Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

knglover

VIP
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by knglover

  1. A city cop was on his horse waiting to cross the street when a little girl on her new shiny bike stopped beside him. "Nice bike," the cop said "did Santa bring it to you?" "Yep," the little girl said, "he sure did!" The cop looked the bike over and handed the girl a $5 ticket for a safety violation.The cop said, "Next year tell Santa to put a reflector light on the back of it." The young girl looked up at the cop and said, "Nice horse you got there sir, did Santa bring it to you?" "Yes, he sure did," chuckled the cop. The little girl looked up at the cop and said, "Next year tell Santa the dick goes underneath the horse, not on top."
  2. C. Ramon Hernandez-leave-METS Mike Piazza-Leave-Yankees 1B. Kevin Millar-Leave-White Sox Paul Konerko-leave-red sox 2B. Miguel Cairo-leave-marlins (going out on a limb) Mark Grudzielanik-Stay 3B. Bill Mueller-Stay Joe Randa-Stay SS. Rafael Furcal-leave-cubs Nomar Garciaparra-leave-pirates LF. Hideki Matsui-stay Reggie Sanders-stay CF. Johnny Damon-leave-yankees Jacque Jones-leave-marlins RF. Brian Giles-leave-cardinals Matt Lawton-leave-twins RHSP. A.J. Burnett-LEAVE!!!!!!-Blue Jays Roger Clemens-stay Kevin Millwood-stay LHSP. Jamie Moyer-leave-yankees Kenny Rogers-leave-astros Jarrod Washburn-leave-phillies RHRP. Kyle Farnsworth-stay Tom Gordon-leave-marlins LHRP. Scott Eyre-stay B.J. Ryan-leave-phillies CL. Trevor Hoffman-stay Billy Wagner-leave-red sox Manager Bobby Cox-stay Ken Macha-leave-pirates GM Brian Cashman-leave- philles Theo Epstein-stay
  3. I love the fact that Guillen said that Reinsdorf didnt know anything about baseball. I will try to find the article but it is really funny.
  4. I am wondering something and maybe someone out there can help. Perhaps also it will allow the people that are in disagreement about Willy and Aguila to think at their discussion from a new angle. Let me pose this scenario and question to you, Gentlemen. We all agree that the Front Office is going to shop Mike Lowell and I think we can all agree that no team is going to take him by himself. We can assume that the add on player will either be Pierre (who I think has more value) and Castillo. With that all being true this is my question. What could we get in return? Obviously both speed men have thier weaknesses and strengths. But I think it would be foolish to think that we wouldnt get something of great value in return. I think that this argument of Willy and aguila could be a waste of time if the team receives a quality outfielder, which is a possibility. NOTE: I didnt pose this question to get into a debate about why we shouldnt trade Pierre or Castillo. I just wanted input as to where we stand with trading two of the most popular Marlins in team history. I feel that Lowell AND pierre OR Castillo wont be back next season and I just wonder what their value is. Please dont bash me for asking this? I think by now eveyone is familiar with my strategy. If not here it is, I would trade Billy the Marlin if it would help us win. In my eyes. No, player is safe as long as it helps us win. Some may think I am a bad fan but I want to win and keeping guys around because we like them isnt going to help very much. Adoration doesnt win the World Series With that question posed, the ball is in you guys court. Let me know what you think?
  5. I agree with you. I like Fredi Gonzalez. On top of what you said, he's a local guy. This is where he would probably prefer to manage. As to the Ron Washington comment you made, I don't know that it's true. Gonzalez counts as a minority. I don't know if you have to interview a Latin guy and also an African American or whether just one of either is enough. Either way, I think he's qualified... we just haven't heard much of him. I agree that he is qualified but I dont think he has a snowballs chance in Hell of being hired. But you never know. He could blow Loria and Beinfest away
  6. How much is the lease going to go up for Wayne to let us use it. Sorry he is by far the biggest prick ever in my book and anything I read about Joe Robbie at this point just pisses me off.
  7. First off, let me say I am sorry for starting another soapbox topic. But I think we all need to look at the big picture here. I think aside from talent and ability as a manager the front office needs to take into consideration the longevity factor. What I mean is at this point in the franchise's history we need a manger that will stay with us for an extended period of time. Granted, extended period of time in MLB these days is arguable. I say we need to look at this next manager and say "This guy is not only got great potential now, but he is gonna be a hell of a coach down the road as well!" We all for the most part loved the job that Jack did overall, but he was nothing more than a stop-gap manager. It was awesome that he won us a World Series but he was only destined to be the Manager for 3 to 4 years max. This franchise needs to have a guy like Bobby cox or Joe Torre or even a guy like Gardenhire: Someone that will be around for the long haul. No more Stop Gap Managers! Obviously the reason those three coaches are still around is because they are extremely succesful and that is why we place our faith in the front office to find a guy with comparable talent and potential for success. With that said there are only two guys in my opinion who fill these characteristics. The first being joe Girardi and the second being Fredi Gonzalez. My appologies to Macha and Pinella but I just dont think that they will be still managing in 10 to 15 years so naturally they are disqualified in my book. Remember I am going for longevity because girardi, macha, gonzalez, and pinella are all very qualified for the job in my opinion. I really like the younger guys alot and I would welcome either one as the next manager if they BOTH had ties to the florida Marlins Franchise. To me, and someone correct me if I am wrong I have yet to see this argument yet. What is stopping Girardi from leaving the Marlins the second Torre is canned or retires. The answer is nothing. Contracts are made to be broken. Girardi has great potential but he has no ties to this Franchise and I think he may view whatever job he takes this off season as his warm-up for the skipper position in New york. I just dont think Girardi will be happy until he is on the Yankees bench. But I cant blame him, thats the premeire job in sprots that you cant turn down. So with that said I just feel that Fredi would be the best choice. So much upside and also he is the only guy that I can honestly see being the skipper of this ship for many, many, many years to come. On a side note I feel really bad for this washington guy b/c I get the feeling that he is our token minority that we have to interview to appease MLB. Which is sad because he is really excited and I hope he does get picked up somewhere to manage.
  8. what is his history at the coaching level? I never heard about this guy.
  9. The Marlins on Wednesday began the process to replace manager Jack McKeon, asking the New York Yankees for permission to interview bench coach Joe Girardi. The Yankees granted that permission and Girardi, a longtime favorite of Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, told reporters he would try to met with the Marlins on a Yankees' off day during the post-season. Marlins coverage McKeon resigns It is not clear whether an interview date has been set. The Yankees returned to New York from Anaheim, Calif., after playing the Angels in Game 2 of the American League division series late Wednesday night. They are off today and play Game 3 Friday. Loria has an office in an art gallery he owns in Manhattan. "We'll see what comes of it,'' Girardi told The New York Times. Girardi, 41, is a leading candidate to replace McKeon, who resigned after Sunday's season finale. Girardi interviewed for the Marlins' bench coach job last off-season. Also Monday, the Marlins were contacted by the agent for Ken Macha hours after the Oakland Athletics' manager failed to reach an agreement on a new contract with the team. Macha, 55, told reporters this month in Oakland that the Marlins would be an ideal managing job because the team is competitive. On Wednesday, Macha's agent apparently made contact with the Marlins about their vacancy. Marlins General Manager Admin Beinfest did not immediately return a call. Macha's agent, Alan Nero, could not be reached, but he told the Associated Press that the Marlins are interested. Nero also spoke Wednesday with Pirates General Manager Dave Littlefield about the managerial opening in Pittsburgh, where Macha lives. Meanwhile, Littlefield also interviewed former Los Angeles Dodgers manager Jim Tracy by phone for two hours. This after Littlefield flew to Atlanta and met Monday with Braves coach Fredi Gonzalez, who also is a candidate for the Marlins. Oakland offered Macha a three-year deal with a club option, but Macha wanted a three-year deal without a club option. The option would have allowed the A's to decide whether to keep Macha after three seasons. Macha led the A's to the AL West title in his first year as manager in 2003, the club's fourth straight playoff berth. But Oakland failed to reach the post-season in the past two years despite a 91-win season in 2004 and 88 victories this year. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/conte...aseru_1006.html The Bolded paragraph is, IMO, why Beinfest has gone 180 on the whole waiting until after the world series to interview a replacement for jack. What do you guys think?
  10. I find it interesting that Beinfest didnt keep his word of not interviewing coaches in the playoffs. Leyland going to the Tigers was a wakeup call for him, and rightfully so. If he waits until after the world series, many of the good managers could possibly already be hired by other teams. You beat me to it!
  11. Seeing the first Marlin in history to win his 20th game in person at RFK
  12. I am watching and havent watched since the days of Jimmy "supafly" Snuka
  13. C-Paul LoDuca 1B-Carlos Delgado 2B-Miguel Cairo 3B-Miguel Cabrera SS-Robert Andino RF-Jeremy Hermida CF-Juan Pierre LF-Rondell White BO will be: 1. Pierre 2. Cairo 3. Cabrera 4. Delgado 5. White 6. Lo Duca 7. Hermida 8. Andino 9. Willis This took some real out of the box thinking. We will resign Jones to be the closer for 1 yr 4 mil. and get very decent bullpen help and prospects for lowell and castillo.
  14. Dear AJ, Two years ago you got in my Brand New Lincoln for about 10 - 15 mins during spring training; LOL right outside the fence where people watching can see you chillin with me (but all cool...no one could see what we were doing with my DARK tint windows). A fan watching that game vs Baltimore wondered what were we doing in that car. HaHa that foolish fan didn't notice the smoke that came out when we got out of the car. Hmmm well ok maybe he did, so what. Hope you come visit me next spring when you visit the O's...you know my chit is the best! signed the richest security guard in town You smoked out with AJ? No LOL! I was the confused fan :mischief2 I really thought when I first read this that you smoked out with AJ too. But now when I read again, I definatly see what you are saying. Hahaha that why I am advocate of reading something two or three times before posting. Even doing that sometimes can leave one confused. On a lesser note, I wish he would get busted now for it. That would be awesome! I honestly can't find anything good to say about the guy except I hope you lose every decision from here on out you whiny, piss-ant of a wanna be pitcher pothead. I love my life!!!!! :lol :lol :lol
  15. 200

    knglover replied to Lefty's topic in Miami Marlins
    Better get his attitude back in check. :mischief Miggy being Miggy. I'm afraid we might hear that comment more and more. Or if teh Sawx want one day and Miggy wants to: Manny before David before Miguel.. :o Imagine Miguel in Fenway Oh dear GOD!!!!!!!!! I could have done without that image in my head. The only thing worse would be for the team to move. But then again, I dont think one would happen without the other. Oh god.............I need to go look at midget porn to get these images out of my head .....................oooommmmmppppppaaaaaaa lllllllllllllllloooooooommmmmmppppppaaaaa doopity dooo..........................................................
  16. I was going to post this in the "AJ wants to leave" forum but I like this idea better. Whether you like the guy or hate him write him a paragraph or two to let him know just how you feel about him coming out and say what we all knew for the longest time. I'll go first. Dear AJ, GOOD RIDANCE TO THE BIGGEST CANCER ANY MARLINS BASEBALL TEAM HAS EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In all honesty, I was thinking about this tonight, what have you ever done for the community other than bash it? Granted when you are on you are ON, BUT if we have to endure 6 horrendous starts in between each gem, thats being a mediocre pitcher at BEST. The only more sad thing is that you are a poor teamate and just an all around unhealthy person to be in a club house with I would imagine. AJ, I dont wish injury on anybody, and I think anyone who does shouldnt be allowed to watch the sport, but I really hope you have the same problem where ever you go so that in five years down the road when no other team wants anything to do with you, you look in the mirror and realize that maybe.....just maybe, you had it better than you thought down here. I would have a drink to your honor and memory but you know what? You have no honor to drink to because you stab your teamates in the back with a week to go in the season and you sure as hell leave no lasting memories that I want to remember. Hell even your NO NO was crap with nine walks. Yeah I said it!!!! It is by far the worst no-hitter in league history and if you brag about it to your new teamates next year I hope they laugh in you face and punch you in the mouth. Mr. Steinbrener, I have one thing to say to you or any other GM planning on going after Mr. Clubhouse Cancer: "BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!" In closing I have one last thing to say.........................MOVE OVER RAMON CASTRO YOU ARE NO LONGER MY LEAST FAVORITE MARLIN!!!!!!!!! hoping to see you in the future getting shelled, Andrew "Knglover" Lovelace
  17. ROOTING FOR THE MARLINS TO ROOTING AGAINST THE PHILLIES AND THE YANKEES
  18. HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A WOMAN: ? Take off clothing and place it in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks. Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas. Look at your womanly physique in the mirror - make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts, etc. Get in the shower. Use face cloth, arm cloth, leg cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone. Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins. Wash your hair again to make sure it's clean. Condition your hair with grapefruit mint conditioner enhanced. Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red. Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash. Rinse conditioner off hair. Shave armpits and legs. Turn off shower. Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower. Spray mold spots with Tilex. Get out of shower. Dry with towel the size of a small country. Wrap hair in super absorbent towel. Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas. HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A MAN: Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile. Walk naked to the bathroom. If you see wife along the way, shake wiener at her making the woo-woo sound. Look at your manly physique in the mirror. Admire the size of your wiener and scratch your ass. Get in the shower. Wash your face. Wash your armpits. Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off. Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower. Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area. Wash your butt, leaving those coarse butt hairs stuck on the soap. Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk. Pee. Rinse off and get out of shower. Partially dry off. Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time. Admire wiener size in mirror again. Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on. Return to bedroom with towel around waist. If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake wiener at her and make the woo-woo sound again. Throw wet towel on bed.
  19. 704

    knglover replied to MVPosey's topic in Sports
    I was at RFK last night and I have to say that that HR was by far the longest one I have seen in a long time. It hadnt even reach its peak until it hit the seats. I will post pics of tonights game if you guys would like.
  20. Ok, I will be the first to put it down. 67% ....................I am married and love hetero sex though. Do they factor in a METROSEXUAL variable when doing thier calculations? By first I meant first over 50%
  21. Sean Taylor or Roy Williams or is it a toss up? Let me know Asap as I have only 1 hr before I have to set line up for MNF
  22. I posted touretteguy.com a week ago and no one thought it was that funny. suddenly someone else does it and you guys love it. for those of you the want more go to. http://www.tourettesguy.com/videos.htm
  23. THANK GOD!!!!!! I had an awesome time at that series. If I lived in south FLA I would be there every night.
  24. Last time I am going to try to post them................. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zbtbillybob/...m/ph//my_photos warning some are not so good I went ahead and posted all of the album.
  25. sorry guys, does anyone have any ideas as to how I get the pictures to work. please give detailed instructions if possible. Some of the pics are are pretty cool. Please help me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.