Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Castillo traded to Twins

Featured Replies

Does any team have a very good quality 2B prospect we can trade JP for?

 

I'm holding out hope we can land Ronny Cedeno from the Cubs once we trade Pierre.

I'll trade ya this wooden nickel for Cabs and Dontrelle!

:banghead

 

Its all fun and games when your team spends money :(

I'll trade ya this wooden nickel for Cabs and Dontrelle!

 

I'm sure we would take that offer in two years

Can anyone, and I mean anyone, put a remotely positive spin on this? I'm at a loss to understand it in any conceivable way...

 

This is the last time you'll see a Florida Marlins firesale. By the time the kids reach the drinking age they'll be in Nevada.

 

Go Loria! :(

I'll try and put some positive spin on it... Bowyer looks like he is a complete stud.

Hey Marlins fans. You guys got one heck of a young reliver. He was personally my favorite pitcher on the team. He has an unbealavablely fast fast ball and can locate the ball pretty well. If you were to have got a JC Romereo You just get a lefty who throws the ball fast and is very inconsisitant. You got one of the best young pithcers in the majors in my opion

AP - Marlins Cabrera and Willis Traded To Mets For Belly Button Lint

 

 

Good, I really didn't want to give up that wooden nickel.

Mark my words Luis will be a Marlin in 2006.

 

 

 

LOL riiight. Anyone know who we got?

 

 

I just hope Lefty tells me that I will never win the lottery

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-122...la-sports-front

Marlins trade Castillo to Twins for 2 no-name pitchers

 

 

 

By Juan C. Rodriguez

sun-sentinel.com

 

December 2, 2005, 1:55 PM EST

 

 

 

MIAMI -- The Florida Marlins continued their salary purge on Friday, sending three-time Gold Glove winning second baseman Luis Castillo to the Minnesota Twins.

 

In return, the Marlins are getting a pair of pitching prospects, Triple-A fireballer Travis Bowyer and Class A right-hander Scott Tyler. General Manager Admin Beinfest already has notified Castillo about the transaction.

 

"When I saw them trade [Mike] Lowell, [Josh] Beckett, and [Carlos] Delgado, I knew they were going to keep trading," Castillo said. "I hear they'd be trading [Juan] Pierre or [Paul] Lo Duca, or me. I thought they would keep me. Since they have young players they would want a veteran in the infield.

 

"I can't say I'm happy about it. It's a little difficult because I've spent my whole career with the Marlins. I felt like I was at home here."

 

In dealing Castillo, the Marlins are saving at least $5.5 million. A three-time All-Star, Castillo can vest a $5.75 million option for 2007 with 501 plate appearances next season.

 

Castillo departs as the franchise's all-time leader in games played, runs, hits, singles, triples, at-bats, stolen bases, multi-hit games, and sacrifice hits.

some more insite

 

from John Sickels Minorleagueball.com

 

17) Travis Bowyer, RHP

Relief sleeper, saved 23 with 2.78 ERA and 96/40 K/BB in 74 innings at Rochester. Very strong K/IP reflects plus stuff. Still needs to refine his control a bit, but another good option as a middle reliever and possible future closer.

18) Scott Tyler, RHP

Another live arm, would be considered a top prospect in some systems. 3.95 ERA with 109/48 K/BB in 118 innings for Fort Myers. Needs to improve the consistency of his breaking ball, and may be better-suited for relief down the road.

I thought they would keep me. Since they have young players they would want a veteran in the infield.

 

"I can't say I'm happy about it. It's a little difficult because I've spent my whole career with the Marlins. I felt like I was at home here."

 

 

:(

Great, after JP and LoDuca go there will be no veteran presence in the line-up...Girardi is gonna turn into a chaperone for a bunch of kids on a field trip

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-122...la-sports-front

Marlins trade Castillo to Twins for 2 no-name pitchers

 

 

 

By Juan C. Rodriguez

sun-sentinel.com

 

December 2, 2005, 1:55 PM EST

 

 

 

MIAMI -- The Florida Marlins continued their salary purge on Friday, sending three-time Gold Glove winning second baseman Luis Castillo to the Minnesota Twins.

 

In return, the Marlins are getting a pair of pitching prospects, Triple-A fireballer Travis Bowyer and Class A right-hander Scott Tyler. General Manager Admin Beinfest already has notified Castillo about the transaction.

 

"When I saw them trade [Mike] Lowell, [Josh] Beckett, and [Carlos] Delgado, I knew they were going to keep trading," Castillo said. "I hear they'd be trading [Juan] Pierre or [Paul] Lo Duca, or me. I thought they would keep me. Since they have young players they would want a veteran in the infield.

 

"I can't say I'm happy about it. It's a little difficult because I've spent my whole career with the Marlins. I felt like I was at home here."

 

In dealing Castillo, the Marlins are saving at least $5.5 million. A three-time All-Star, Castillo can vest a $5.75 million option for 2007 with 501 plate appearances next season.

 

Castillo departs as the franchise's all-time leader in games played, runs, hits, singles, triples, at-bats, stolen bases, multi-hit games, and sacrifice hits.

 

 

 

We love you Luis. God this one damn hurts!

 

Why cant they just move then trade them or soemthing. This really just sucks. It is like stabbing us with a knife then offering to salt the wounds to make it better

I thought they would keep me. Since they have young players they would want a veteran in the infield.

 

"I can't say I'm happy about it. It's a little difficult because I've spent my whole career with the Marlins. I felt like I was at home here."

 

 

:(

Odd I thought he was quoted as saying he would be unhappy if he wasnt traded? That does suck though. It would be nice to keep a veteran or 2 around to help. Thats why I think it would be stupid to trade Duca

I wonder if we are going to have any type of speed at the top of our lineup and who would it be????

 

Aguila :(

C - ?

1B - Jacobs

2B - ?

SS - Ramirez

3B - Cabrera

LF - Willingham

CF - ?

RF - Hermida

 

SP - Willis

SP - Vargas

SP - Olsen

SP - Johnson

SP - ?

 

CL - Bowyer

SU - Messenger

MR - Resop

MR - Bump

Hey florida Fans can you just tell me something. What did you expect to get back for an aging 2nd basemen who hits 300 but almost nothing else. I think you got 2 very very good young relievers who which bowyer can even be an allstar quality closer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.