Hoover down, Rabelo up.

so we finally have our full 2008 Florida Marlins?

No, Mitre.

Anibal too.

Still gotta sign Bonds as well.

And A-Rod

If they sign Bonds or Gay Rod I don't think I could watch them again.

You should just feel lucky that you get to watch the greatest player in the history of baseball so often. A-Rod is the man.

Rabelo was not impressive at all in rehab. I hope at least his defense is pretty good. Hoover did allright in a short stint, going 3-7 with a double

Hoover also did a terrible job, defensively. Passed balls galore, and it seemed like the games we got blown out in, were the ones he was back there, calling. Call it a coincidence, or whatever, you'd like. Rabelo isn't great, but he's better than Hoover, that's for sure.

so we finally have our full 2008 Florida Marlins?

No, Mitre.

Anibal too.

Still gotta sign Bonds as well.

And A-Rod

If they sign Bonds or Gay Rod I don't think I could watch them again.

You should just feel lucky that you get to watch the greatest player in the history of baseball so often. A-Rod is the man.

Who are you referring to? And I'm sorry I HATE A-Rod more than any other player in sports. He's a yankee I'm a Sox fan. It's just a given that I wouldn't like him. I hope Beckett drills him on Sat. It really pains me to say that I kind like Jeter. But I was watching a Sox Yanks game in 2004 on ESPN. I think Youk may have been at bat and he hit a foul ball down the thridbase line about 3 rows back. Jeter jumped headfirst into the seats to get the ball. I remember thinking to myself here is a guy diving into 3 rows of plastic seats to get a ball and our ss(Nomar) is being a bitch and crying in the dugout. WOW you have to respect Jeter for doing that. I would also like to add that I may be the only person in the New England area that didn't like Normar. I really wanted to punch him every time he got up to bat. He always took 6 hours per at bat and swung at the first pitch.

You know, I was never a big fan of Treanor, and maybe part of that was just my hope to see Olivo succeed, but honestly, if you look at how Treanor has performed since he came up in 05, he has been consistently improving every year as a hitter and he's been pretty solid behind the plate. So whatever happens with Rabelo, I'll be happy to see Treanor still play a bit more and show how much better he can get this year.

And I think the point of Rabelo working with Miller is probably a good one. I imagine he's probably worked with him more than either Treanor or Hoover, and that can help.

Rabelo was not impressive at all in rehab. I hope at least his defense is pretty good. Hoover did allright in a short stint, going 3-7 with a double

Hoover also did a terrible job, defensively. Passed balls galore, and it seemed like the games we got blown out in, were the ones he was back there, calling. Call it a coincidence, or whatever, you'd like. Rabelo isn't great, but he's better than Hoover, that's for sure.

The correlation is there, but I would not scientifically approve the theory over the fact that it was poor pitching.

Hoover did not do a "terrible job", "passed balls galore" = 1, catchers call the game but it's the pitchers who have to deliver the pitch and hit their targets which in the case of Miller has been a consistent problem. Ditto Vanden Hurk. At this level bad pitching is bad pitching regardless of who is behind the plate.

And for that matter he only caught two games. Talk about your small sample size.

What Rabelo has going for him is his experience with handling Miller. It was evident in spring training. And one thing i like about Rabelo is he speeds the game along.