Quick question about Beckett

knglover

Seriously, what will his value be after he heals from the blisters?

I am starting to think the club needs to go in another direction and find a replacement.

It getting ridiculous that this "kid" can't finish an entire season without coming down with STUPID injuries like this.

I feel like he gets these "BLISTERS" after outtings where he feels he needs to make up for poor showings the previous start.

I.E. Overthrowing to prove he isn't a "bust". (when in all actuality he isn't)

I am not saying he is a bust but maybe the only way he can help us in the long run is by bringing in other talent.

I welcome people to disagree but tell me why and try to be polite because I know me even suggesting that we trade Beckett is gonna fire people up. Just play nice.

No way we should move Beckett as long as we are in the hunt. Starting pitching is the most valuable commodity in a playoff run, and Beckett has the credentials to be our Ace starter.

Now if this continues we could look at trading him before he becomes a FA.

812320[/snapback]

well said and completly true

No way we should move Beckett as long as we are in the hunt. Starting pitching is the most valuable commodity in a playoff run, and Beckett has the credentials to be our Ace starter.

812320[/snapback]

Agree 100%.

Cant agree with this thinkin anymore....

how in the hell your going to dismantle a team like this knglover? Beckett when healthy can and has proven to be a leader. Its not his fault the blisters come up. This kid gives it all out for us, give him some time!

:mischief2

All I am doing is brainstorming. Besides, how much help is he to us now. Did you think about it in the long run. This guy is gonna be coddled now for the rest of the season. I think the ramifications of this injury are going to be alot more wide spread than him missing a few starts. Here is an example: He will be under the microscope for the rest of the season and I will gaurantee that he will not return from this injury pitching as well as he was before. He will hear a voice in the back of his head that says "I need to take a little off of this pitch so I don't get these damned blisters again". All i am saying is that this is starting to become a vicious cycle that all us fans should be sick of seeing. I like Beckett and I think he is an awesome pitcher, But how long can we go through this before we say enough is enough. I, for one, think about the team as a whole and not as a bunch of individuals. I have said before that if the right trade is out there, I am all for it. I dont veiw that as dimantling the team, I view it as only making the team stronger as long as it is a trade in our favor or equally beneficial to both clubs. :plain

And further more I asked for politness in the responses, I have never been mean or judgmental about anyones ideas or feelings. I wish some people would follow my lead because when it comes down to it, we all love this team and want to see it win.

I have expressed my ideas and I will politely step off my soap box. :whistle

And further more I asked for politness in the responses, I have never been mean or judgmental about anyones ideas or feelings. I wish some people would follow my lead because when it comes down to it, we all love this team and want to see it win.

I have expressed my ideas and I will politely step off my soap box. :whistle

Couldnt agree more, everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if you believe they are wrong you should respond politely. Just because someone is new to the boards does not make their opinion less valid.

:cool

One thing to consider is blister problems typically occur early in a pitcher's career. There is a good chance Josh will "outgrow" this problem in the next year or so. No need to give up on him yet, however, we do need to get another starter as insurance to get us through the season.

One thing to consider is blister problems typically occur early in a pitcher's career. There is a good chance Josh will "outgrow" this problem in the next year or so. No need to give up on him yet, however, we do need to get another starter as insurance to get us through the season.

812716[/snapback]

Thank you.

Couldnt agree more.

812716[/snapback]

Josh has been a pitcher since he was 12, and now he's how old. What defines early in his career? He seems to get blisteritis every year. Maybe if he moved his fingers slightly off the seams a bit that wouldn't happen. He would possibly loose some movement on the ball, but that's better than being on the DL.

I know this must be dumb... Isn't there any kind of prophylactic that could be used on that blistering finger?

All the salary paid, all the super-medics on retainer... no solutions???

Boggles my mind.

813121[/snapback]

Ummm...I'm fairly certain that any sort of covering on one's finger would be against the rules. Too bad...Josh could have cut a marketing deal with Trojan.

:o

I know this must be dumb...? Isn't there any kind of prophylactic that could be used on that blistering finger?

All the salary paid, all the super-medics on retainer...? no solutions???

Boggles my mind.

813121[/snapback]

Ummm...I'm fairly certain that any sort of covering on one's finger would be against the rules. Too bad...Josh could have cut a marketing deal with Trojan.

:o

813124[/snapback]

Get 'er done. 45 Million for Trojan Stadium.