Everything posted by Mungo
-
Marlins sign Chad Harville
I remember seeing him pitch in Tamba Bay, does anyone know anything about him. We have now 3 former Rays SP's: Hendrickson, Waechter, and Harville. Now all we need is Casey Fossum, and Seth McClung. Great ! :banghead Players from a franchise that can't win 70 games. Oh Lord when will it end
-
Marlins ballpark in jeopardy once again
Cantu just put us in the lead with a monster but to respond, yes I do know great attorneys and I do know people who are up there in city management. If you watched those webcasts a while back, you saw him. No one that I know who has worked directly with this stadium deal is concerned AT ALL about ANY of these issues. I dont blame any marlins fan for being scared. Like I said in my post before, its understandable, BUT listen to me people. I promise you this is done and in the bag. There has already been too much money put into this deal for it to be turned around. Its done, finished, complete, and guaranteed. We need to start having some positive discussion about what we want in the stadium only problem we donot know court will rule their might say to take this voter in nov that wont be good because voter alway vote no to ballpark i hope we bring big mlb lawyer and city/county do same Not a chance of that happening. You forget what a "Banana Republic" the City of Miami is, it defiantely can happen.
-
Georgia Tech pitcher found dead, Miami vs GT postponed
Georgia Tech pitcher found dead, game postponedATLANTA -- A member of Georgia Tech's baseball team was found dead Friday. University officials said pitcher Michael Hutts was found dead in his off-campus apartment. Atlanta police and Georgia Tech police said they had not yet determined the cause of death. Georgia Tech athletic director Dan Radakovich said he didn't believe foul play was involved in the death of Hutts, who was 21. "From his teammates and everyone else, he was known to be a fine and outstanding person," Radakovich said. Hutts, who was a junior in Georgia Tech's College of Management, had his best game of the season against North Carolina on April 6. A left-handed relief pitcher, Hutts threw two scoreless innings and allowed one hit. He made nine appearances this season. A game scheduled for Friday night between Georgia Tech and Miami was postponed.
-
Hoover down, Rabelo up.
Hoover did not do a "terrible job", "passed balls galore" = 1, catchers call the game but it's the pitchers who have to deliver the pitch and hit their targets which in the case of Miller has been a consistent problem. Ditto Vanden Hurk. At this level bad pitching is bad pitching regardless of who is behind the plate. And for that matter he only caught two games. Talk about your small sample size. What Rabelo has going for him is his experience with handling Miller. It was evident in spring training. And one thing i like about Rabelo is he speeds the game along. 2003 speaks the truth
-
If Mark Hendrickson fails again tonight.....how many more ?
it could, but I'd rather shame Mungo into being optimistic instead. I've been shamed and am a happy camper. But I still don't trust Hendrickson. :confused
-
If Mark Hendrickson fails again tonight.....how many more ?
How many more starts does he get ? We are in 1st place right now, does that affect what they will do ? You're a baseball fan right?... Like, you follow the fact that baseball players/fans are usually superstitious... and YOU'RE BRINGING THIS UP NOW DESPITE THE FACT HE IS PITCHING WELL!?!?!?!? I'm expecting the worst.....just anticipating :confused
-
I Care
The guy is here to pitch, why critizise his acting abilities ? :confused
-
If Mark Hendrickson fails again tonight.....how many more ?
How many more starts does he get ? We are in 1st place right now, does that affect what they will do ?
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
Looked awesome at the plate tonight. It's only one game, sure, but I hope some of you doubters were watching. Unfortunately no telecast locally of the game last night. And this is another frustrating thing with MLB. I understand not all games can be on TV, but : (1) why, pray tell, do you decide to not show an away game. This I have never understood. You are going to cover 150 games, can't you make sure that 81 of them are the away games ? Who chooses which games to telecast ? The Marlins, MLB or Sun/FSN Fla ? (2) why does MLB still blackout AWAY games that are not shown on the local Sun/FSN Fla package ????? No one is losing TV revenue if I watch the Washington telecast if its not being covered by Sun/FSN Fla ??????? What gives ? What is the logic ?
-
A few Marlins tidbits.....
Several Marlins say Luis Gonzalez's presence is a big reason for the elimination of the frat-house, infantile behavior that hurt last year's clubhouse Notice that wasn't much of a concerned in 2006. :mis2 That's because Joe G was the general in charge. :mis2
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
THAT was a factor of money (whatever your take on the situation is)... THIS is NOT a factor of money When Hermida is arbitration eligible, he will command $ 5 to 6 million. That is too expensive for the Marlins. He will be gone, and we will have years of hoped for potential wasted on Hermida. If he blossoms it will more than likely be for someone else. We need production this year, or he has to catagorized as a bust for the Marlins, unless we can get something good for him in his "arbitration" trade. he might command that much...but thats the thing about arbitration...you dont always win...and i doubt he would win if he asks for that much I believe you have to offer something near what the average is that the players at his position make. You can't lowball someone, there are rules, and I am sure someone here knows them.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
WTF? Are people seriously still doubting Hermida? He is one of our cornerstones along with Hanley and Maybin. Not only does he ooze with a ton of potential, but he put up very good numbers as a 23 year old last year. I've only read this last page so I am sure I am just reiterating what the few fans with common sense left on this board are saying, but Hermida is not a bust and to say anything even close to that is laughable. His actual age means nothing when talking about the Marlins. We don't have "cornerstone" players, we have players that are here until they are arbitration eligible. Then they are shipped out. He has 2 years left before he is arby eligible, and that means his production for the time we have had him so far, has been very weak. We got a stadium. Things may change, but your logic is irrelevant. The point is the kid has massive potential, and he will be healthy. Cutting ties would be the dumbest thing the Marlins have EVER done in the history of the organization. Dumber than cutting ties with Miggy ? :blink: When I say cutting ties I don't mean letting him go, but trading him. maybe someone else will have the time and money to be patient with him. But our budget constraints don't allow for guys to "develope" they have to produce from day one.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
I think we should get rid of Hanley while we are at it. I mean we already know he is going to cost a lot of money and we won't be able to afford him. So why not sell now while his stock is high? ok I was being sarcastic...... but it is painful to know that all the great young player that come through our organization will spend their primes somewhere else..... new stadium on the way...i see no way hanley is gone Do you really think that will happen ? I don't think it will. This ownership promised not to do a firesale, and they signed Delgado, knowing they would trade him (I fully believe they had already decided to trade him before he ever took a bat as a Marlin....he was a tradeable asset and that is what they saw him as, ALWAYS)
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
I agree 100%. The Marlins don't however. They got rid of Miguel Cabrera. He was pretty good and about 24. :banghead
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
THAT was a factor of money (whatever your take on the situation is)... THIS is NOT a factor of money When Hermida is arbitration eligible, he will command $ 5 to 6 million. That is too expensive for the Marlins. He will be gone, and we will have years of hoped for potential wasted on Hermida. If he blossoms it will more than likely be for someone else. We need production this year, or he has to catagorized as a bust for the Marlins, unless we can get something good for him in his "arbitration" trade.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
WTF? Are people seriously still doubting Hermida? He is one of our cornerstones along with Hanley and Maybin. Not only does he ooze with a ton of potential, but he put up very good numbers as a 23 year old last year. I've only read this last page so I am sure I am just reiterating what the few fans with common sense left on this board are saying, but Hermida is not a bust and to say anything even close to that is laughable. His actual age means nothing when talking about the Marlins. We don't have "cornerstone" players, we have players that are here until they are arbitration eligible. Then they are shipped out. He has 2 years left before he is arby eligible, and that means his production for the time we have had him so far, has been very weak.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
WTF? Are people seriously still doubting Hermida? He is one of our cornerstones along with Hanley and Maybin. Not only does he ooze with a ton of potential, but he put up very good numbers as a 23 year old last year. I've only read this last page so I am sure I am just reiterating what the few fans with common sense left on this board are saying, but Hermida is not a bust and to say anything even close to that is laughable. Hermida has only 2 years left before arbitration. That means he has wasted our time. This franchise works with different rules than other clubs. You guys seem to forget that. :banghead
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
You can not hold not being a ROTY candidate against Hermida for only so long, who gives a ^$ that Hermida didn't win it, only one person can anyways. The fact is, he keeps playing on these injuries and making them worse trying to be in the lineup for all 162 games. I'm not holding it against him, just making the point that there have always been huge expectations for Hermida to which he has not lived up. Let him get to 100% and we'll take it from there. Sure, and I bet the team has been trying to do this for the last 2 seasons. How long should it take you think? He was healthy last season down the stretch and his G total has increased every year for 3 years... this should be about it :thumbup But has it reached his potential ? Remember we are the Marlins, and get rid of players once they are Arby eligible. This team doesn't have the time to waste on guys who get serivce time while on the DL. We need guys who can play when they are young, and can't wait for them to develope. When you factor in this set of rules (that only the Marlins and A's seem to live under) Hermida has wasted 2 years of our time so far, and needs to get his act together this year, or I say "sayonara" and try trading him next off season for whatever you can get for him.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
You DON'T cut ties with talented 24 year olds... unless they have a career ENDING injury it's just something you DON'T do.... stop suggesting we "cut ties" with Hermida, it's ridiculous that you'd suggest a 24 year old with uber talent be "washed up" almost to the point of genuinely being irritating Case in point: Josh Hamilton I agree 100%. The Marlins don't however. They got rid of Miguel Cabrera. He was pretty good and about 24. :banghead
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
Hermida has the minor league track record to demonstrate his major league achievements Then what has been his problem turning that minor league success into major league glory ? He has had ? season of good in parts of 3 seasons.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
Hermida out performed Uggla in every offensive category but HR last year including OPS (.870 to .805) and BA/RISP (.287 to .199!). If you look at home runs per AB Hermida was .042 and Uggla .049, not a huge difference. So who has more value? How many games did Uggla play in and how many did Hermida miss in 2007 ? I'd say the guy who was in more games is of better value. Also again, this was for ? a season. What about Hermida's 2006 season stats ? Are they better than Uggla's 2006 ? So far its not close as far as power hitting goes, that much I am pretty sure I am right about.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
You DON'T cut ties with talented 24 year olds... unless they have a career ENDING injury it's just something you DON'T do.... stop suggesting we "cut ties" with Hermida, it's ridiculous that you'd suggest a 24 year old with uber talent be "washed up" almost to the point of genuinely being irritating Case in point: Josh Hamilton Josh may or may not turn out to be an answer for the Rangers, but both Tampa Bay and Cinicinnati didn't see enough to keep him. I find it ridiculous we still have (or had during spring training) Jeff Allison in our organization. Talk about a worst bust than Hermida, Allison is right above Josh Booty in that catagory. All in all the Marlins have only a mediocre at best drafting history. Certainly they hit on Josh Beckett, Charles Johnson and Adrian Gonzalez, but other than that its all been FA signings or trades. Its a good thing Beinfest has hit on some trades or this franchise would really be in trouble. Cincinnatti needed pitching more than they needed hitting, that's the only reason they traded Hamilton... And I never get that Rangers organization. As if they are loaded with pitching.....I guess they are gonna try to outbomb everyone.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
You DON'T cut ties with talented 24 year olds... unless they have a career ENDING injury it's just something you DON'T do.... stop suggesting we "cut ties" with Hermida, it's ridiculous that you'd suggest a 24 year old with uber talent be "washed up" almost to the point of genuinely being irritating Case in point: Josh Hamilton Josh may or may not turn out to be an answer for the Rangers, but both Tampa Bay and Cinicinnati didn't see enough to keep him. I find it ridiculous we still have (or had during spring training) Jeff Allison in our organization. Talk about a worst bust than Hermida, Allison is right above Josh Booty in that catagory. All in all the Marlins have only a mediocre at best drafting history. Certainly they hit on Josh Beckett, Charles Johnson and Adrian Gonzalez, but other than that its all been FA signings or trades. Its a good thing Beinfest has hit on some trades or this franchise would really be in trouble.
-
Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated
Hermida's 2007 stat line is excellent. If you are going to start talking about potential busts maybe you should at least devote your attention to Mike Jacobs. Oh I don't disagree with that. He has been extremely underwhelming in offensive production. But his potential was never considered as great as was Hermida's ceiling. People on the board here talk about Hermida as though he is Super Human, and as of yet, I have not seen that, or anything close to it. Just to clear the air, I am not a stat guy, or anything more than just a typical fan. And I have been a Marlins fan since the 1st pitch of a minor league game in which John Lynch threw for us as the 1st game in organization history. I love Uggla, because he is a classic overachiever, and has done more with less talent than someone like Miggy has in his pinky finger. Hermida perhaps will have the breakout year this year, and I hope he does, but I just think its silly for this team and the fans to put their faith in a guy that just continues to disappoint year after year. At some point you just need to move on, and cut the ties, and see if someone else can do the job better.
-
Interesting Marlins Stats thus far....
:banghead I'm really hating this team right now. They're a bunch of hackers and it seems like they're being encouraged to be hackers. I think management knows they need to score alot of runs because the pitching is so weak. Just get up there and swing away boys . We need all the runs we can get. This is what is so perplexing to me. Management says it wants to emphasize pitching & defense, yet that is the weakest parts of the team. Are they actually making the best deals to get better, when they trade away our real talent ?