Everything posted by dgreco
-
Marlins Elevation Premier Jacket!
its too warm down here for that jacket.
-
Official Bowl Prediction Thread
very nice 24-14 win for the gators.
-
Official Bowl Prediction Thread
boring first half, very boring.
-
Pro Israeli Rally in Fort Lauderdale
my post was deleted? because I said I loathe Israel?
-
Official Bowl Prediction Thread
Lol, so much for the "dominant" Sooner o-line. Almost two sacks on the first drive. the defense is looking amazing in that first drive. They were fast and hitting hard.
-
Pro Israeli Rally in Fort Lauderdale
Here are some pics of the attacks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecameraclicks/ Fights, not attacks. that is why sides never get along. They enjoy exacerbation. :banghead I'm not on either side, I just don't like to see weasel words like that. Attacks make it seem like one group was completely peaceful and that the other group what completely the aggressor. Well, I'm not exactly agreeing with him, but I don't think you can say that there is an equal amount of violence between the two sides. not at all, but they constantly turn everything into a major "blowout" when it may not be. Example people describe this event as attacks on one group, when it was really a fight between the two groups.
-
Spirit Air has unusual sale
I thought we were going to see cheap prices, this is funny though. I booked a trip to vegas in December fearing the prices would go up. Well since I booked through Delta I can not cancel without losing the fees and now Southwest has 49 each way for Rapid Points members (which I am) to vegas the same week I am going. In december they had round trip around 350 so I had to go with Delta.!!
-
Jeb Bush Not Running for Senate
Obviously teachers are opposed to the FCAT. Teachers are not unlike most workers in that they are opposed to accountability in their jobs. I went through school prior to the FCAT and I honestly don't remember ever and I mean ever doing any school work at home. My guess is with the FCAT kids can no longer get away doing nothing. I am not afraid of accountability but the teacher is not the only factor here. When you're supposed to put a door handle onto a car, it is your responsibility to do it correctly. But no one holds you accountable if the door handle is not the right size, you weren't given the correct screws, or the mounting machine broke down. Yet, teachers are asked to be educators, counselors, parents, referees, policemen, lawyers, etc... We are asked to teach students whose parents couldn't give two craps whether the do their homework or not. We are asked to educate students with not enough materials, constant interruptions, pull out programs (which take students away from instruction to participate in 'other' programs), and the constant pressure from the administrative team to 'Get That A!" Teachers have been supplying their classrooms with paper, pencils, stickers, motivational items, toilet paper, hand soap, printer ink and copy paper for many years now. Does any other job ask you to supply your own toilet paper??Don't even get me started here. And, I've been teaching for the past 27 years in a subject most students enjoy. I've been lucky to see the better side of the teaching experience. Back to the subject at hand. I think Jebbie knows the Bush name doesn't carry quite the same clout as it once did. He would have spent a ton of $$ on a fruitless effort. I was waiting for your response since I know you are a teacher. I agree with what you are saying about the delegation going on in the school systems and the effects of FCAT. RI does not have standardized tests, at least when I went through, and what I know of now, and I can say it probably hurt me. Although I had homework I just breezed through my math stuff and never really learned it. When I went to take my GMATs I had to re learn everything back down ot Algebra and Geometry because I did not really remember how to do any of it. Keep in mind I was a statistics major in college. I think testing in high school would of help me keep the information or make it easier for me to go back and do it. Needless to say I must of remembered a good deal of it because it wasn't all that hard to relearn.
-
Red Sox sign Baldelli
It's official, as is Smoltz. Red Sox had a busy past two days I am sure.
-
Trevor Hoffman Goes to Brewers
Alright, they fixed their closer problem, have a better one now. They need pitching, I think they should look into bringing Sheets back or maybe go for Lowe. Perez is another option but I find him very meh. NL Central is pretty Meh overall. There are always 2 or 3 teams that usually stink, more than any other division.
-
Pro Israeli Rally in Fort Lauderdale
Here are some pics of the attacks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecameraclicks/ Fights, not attacks. that is why sides never get along. They enjoy exacerbation. :banghead I'm not on either side, I just don't like to see weasel words like that. Attacks make it seem like one group was completely peaceful and that the other group what completely the aggressor. not you, I mean using words like Attack instead of fight. I was agreeing with you.
-
Pro Israeli Rally in Fort Lauderdale
Here are some pics of the attacks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecameraclicks/ Fights, not attacks. that is why sides never get along. They enjoy exacerbation. :banghead
-
Jeb Bush Not Running for Senate
His 'overhaul' of the education system in Florida consisted of making the awful FCAT exam the entire focus of education. Well done. /sarcasm According to Education Week we have the 10th best education system and to make it even more impressive we do it efficiently because we're 39th in spending. well there ya go, this wonk effectively understood what he was doing with education I suppose.
-
Trevor Hoffman Goes to Brewers
and it keeps the fans engaged, I like that the brewers werent just trying on last year, but are looking to build/compete year in and year out.
-
Mangini new Browns HC
I think its a good hire for them..... The Jets were doing fine till Farve starting playing catch with the other teams defense..... And you know the ownership told him noway you bench Farve... I don't even think he wanted Favre. Days before they got him he was on the TV/Radio etc saying they didnt need a QB they had one and of course than can be posturing, but it really seemed like it was the Woody Johnson and Tannenbaum who wanted Favre.
-
The end is near...
http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/090108/...viewpoint.shtml Another anti-stadium rant. i really hate this negative bulls*** is there anything positive ever published by this horrendous media down here towards the new stadium or marlins fans in general? the media is about negative news, never positive news.
-
Mangini new Browns HC
cleveland loves new england's leftovers Well, wasn't it New England that took Cleveland's leftovers in Belichick? very good point Rabb
-
Red Sox sign Baldelli
I think this is perfect for both sides. Sox need a 4th outfielder, Rocco gets to come home. it would be awesome. I went to HS with Baldelli at Hendricken and it would be cool to see a Hendricken kid on the Sox. Right now we have a bunch of them in Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa, LA etc... it would be cool to hear of one in the local papers playing for hte Red Sox or Paw Sox.
-
Smoltz to leave Atlanta for Boston
its another cheap add for them. Like Colon and now Penny and Smoltz cheap money for them and if they perform it works out great. I assume he would be the #5 and then you move Buccholz and Masterson to the bullpen.
-
ESPN to run Marlins story next on Sportscenter
good thing I didnt stay awake for nothing
-
Jeb Bush Not Running for Senate
Being outside of Florida while he was governor I had many good things and hardly anything bad, I have also heard he would of been the better Bush II than GWBush. Now locals, give me the info!
-
Pro Israeli Rally in Fort Lauderdale
I thought today was a pro-palestine rally? I just saw a small thing on the news but wasn't paying attention.
-
ESPN to run Marlins story next on Sportscenter
any talk of the marlins on national tv is always good.
-
Official Bowl Prediction Thread
Utah are the champs IMO. Screw Florida and Oklahoma and the BCS. Utah went undefeated, 'nuff said. link I read that I think it proves DI-FBS needs a playoff like DI-FCS, DII, DIII and NAIA. I have Florida over Oklahoma though.
-
Mangini new Browns HC
I do not think he is a horrible coach, I just think its a bad hire if the Browns wanted Pioli.