Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carroll sent to AAA...Hermida activated

Featured Replies

Jeremy will be activated before our next game and carroll has been sent down although he did a very nice job.

 

I love Brett Carroll (to whom I lovingly refer as "Jason Michael Brett Carroll"). Oh, well- Jeremy Hermida is actually on my fantasy team, so yay! :thumbup

How 'bout Amezaga+Carroll platoon in CF?

You know, Carroll was playing vs LHP in RF. The guy isn't known to hit well at this level yet, vs any pitching. Cody has killed LHP for some time, and he's only starting poorly this year on account of almost no play during ST (remember that Maybin kid?). Cody has an arm too. He is not one of these first or second basemen running around the outfield.

Cody-Amezaga is fine until De Aza comes back, and it is Cody - De Aza, until Maybin arrives.

 

Looking forward to seeing Hermida back. I wonder where they will fit him into the lineup though.

Boy, I'm not looking forward to the .350 SLG out of a De Aza Amezaga platoon. That would be awful.

 

That isn't the platoon plan anyhow, so rest easy.

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

 

Cut our losses on a player that is this young and this good?

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

 

Is there a dumbest post of the year for the Lurry's? If so, I've got a nomination.

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

I'll take that bet.

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

:blink:

 

Maybe you missed that .870 OPS from a 23 year old.

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

 

Cut our losses on a player that is this young and this good?

 

"This good" ? Really ? Tell me......

 

Jeremy Hermida : 245 games 27 HRs

Dan Uggla : 320 games 60 HR's

 

And Dan Uggla is not in any shape or form a "great player" but just adaquate. Defensively he's actually a liability.

 

Hermida has had 3+ seasons to prove he was worth the high draft choice and in my opinion he has fallen quite a bit short. Time to move on..... :cool

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

 

Cut our losses on a player that is this young and this good?

 

"This good" ? Really ? Tell me......

 

Jeremy Hermida : 245 games 27 HRs

Dan Uggla : 320 games 60 HR's

 

And Dan Uggla is not in any shape or form a "great player" but just adaquate. Defensively he's actually a liability.

 

Hermida has had 3+ seasons to prove he was worth the high draft choice and in my opinion he has fallen quite a bit short. Time to move on..... :cool

I don't....I don't even know how to respond to a post like that... I mean....wow.

Anyone taking bets on how long til Jeremy "Body of Glass" Hermida goes back on the DL ? :whistle

 

Carroll is back in less than a month. I'm tired of waiting for this dude to "break out". We need to cut our losses and move on.

 

Cut our losses on a player that is this young and this good?

 

"This good" ? Really ? Tell me......

 

Jeremy Hermida : 245 games 27 HRs

Dan Uggla : 320 games 60 HR's

 

And Dan Uggla is not in any shape or form a "great player" but just adaquate. Defensively he's actually a liability.

 

Hermida has had 3+ seasons to prove he was worth the high draft choice and in my opinion he has fallen quite a bit short. Time to move on..... :cool

 

First, Uggla is far in excess of adequate, top 20% of 2B, and not a defensive liability. Second, Hermida hasn't even had 2 full seasons to prove anything, much less 3+.

 

Is there a dumbest post of the year for the Lurry's? If so, I've got a nomination.

 

Nope, he just beat himself in the same thread.

Hermida is a colossal flop, and you folks just refuse to see it. You have been blinded by the teal. The man just is as fragile as a baby kitten.

 

The organization should just cut its losses and move on. Give others who work hard and actually play & contribute in games a chance.

I really don't get how you can dislike Hermida. Yeah he got hurt last year, but he played really well the second half of the season. And he is only 24. HRs aren't everything. He is a line drive hitter, not just a straight power guy like some of the guys in our lineup. He will hit around .300, take some walks, and hit a bunch of doubles and hit a few over the fence. To me, he is the epitome of a 2 slot hitter on a good team.

Right cause HR's are the be all end all of a players worth.

 

 

Lulz

 

I guess that isn't really fair huh. The guy can't stay in the lineup long enough to fairly compare him to Uggla.

 

How about this bet. What will be the next Hermida injury ?

 

a) hangnail

b) ingrown toe nail

c) 2 hangnails

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.