF Tony Womack What do you guys think? 833462[/snapback] The Rockies would never do that. Giambi is the worst defensive 1B in baseball and Womack sucks. 833464[/snapback] I am sorry i posted this you guys........ this is crap.................there is no way this would happen. Didnt mean to waste your time.
-
Sheffield Rumor
This was posted on ESPN.com not my idea at all but it sounds good to me but it looks like the rockies are getting the worst end of this.................. I have a friend who is a Yankees fan in N.Y. who said he heard this on some radio show. I don't remember what station since I'm not from N.Y. Please don't take it serious since it is only a rumor, but interesting at the same time. I think there were other players involved but these were the one's who stood out. Marlins Get: RF Gary Sheffield P Kevin Brown along pitching prospects Marlins move Cabrera to 3B and bring up Jeremy Hermida, Dillon or Conie to LF. Yankees Get: RF Juan Encarnacion CF Preston Wilson 1B Todd Helton Rockies Get: 1B Jason Giambi 3B Mike Lowell CF Tony Womack What do you guys think? EDIT: THIS IS CRAP...............I DIDNT SEE ANYWHERE THAT FOR THIS TO GO DOWN WE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP AJ. WHO GETS HIM?
-
Sheffield Rumor
this won't happen. Just look at Sheff 's huge salary 833267[/snapback] You should know better than to make a statement like that. its the yankees we are talking about. Stienny payed his hookers more last night than that contract. this is going to cost little or nothing to bring in sheff. Trust me the yanks are that desperate.
-
Sheffield Rumor
knglover, it's still only been one place. ESPN insider is just reposting the Palm Beach Post story. 833266[/snapback] your right, I appologize. I just wanted to show that Espn thought it worthy enough to post as a rumor.
-
Sheffield Rumor
its on ESPN insider now too.................... Sheff to Marlins for Burnett? After making public Wednesday his feelings about the possibility of being traded to the Mets, Gary Sheffield -- who does not have a no-trade clause -- may have to address yet another rumor: He's going to the Florida Marlins. According to The Palm Beach Post, the Yankees and Marlins have talked about a deal that would send Sheffield to the Marlins for RHP A.J. Burnett and OF Juan Encarnacion. Is Sheffield sending a message to all general managers? "If I'm not happy, you don't want me on your team, period," Sheffield told The New York Times. "That's just the way it goes. That's life. I have to deal with what they dish out, they got to deal with what I dish out, period. That's just the way it's going to be." http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors Lorias got his work cut out for him trying to charm sheff's undies off of him but if anyone can its him. Sheff has to realize that the marlins with his bat will be alot better than the yanks. I think any concilatory actions will have to be taken care of the yankees before he will be traded. The reason i say this is that the yanks are desparate enough to get back on track and they know that they have plenty of offense to get them there. Its the defense that has killed them. I think Enc will thrive in NY I have a feeling that this is going to happen............and soon............
-
Sheffield Rumor
Holy crap!!!!!!!! I may be a genius either that or a writer from PB post scans the forums for crap to write. But didn't I say that this was gonna happen yesterday. I don't think a burnett and enc trade for sheff and cash is very fair for us. We need an arm in return. even if he isnt ready this year. P.S. great point made on BBTN last night.............they said that sheff is so ticked b/c the contract he proposed is personal to him b/c he negotiated it himself. They also said that once he is traded and got to another team he would be ok and be just as awesome as ever and be happy while doing it b/c he is such a great competitor. If we get and arm in return i say go for it.
-
Anyone think...................
Thats not what I mean, I meant that if we seem to have the same energy that we did tonite while Dunlop is coaching and we fall back to the norm when Jack comes back it may make the decision easier to make I may have rushed when i said "if dunlop wins", what i should have said is just play with the same high intensity. Because even teams with as much intensity as we showed tonite still lose. I saw something different from everyone tonight...........I sa a little spark of a fire in the teams eye tonite and I would venture to say that i am not the only one who saw there was a difference in the dugout tonite. I knew we were gonna come back tonight and win b/c they grew some cojones. It was a cant lose attitude where they werent going to be denied.
-
Anyone think...................
I posted this in another forum but the crazy counting crows video is scaring people off. Anyone think that Jack may actually be Scatting in his pants...............I mean if Dunlop get these guys to perform and wins every game til Jack gets back, the pressure is sure gonna be on him to perform. This could be the sweetest poison ever for Jack. It may make a decision easier if he comes back and we fall back into the norm for this year. Just my opinion.
-
How bout that Dunlop?
Dunlop deserves big props :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy 832871[/snapback] Anyone think that Jack may actually be Scatting in his pants...............I mean if Dunlop get these guys to perform and wins every game til Jack gets back, the pressure is sure gonna be on him to perform. This could be the sweetest poison ever for Jack. It may make a decision easier if he comes back and we fall back into the norm for this year. Just my opinion.
-
the beginning of our stride?
I got faith that this could be the beginning but I still feel that there is still something huge on the horizon...............
-
DEFINING MOMENT
I am going to say that that game will go down as one of the top 15 greatest games in marlins history..................Maybe I am just biased b/c there hasnt been that great of baseball played by them this season.
-
To All Encarnacion Haters Out There
whatever........it was an awesome hit but doesnt nearly make up for all the scatty arse plays we have seen all year. I hate to be negative on a great nite but he's got a long way to go before he is out of my dog house. If anything, this just raised is trade value a little................Go Juan, Go Juan...........Go as fast as you can............Go Juan, Go Juan............ rack up as many RBIs and HRs as you can................Go Juan, Go Juan.......Mr. Trade Deadline Bait Man!!!!!!! For all of you want to know thats my "I loved the WIN but I still hate you Enc-man" song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Trade Rumor
Sheffield not warm to trade talks Yankees outfielder would want concessions if dealt By Mark Feinsand / MLB.com? BALTIMORE -- Gary Sheffield is the newest name at the center of the early summer trade rumors, but the Yankees' right fielder has a warning for any team interested in dealing for him: Don't bother. Sheffield, who is reportedly being dangled by the Yankees in a deal with the Mets that would land Mike Cameron in the Bronx, said that if he is traded, his new team better be prepared to extend his contract and give him more money -- and whatever else he can think of to make it pay for taking the pinstripes off his uniform. "It was my first choice to come here," Sheffield said. "I made a lot of concessions to come here, and I'll make it very clear. If I have to go somewhere else, a lot of things are going to have to be changed or you're going to have an unhappy player. "I'll ask for everything. Period. You want to inconvenience me, I'm going to inconvenience every situation there is," he added. "The only reason I'm playing is that I wanted to play for the Yankees. If I don't get that opportunity, things change." Both the New York Post and The Record of Hackensack, N.J., reported Wednesday that the two New York teams were in discussions to swap outfielders. The Yankees have been looking for a defensive upgrade in center field, while the Mets have been searching for a big bat to put in the meat of their lineup. Sheffield is one of the few Yankees stars without a no-trade clause in his contract, joining Jorge Posada, Hideki Matsui and Tom Gordon. He signed a three-year, $39 million contract in December 2003, negotiating the deal with George Steinbrenner himself. He deferred $4.5 million per year -- interest-free -- in each of the years on his contract, a concession he feels most All-Star players wouldn't make in this era. "I understand the whole situation," he said, referring to his lack of a no-trade. "It's just that the fact that I made concessions to come here, that's what this is about. It's personal to me, whether it's talk or it's for real. I don't care. "I allowed them to defer money that no player has ever done, to try to prove to people that it isn't about the money," he added. "How many people that are my caliber as a player would have done what I did? There are players on this team making the kind of money they're making and they didn't defer anything. I look at the whole scenario. I sacrificed, and now you're putting me in an uncompromising position, we're both going to be uncomfortable." Sheffield heard about the trade rumor through his attorney, Rufus Williams, who had read the reports in Wednesday's papers. "I don't put nothing past anything, but I live day-to-day. I never worry about what tomorrow's going to bring or what rumors are being spread," Sheffield said. "It's always an honor to be wanted. To be still going as long as I have and to have people still want you, I feel good about that." Although the Mets would be the one team in baseball that Sheffield could go play for without having to relocate his family, that fact didn't make the idea any more appealing to the 36-year-old. "It doesn't matter who it is. If I didn't choose to go there, things are going to have to be changed about my whole situation," Sheffield said. "Contract, years, everything. Other than that, you might as well not bother trading for me, because you're going to have a very unhappy player." That said, he did say that he wouldn't hold out if he were to be traded. "I would never sit out," Sheffield said. "I'd go play, but that doesn't mean I'll be happy playing. If I'm not happy, you don't want me on your team. It's that simple. I'll make that known to anybody." Sheffield admitted that his rant on Wednesday was designed in part to dissuade teams from pursuing him in a trade, though his words appeared to be sincere. "I hope it will. That's my plan, that's why I'm saying it," Sheffield said. "I don't want them to come ask about me. Don't ask about me. I'm not interested in driving to any other stadium." http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb nevermind.....................What a prick!!!!!
-
Trade Rumor
which trade idea did you suggest to boog? dang I wish Iwasnt at work and could of heard 830942[/snapback] someone else called and asked if a burnett and enc trade for sheff was a good idea and he said he would jump on it in a sec. It wasnt exactly what we are saying but really close.
-
Trade Rumor
Boog just said it was a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Anyone listening to Boog!?!?!
yesterday he didnt want to hear anything about a change in mgmt. or players and he was ripping anyone who was suggesting it. Today he is starting to shift his position a little and ripping people that want to just stand pat. Thank you to whomever put the 790 website on here i listen online everyday now and its really funny to hear what peeps from S. Fla. are saying.
-
Trade Rumor
I will post in this forum in case anyone missed it but this is the scenario that is taking place....................... There is no doubt in my mind that the Marlins contacted the Orioles last week with little or no intention of trading him to them. I say this for several reasons. 1. The orioles were interested in AJ before the season started, so the F.O. knew that they could generate the same interest now especially now that the O's have started slipping. 2. They knew that the Oriole would give them a decent proposal in return. 3. It's miraculous that we hear about them making this call last week to the Orioles in Yesterday's media. ONE DAY AFTER AN AWESOME START. Keep in mind that that had to have been a calculated gamble. If AJ would have gotten rocked by the D-rays none of this would have come out. However it was against the D-rays though. So taking all of this into consideration, heres my timeline of events. I feel that the Marlins contacted the Orioles b/c they knew that the O's would still be somewhat interested. The O's gave a decent trade proposal and AJ went out and owned the D-rays. This did nothing but drive his value up even more. Yesterday, the public, every Gm and F.O. in the league heard of the news of Burnett being on the market. It was probably printed right next to the "Burnett pitches two hit shut out" headline. This imediatly opens every contending teams eyes and Scouting report on what their proposal would be to get AJ. In the meantime, our F.O. claimed that the deal is on hold b/c "Aj had a great outting and still might be able to help us". When anyone can see that we are trying to get other teams(Redsox or Yankees) to overpay to get a legitimate ace and also get other teams to try and keep him off the orioles. I do believe this is genius by our front office and anyone who doesnt think that this couldnt happen needs to take business ethics and Marketing classes. Brace yourselves ladies and gents., Aj is as good as gone but I am willing to bet it wont be to the Orioles. Anyone agree or at least think this could all be possible. p.s. Anyone find it at all odd that only teams from the A.L. east are involved in this entire situation. I think that a deal has been made that is real close to this j.p. A.j. enc. maybe a prospect like reed for sheff. gordon. wang......but dont be suprised if it is one of there current starters like wright. Dont worry the Yanks have enough money to pay both contracts. Look at how much of Hamptons we picked up. Lots of cash!!!! I truly think that the yankees meeting in Tampa may have been to discuss this trade and now they may be dealing with a contract extension for A.J. and J.p. even though it isnt necessary for J.p. I have said it before and will say it again. I have the feeling that there is something huge on the horizon and this deal makes perfect sense for two struggling and majorly underacheiving clubs.
-
Trade Rumor
Thats what i said yesterday
-
Trade Rumor
I am all for the Jp and Burnett and prospect for Sheff and gordon but i think we need to throw in Enc. and see if we can get a starter but who? :shrugs It is imperative that we get someone who can at least eat some inning in the place of burnett. Maybe it would open up trade possibilities with other teams but who? Any suggestions?