Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Castillo traded to Twins

Featured Replies

I guess it's good to hear some of the reviews on Bowyer...

 

... and Nome sure seems to like him.

 

 

But damn Luis has been a Marlin for so long, that just really stings.

 

They may as well not bring Conine back either & just stick the knife in the rest of the way. :(

This is what's happening...the marlins have little fan support as is so they are selling off all the players the real fans care about so now the marlins have NO fans at all so no one will give a sh*t when they move...each trade these days is a white flag to south florida. The ownership has given up. This is the last season the fish will be in south florida, go see them while you can cause there isn't much time left. f*** THIS sh*t! :thumbdown

I guess it's good to hear some of the reviews on Bowyer...

 

... and Nome sure seems to like him.

 

 

But damn Luis has been a Marlin for so long, that just really stings.

 

They may as well not bring Conine back either & just stick the knife in the rest of the way. :(

 

If they're going to do that they may as well just come take a dump in my living room floor and get it over with.

Jesus... Are we not allowed to get any hitting prospects? Who the hell plays 2nd for us now?

 

 

word is they will be auditioning Billy the Marlins and some of the Mermaids to cover 2nd base next season...

Jesus... Are we not allowed to get any hitting prospects? Who the hell plays 2nd for us now?

 

 

word is they will be auditioning Billy the Marlins and some of the Mermaids to cover 2nd base next season...

 

Or heck, we could go find Chris Clapinski again. :mischief2

There was just no need to do this. Absolutley no need. Trade Lo Duca. Trade Pierre. But no Castillo. He just didnt deserve this. He is exactly what this team needed next year. Even if he is on the decline, he was at least a sentimental piece and we need one with the team we are going to have next year.

 

I am now convinced that this is no longer about saving costs but about having no payroll while eating the revenue sharing dollar. Even if this was obvious before, dont rip on me. I really didnt believe Loria could do this. You see why you need a minimum payroll Selig you frikkin jackass!?

Or heck, we could go find Chris Clapinski again. :mischief2

 

:thumbup Bring em all back, where's Bruce Aven and Todd Dunwoody

 

 

I want to vomit with the mention of those names.

Jesus... Are we not allowed to get any hitting prospects? Who the hell plays 2nd for us now?

 

 

word is they will be auditioning Billy the Marlins and some of the Mermaids to cover 2nd base next season...

 

Or heck, we could go find Chris Clapinski again. :mischief2

 

what nursing home is he living in now?

thats the first of 4 of last year's all stars gone. lo duca buddy, you're left. (which is sad because i absolutly LOVE your firey attitude)

As of right now:

1. JP

2. Hanley

3. Cabs

4. Jacobs

5. Hermida

6. LoDuca

7. Willy

8. ?

 

 

Soon to be:

1. ?

2. Hanley

3. Cabs

4. Jacobs

5. Hermida

6. Willy

7. ?

8. ?

Or heck, we could go find Chris Clapinski again. :mischief2

 

:thumbup Bring em all back, where's Bruce Aven and Todd Dunwoody

 

 

I want to vomit with the mention of those names.

 

Don't worry, you will have plenty of opportunities to vomit for the next two years...

Can we fire Beinfest and scouting and player development departments yet? I'm beginning to think their contracts do not meet the level of performance they're providing. I saw this monkey on TV who vaguely understood the theory of supply versus demand.

Can we fire Beinfest and scouting and player development departments yet? I'm beginning to think their contracts do not meet the level of performance they're providing. I saw this monkey on TV who vaguely understood the theory of supply versus demand.

 

 

That's it. No longer a Marlins fan. Can't even get friggen fair value for Castillo. They just seem to have given up on everything they've built up.

 

Thank god for basketball season and games against Temple, Duke, and 'Nova over the next few days. College basketball has supplanted baseball as my favorite sport for good.

I can't believe they couldn't get more value for an All Star gold glove +.300 hitting 2nd baseman.

Awful. It is inconceivable to me that other teams couldn't have offered a better package.

 

 

Who's to say Beinfest even gave them a shot. Winter meetings are, what, a week away? Why not wait.

Can anyone, and I mean anyone, put a remotely positive spin on this? I'm at a loss to understand it in any conceivable way...

 

No. and whoever keeps saying this is not a fire sale should have his head examined.

 

The message is cut to the bone, and we will worry about who plays what later. This is getting ridiculous.

This has been the only trade that has left us with a genuine WTF reaction. Who are these guys? And what makes them worth one of the best leadoff-capable hitters in the game?

I can't believe they couldn't get more value for an All Star gold glove +.300 hitting 2nd baseman.

Awful. It is inconceivable to me that other teams couldn't have offered a better package.

 

 

Yeah, well Beinfest is our GM. He doesn't believe in shopping around. When he does he goes after left-handed Venezuelan relief pitchers.

Keith Olberman just said a Marlin official said Luis Castillo gave up on the season and wasn't injured.

 

That would explain some of his defensive "lapses", but I don't buy it. Although that clubhouse must have been hell.

I can't say I am suprised that Luis was traded, though I damn sure wanted to get better value for the trade if it did happen. What the Marlins did today is a disgrace and it seems they will not be satisfied until they are fielding a minor league team.

Thankfully, I was about to pick up a chicken parm sandwich when I heard the news so I could drown my woes in heart-clogging chloresterol.

 

What is the freaking point of this? Luis is a great value, affordable, a consistent hitter and defender, a fan favorite, and has contributed so much to this orginization even in the dark years. This is the last player they should have traded.

Keith Olberman just said a Marlin official said Luis Castillo gave up on the season and wasn't injured.

 

That would explain some of his defensive "lapses", but I don't buy it. Although that clubhouse must have been hell.

One of the calmest guys in the team, Niner, doesn't even want to come back.

Its hard to play for a front office you despise.

Funny how you guys all loved Loria when we won the World Series.

I still rever the man.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.