A Look Ahead

PBMarlin

Mon. 13 at Chicago Cubs 8:05 PM ?Willis (10-2, 2.13) Koronka (1-1, 5.73)
Tue. 14 at Chicago Cubs 8:05 PM ?Beckett (7-4, 3.13) Mitre (1-1, 4.88)
Wed. 15 at Chicago Cubs 2:20 PM  Burnett (3-4, 3.09) Maddux (5-3, 4.11) 
Fri. 17 at LA Angels    10:05PM  Moehler (2-4, 2.90) Washburn (3-3, 3.67)
Sat. 18 at LA Angels    3:05 PM  Willis (10-2, 2.13) Lackey (5-2, 3.99)
Sun. 19 at LA Angels    4:05 PM  Beckett (7-4, 3.13) Byrd (5-5, 4.38)

On the upcoming road trip we've got our top guns pitching twice. Leiter will be skipped.

In Chicago we miss all of their top pitchers. In Anaheim we miss Colon.

We should be able to build some momentum in Chicago (sweep) and then take the series in Anaheim. It would be great to see us go 5-1 on this trip, although I'd be pleased with 4-2.

Wow I hadn't seen they we're skipping Leiter. Honestly I would be happy to win each series so 4-2 would be great. I'm glad we miss Wood and Prior in CHI-Town, let's hope Dempster doesn't shove it up the well you know.

807310[/snapback]

They switched Burnett and Leiter this past weekend so Leiter's day would fall on Thursday, an off day.

Wow I hadn't seen they we're skipping Leiter. Honestly I would be happy to win each series so 4-2 would be great. I'm glad we miss Wood and Prior in CHI-Town, let's hope Dempster doesn't shove it up the well you know.

807310[/snapback]

They switched Burnett and Leiter this past weekend so Leiter's day would fall on Thursday, an off day.

807328[/snapback]

Sorry must of had a brainfart as that jogged my memory of their moving Aj's start.

Does anyone else feel like this coming week is make or break for this season?

807333[/snapback]

It'd be a huge boast to have a good week and try to catch the nationals, but the season is isn't lost if the Marlins have a bad week. The Astro's were doing horrible for a while last season and ended up doing well enough at the end to win the wildcard.

We should sweep the Cubs series, and 2/3 against the Angels, but then again, this offense should score runs against guys with an ERA over 6.

807333[/snapback]

I wouldn't go as far as make or break, but it sure would be a shot in the arm to get things going before the ASB. The Nats will come back to Earth just as soon as they go on the road, and we don't want the Phillies to get too far out front.

807333[/snapback]

It'd be a huge boast to have a good week and try to catch the nationals, but the season is isn't lost if the Marlins have a bad week. The Astro's were doing horrible for a while last season and ended up doing well enough at the end to win the wildcard.

807343[/snapback]

But they also received two huge emotional boosts in the form of Beltran and Garner, and they play in an offensive oriented ball-park.

I don't think you can compare the Astros of last year to this year's Marlins. More fair would be to say that the Marlins were a .500 team in July of 2003, but I think the performance this week will reveal a lot about our offense...and that should go a long way to determining what we do for the rest of the season.

I don't think its make or break during this road trip, but it'll go along way to getting the confidence of this team back up. Those two wins against Texas went a long way in restoring some of it, but the only way they are going to getting it all the way back is winning and winning in long streaks.

I will be happy with 3/6 but hopefully we'll do better.

807402[/snapback]

We better win 4 of 6 at least!! We should win 2 of 3 in each series.

807518[/snapback]

So we will be missing the better opponent starters? So what? We are also facing pitchers we've never seen before. Do we all have short term memory loss? The Rangers pitcher yesterday reminded me of how typically bad we look against guys like that.

Win 2 out of 3 in each series? We should do that but then again that's been Jack's goal since last season. I don't even want to know how many times we've taken 2 out of 3 this season.Not many times.

If we go 8-4 on this homestand (based on taking 2 of 3 in each series), I will be beyond amazed!!!!! I guess we all will be amazed.

Unfortunately unless our luck changes a bit here, I will be estatic going 6-6 on this trip.If we do anything less than that, than we will probably confirm where this team is at and where they will be headed.

By the time we get home to play the Braves at the end of June ..we could be within striking distance and feeling confidant or we can be back around 6 or 7 games and reeling (sucking wind)...& barely have our heads above water.

Make or break? Heck yeah! Are you kidding me?!?!!!!!!!

This team has the tools to take off at any moment. So even if we limp into the ASB that doesn't necessarily mean we won't have a great 2nd half. That being said, we would all breathe a bit easier if we have a solid road trip. The pitching matchups we have in the first two series should allow us to get off to a good start.

yes the marlins and the braves are both second half teams.

The Expos, mets and phillies are traditionally first half teams

Look for the braves to put it together after the All star break and make a run at things. Most likely with Smoltz in the pen and another starter added.