Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Castillo traded to Twins

Featured Replies

The Florida Marlins have traded Luis Castillo to the Minnesota Twins for pitchers Travis Bowyer and Scott Tyler, ESPN's Peter Gammons reported Friday.

 

 

Bowyer could become Florida's closer.

 

Castillo, who hit .301 with with 10 stolen bases, 30 RBI and four home runs in 122 with the 2005 Marlins.

 

He follows Carlos Delgado and Josh Beckett, who have been shipped out in the Marlins' fire sale.

 

The team has received permission from Major League Baseball to begin looking for another home because it has been unable to reach a deal for a new stadium in South Florida.

 

 

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2245065

  • Author

"In exchange for two minor league pitchers."

 

I hate to see Luis go. Of all the Marlins, it seems he has always given his all and played for the good of the team. Beckett whining, Gonzalez loafing, Cabrera being Cabrera, and Castill always giving it his all. This one hurts the most IMO.

Jesus... Are we not allowed to get any hitting prospects? Who the hell plays 2nd for us now?

So who plays second now?

 

Oh, wait, it's ok WE GOT PITCHING!!!!!!! :mad

 

 

I thought the exact same thing... Enough pitching, get some f'n position players

Bowyer had 96 K's in 74 IP in AAA last season.. posting a 2.79 ERA.

In all honesty, I think I'll take a break from the forums for a bit (aside from CBL). This one hurts....a lot

Bowyer had 96 K's in 74 IP in AAA last season.. posting a 2.79 ERA.

How many double plays has he started at second base? :confused

:crying My Favorite Marlin... gone... at least he is going to a good place, the Marlins of the AL. Thanks for the memories Louie.

I'll miss Luis - he's the one guy who I held out hope to be around next year, and the one guy (outside of Delgado or Beckett, of course) who I felt could make the biggest impact on the team.

 

I'm with the rest of the people wondering who plays second. Not sure that Josh Wilson can handle the job (I picture him more as a utility guy) and I'm hoping/expecting a 2B to be acquired via trade or FA.

 

Bowyer got a B- grade from Sickels before the year at minorleagueball.com (though Sickels thought that was overrating him), and Tyler got a C+. Bowyer could be an interesting reliver candidate, IMO, but I wish they would have gotten more for Luis, or at least some hitters.

Gotta love taking the best remaing player on this decimated squad and trading him for a whole lot of nothing.

This reeks of selling off a player just to sell off a player without getting any value in return.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.