Everything posted by knglover
-
Photoshop Bush
HOF material!!!!! LOL I fell out of my chair!!!!!!
-
LoDuca was almost a D'Back
He is a defensive vet that would help our young pitchers. I like it more than Treanor. i tend to agree but i think at this point I would rather go after torrealba. Could we be hording all these pitching prospects to bring in an awesome catching prospect?
-
This whole thing is a conspiracy
I find it amusing posters on this forum who have NO connection to Florida cant understand why us people who live and die with this team , have gone to numerous games at the stadium withstood the heat and rain delays , watch every game on tv when we cant make it to the stadium , feel stabbed in the back by Loria. Umm, I find it even more amusing that some people have absolutly no idea what they are talking about. I do have a connection to FLA you ignoramous. I just happen to love in DC now. I was at the first Marlins game and several after that, so get a clue and dont even begin to act like you know anything about me!
-
Satellite Radio
I live in VA and have XM. I listen to all the Marlins game on it when I cant watch on my computer. Well worth it, plus I love Opie and Anthony in the morning
-
This whole thing is a conspiracy
Anyone else find interesting that a few years back when MLB was talking about contracting two teams from the league there were three or four teams that were immediatly put on the hotseat. I think it was Minn., Fla., Mon.. and I think the other was either oakland or TB. I find it awfully convienient that Loria buys the Expos, sinks them and they eventually move to Wash. Now it looks like he will succeed in doing that here as well. I am going to go a little further to say that maybe what is going on in S. FLA. could be what is holding up the sale of the Nationals. questions I need help with to strengthen my argument. 1. What is Lorias relationship with Selig and MLB? 2. What are some other similarities in this case as was with the Mont. deal? 3. Can MLB get away with it if I am right?
-
Castillo traded to Twins
Ok I am now even more depressed than I was in 98 Whos with me?
-
What I feel
For some reason I don't have the same feeling that I did during the 98-00 seasons. I just think that we are going to be better than those teams. Then again I dont think we could be any worse, right? Maybe its because we got alot of MLB ready talent in these trades and we are going to see dividends right away. My point is that I am obviously dissappointed that the team has to go in this direction but I am excited at the possibilty that we may come out looking like genius' for it in the long run. If I were Beinfest, which I am glad I am not at this point, I would look at signing Jones to a more than fair offer. Sign some other Bullpen help. Look at trades for Pierre and sign a decent cheap left fielder, then call it a successful offseason. What does everyone else think?
-
Yahoo Fantasy Leagues
Same problem here. One of my leagues is back to normal the other one I am still locked out of. I just got a message that says they are performing server maintenance so they are at least on top of the problem i guess.
-
Mike Lowell Projection for 2006
Lowell will be the worst offensive 3rd baseman in the AL next year. Going to Boston doesn't change that they still test for roids does it? Unbelievable. JUST THROW THE GUY UNDER THE BUS! DING DING...............WE HAVE A WINNER! .........and the winner of the most idiotic comment of the offseason goes to................. FELO "Please dick tell the boy what he has won" "Why, Jim the boy has won an immodium tablet that is taken rectally for his extreme case of explosive diarhea of the mouth" What an ignorant slut Please watch what you say about one of the most classiest guys in MLB who happens to still bleed teal in my book. p.s. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty
-
Latest Gathright & Hall rumors...
Pass What about johnson for both? It then allows us to sit back and pick and choose which offers we want to entertain for Pauly and Pierre. Just a thought?
-
OH MY GOD WHAT AN AMAZiNG GAME
Just think, two years that game would have been a tie and been a horrible game. That just goes to show how much more awesome the new NHL is. Yup, and to think there are actually some purists out there who hate the shootout and would rather have games end in ties. I watched the whole game last night but for some reason Comcast didn't make a big deal over this goal at all. Now that I watched it again, What an awesome goal. One of the best I have ever seen. GO CAPS!!!!
-
Trades may bring special players - they have before
I don't know why he had to put that lame duck statement in there...The article was fine up until then. I wouldn't be 100%offended by this comment. Being a "Lame Duck" doesn't necessarily mean that we will suck. It just means that we will have a few seasons that maybe we will be a contending team but just fall short. I live in DC, so I dont read nearly as many article about the fish as some of you do but I know when a writer tries to write an encouraging article and this is most assuradly one here. Dont let one questionable statement, at-best, ruin the "meat and potatos" of the entire article.
-
This is a great deal
Everyone repeat after me: "Small sample size!" This kid was 25 years old and he couldn't make AAA. That's all you need to know. Ok in all honesty lets give you 100 AB's. Don t you think one would geta pretty good idea that you probably werent MLB material in 100 or less AB's. Think about it? I think 100 AB's is a decent sample size if you were to ask me. On some teams 100 ABs is like 20% of the season. I think I have a good idea that the kid has talent and if you want to bash every trade without looking at in as much of an optomistic view as you can, then you should just stop analyzing them all together. I for one think the kid will be good and I intend on supporting him as much in his early years as his veteran years. Bottom line is we got a talented young player for a guy that we all loved but just realistically bit off more than we could chew when we signed him.
-
This is a great deal
we save cash which is great and what we wanted and take a look at this: DATE GAME AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS HBP OBP SLG AVG AUG 21 WSH 1 1 1 0 0 1 3 4 0 0 0 0 0 1.000 4.000 1.000 AUG 22 @ARI 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .200 .800 .200 AUG 23 @ARI 3 2 2 0 0 1 2 5 2 1 0 0 0 .500 1.125 .375 AUG 24 @ARI 5 5 4 1 0 2 4 11 1 0 0 0 0 .625 1.538 .538 AUG 25 @ARI 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 .600 1.313 .500 AUG 26 @SF 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 .500 1.050 .400 AUG 27 @SF 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 .464 .913 .348 AUG 30 PHI 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 .438 .808 .308 AUG 31 PHI 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 .429 .793 .310 August Total: 29 8 9 2 0 4 9 23 6 5 0 0 0 .429 .793 .310 DATE GAME AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS HBP OBP SLG AVG SEP 01 PHI 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 .395 .719 .281 SEP 09 @STL 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 .381 .667 .278 SEP 10 @STL 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 .391 .641 .282 SEP 11 @STL 5 1 2 2 0 0 1 4 0 2 0 0 0 .392 .659 .295 SEP 13 WSH 2 1 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 .396 .674 .304 SEP 14 WSH 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 .375 .633 .286 SEP 15 WSH 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 .386 .640 .300 SEP 16 ATL 3 1 1 0 0 1 2 4 0 0 0 0 0 .383 .679 .302 SEP 17 ATL 4 1 1 0 0 1 1 4 0 1 0 0 0 .375 .702 .298 SEP 18 ATL 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 .368 .667 .283 SEP 20 FLA 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 .370 .641 .281 SEP 21 FLA 4 0 1 1 0 0 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 .364 .632 .279 SEP 23 @WSH 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 .358 .611 .278 SEP 25 @WSH 4 1 1 0 0 1 1 4 0 0 0 0 0 .353 .632 .276 SEP 26 @PHI 3 1 1 0 0 1 3 4 0 1 0 0 0 .348 .658 .278 SEP 27 @PHI 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 .344 .639 .277 SEP 28 @PHI 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 .340 .616 .267 SEP 29 COL 4 2 3 0 0 1 2 6 1 0 0 0 0 .363 .656 .289 SEP 30 COL 4 1 2 0 0 1 1 5 0 0 0 0 0 .368 .681 .298 OCT 01 COL 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .361 .667 .292 OCT 02 COL 4 1 3 1 0 1 1 7 0 0 0 0 0 .375 .710 .310 Sept/Oct Total: 71 11 22 5 0 7 14 48 4 17 0 0 1 .351 .676 .310 notice that the kid failed to get a hit in only five games in sept./oct. I saw him play in DC in Sept. and I remember thinking how impressive he looked at the plate. I just think that there are too many people out there who are quick to judge this kid. I really think that even if Petit is a mediocre pitcher at best we got a helluva deal. Jacobs is going to be a star. Something else I would like to address is the relocation issue. I highly doubt that MLB will allow baseball to leave S. FLA. There is a market down there and MLB knows it. I just think that the right marketing professional hasnt come along to tap into the community yet. I just see this firesale as an attempt to get the attention of the right people. I see Loria selling the team before he moves it. let me know what you think on both ideas?
-
PB Post: Beckett & Lowell about to be traded
what are the chances that the front office is trading beckett so they dont have to trade delgado. If this were the case, I wouldnt be as opposed to bringing blalock in and parting ways with beckett. Can Hank play any other positions than 1st and 3rd? how about OF? I get the feeling that the team is drawing their proverbial "line in the sand" and choosing thier ace of the future in Willis with this decision. Lets face it, the team has zero percent chance of signing both D-train and Beckett to long term deals the way they are headed. You choose which guy you would rather have on your team. In all honesty, it would be sad to see beckett go but I would rather give the Money to Willis. It is a bitter sweet proposition but I think this possibly could be the only answer. I mean the team could keep both guys and lose both of them eventually. Or trade one and keep the other for a long long time. This team just can not afford two bonifide aces. I think after Beckett is gone it will be said that his injury riddled past made this an easy decision between the two.
-
Shows that should be cancelled
the war at home is awesome to me because I have always pictured myself as that type of dad with my kids. Best scene of all the shows is when he thinks his kid is gay rappaport says in his little siliquoy(sp) "Hmmm? How would my father have handled this? Oh, yeah!" and he raises a glass of alchohol. that was an awesome episode and I have been hooked ever since. BY FAR one of the funniest shows on tv today. as far as should be canceled? here is my list not in any particular order: American Dad the George Lopez show freddie invasion just about any drama on CBS not named Survivor P.S. Whoever said Lost should be hit repeatedly in the head with a Louisville freakin slugger Lefty was kidding, that is his favorite show. I know but I am sure some retard on here will say it though just to stir S$*T up!
-
Shows that should be cancelled
the war at home is awesome to me because I have always pictured myself as that type of dad with my kids. Best scene of all the shows is when he thinks his kid is gay rappaport says in his little siliquoy(sp) "Hmmm? How would my father have handled this? Oh, yeah!" and he raises a glass of alchohol. that was an awesome episode and I have been hooked ever since. BY FAR one of the funniest shows on tv today. as far as should be canceled? here is my list not in any particular order: American Dad the George Lopez show freddie invasion just about any drama on CBS not named Survivor P.S. Whoever said Lost should be hit repeatedly in the head with a Louisville freakin slugger
-
With 27% in
I am just thankful that I don't have to move to N.C. or Maryland today. I would be ashamed to live in VA if Kilgore had won!!!!
-
Just saw this..............
Nov 8 - The word is that Sanders is attracting a "boatload" of interest this winter, an American League general manager told ESPN.com Insider Jerry Crasnick. After signing five one-year deals with different NL clubs from 1999-2003, Sanders should have enough leverage to command a second straight multi-year contract. The Cardinals, Twins, Marlins, Royals and Mariners are among the teams thought to be interested in Sanders. Sanders was on track to hit 30 homers and steal 30 bases before he suffered a hairline fracture of his right leg shortly after the All-Star break. He still finished with 21 homers in 295 at-bats, and hit .333 with 10 RBI in 12 at-bats against San Diego in the NL Division Series. Sanders, who turns 38 in December, needs eight homers and three stolen bases to join Willie Mays, Andre Dawson and Bobby and Barry Bonds as the fifth player in history with 300 of each. I will link it but it is espn insider. http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/ru...?CMP=ILC-INHEAD
-
Dick to replace Johnson vs Cocks says Nutt
Dick to replace Johnson vs Cocks says Nutt FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Casey Dick, a freshman quarterback who's seen no action in Razorback games this year because he's been redshirted, will start for Arkansas against South Carolina on Saturday, coach Houston Nutt said The red shirt is coming off, Nutt said Sunday, because Dick has impressed his coaches with his passing in practices and has shown the skills to move the offense. Robert Johnson started the first seven games for Arkansas this season. Nutt said he would take the blame for Johnson's struggles as signal-caller as the Razorbacks went 0-4 in the first half of their Southeastern Conference season, 2-5 overall. Here Best title ever but I added Nutt Or did you possibly take the title from here
-
Returning Marlins . . .
Everyone on this board is so f***ing sensitive. f***ing buch of babies. I dont think its a matter of us being babies. I think its a matter of us trying to keep it real and actually thinking about our thoughts before we have diareaha of the mind and fingertips. If you cant respect the differing opinions and a little criticism now and then, my friend, you are in the wrong place. Try the ESPN boards they can be quite comical.
-
If Astros win WS
In all honesty, I thought I read somewhere that he wants the chance to play on the same team as his son and he wasnt going to retire in the offseason for the chance to get that wish. I may be wrong, please correct me if I am. either way i think he will be back
-
Accountant joke
An accountant gets home late one night and his wife says; Where in the hell have you been?" He replies, "I was out getting a tattoo". A tattoo?" she frowned. "What kind of tattoo did you get?" I got a hundred dollar bill on my privates", he said proudly. What the hell were you thinking?" she said, shaking her head in disdain. Why on earth would an accountant get a hundred dollar bill tattooed on his privates?" Well, one, I like to watch my money grow, two, once in awhile I like to play with my money, Three, I like how money feels in my hand and lastly, instead of you going out shopping, you can stay right here at home and blow a hundred bucks anytime you want...
-
This has to suck...
Wow! Didn't hear bout this one. Is there confirmation that the baby was black? Boy a country and Western singers worst nightmare. The only thing worse in his line of work would be if the daddy was his daddy!!!! But then again he would probably win an award for best song. Oh wait that sounds like most of the songs they sing already. Sing this song to theme of "On Top Of Ole Smokey" "She stole my heart.........so i let her go..................we had a baby.............Is is mine? Hell no!!!!!!! She stole my truck............now its serious.............I just put on new wipers................she pawned the ford for DIAPERS" Ok in all seriousness............................ hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
-
Pick a Manager.
my fav is Fredi, but I'm OK with Macha, Girardi Fredi or Joe. Best of both worlds with these two. 1. Both are young enough to give the Marlins the continuity they need. 2. Both are going to come from proven winners. 3. Both will come relatively cheap. I dont think the Front Office can go wrong with either one of these guys.