Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

estan ganando los marlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by estan ganando los marlins

  1. WOW. That shows that he has matured A LOT lately. I think his mindset has changed and he is a great example for the rest of the clubhouse.
  2. big question i have WHY are we leaving so many on base???? if i not mistaking we left like 8 vs phy one game this week Not hitting with RISP is a problem...LOB isn't. You can be a great team that scores tons of runs and still leave men on base. Everyone knows about The Big Red Machine of the 70's, when the Reds would score way more runs than anyone else. In 1976, they scored 857, 87 more runs than the 2nd best team. In that year, they left 1,328 men on base, which is the NL record. They of course went 102-60 and won the World Series. DOPE! LOL :cool
  3. Live fish usually pertains to the word pesces (pl). Minor detail that even the most affluent of Spanish speakers often forget. Cool, I went to Marlinsbaseball and learned some proper spanish :thumbup Seriously though, thanks for the tip, always looking to improve what little grasp on the spanish language I know *That's peces. Singular (one fish) is pez. Sorry, had to. /off-topic HOLY sh*t I mispelled it. WOW Spanish is my first language, by the way HAHA. But I think I speak both languages equally now. I mean I was born here but didn't speak English until first grade.
  4. Folks were saying the home run derby mess up hitters swing, i may be wrong because i'm not a stats keeping, since the ASG what is Uggla stats like? .162/.262/.324 3 HR 8 RBI So, yeah, he's going into one of his slumps... I wouldn't blame this on the derby, he's done this before, he should break out in September at the latest Yeah I wouldn't blame it on the derby either. Look at other hitters like Hanley. It's just a slump but we will get hot. I think David wright must have put somethinn in dan and hanley's drinks a the AS game, its the only logical explanation for their slumps. IT WAS OMAR!!! I don't think Omar's wily enough to do that... this IS Omar Minaya we're talking about right? HAHA :notworthy
  5. I say our bats come alive in this one. We win this game and our confidence in our bats will carry us into the game 3 and we win the series. Marlins win this one 5-2
  6. Again, again, again, this team failed to get at the pitcher when they had the opportunity. 3rd inning, bases loaded, 1 out and no RBI. Perez can get rattled easily. but if you let him off the hook he settles in very easily. Just look when he smashed his bat after the strikeout. Lol, almost every bat on this team is batting around .260. None at .300. WTF? For the record, while I think we should have been able to beat him... I don't think many teams would have gotten that run in with their 8-9 hitters up. I couldn't agree with you more. That's what I always say when our catcher is up with RISP and maybe 1 out. It is very unlikely we push in those runs.
  7. Folks were saying the home run derby mess up hitters swing, i may be wrong because i'm not a stats keeping, since the ASG what is Uggla stats like? .162/.262/.324 3 HR 8 RBI So, yeah, he's going into one of his slumps... I wouldn't blame this on the derby, he's done this before, he should break out in September at the latest Yeah I wouldn't blame it on the derby either. Look at other hitters like Hanley. It's just a slump but we will get hot. I think David wright must have put somethinn in dan and hanley's drinks a the AS game, its the only logical explanation for their slumps. IT WAS OMAR!!!
  8. THE FISH WILL FIGHT AGAIN! Los pescados vivir?n! (I don't speak spanish, so that may be wrong, sorry if it is) Good to go. Only thing, technically speaking the word pescado is used for dead fish. Live fish usually pertains to the word pesces (pl). Minor detail that even the most affluent of Spanish speakers often forget.
  9. Folks were saying the home run derby mess up hitters swing, i may be wrong because i'm not a stats keeping, since the ASG what is Uggla stats like? .162/.262/.324 3 HR 8 RBI So, yeah, he's going into one of his slumps... I wouldn't blame this on the derby, he's done this before, he should break out in September at the latest Yeah I wouldn't blame it on the derby either. Look at other hitters like Hanley. It's just a slump but we will get hot.
  10. THE FISH WILL FIGHT AGAIN!
  11. God forbid we win 2 out of 3. For one thing sweeps are hard to come by for ANY team in baseball. By the way: WE ARE ALL GUNNA DIE. THE MARLINS LOST TONIGHT AND NOW ITS THE END OF THE WORLD. WE WILL NEVER BE GOOD EVER AGAIN. Now that I got my message across I would like to add one more thing. We have THREE more series against the Phillies before this season is over. CAN WE PLEASE CALM DOWN. :goodpost :jackson Uh thank you
  12. God forbid we win 2 out of 3. For one thing sweeps are hard to come by for ANY team in baseball. By the way: WE ARE ALL GUNNA DIE. THE MARLINS LOST TONIGHT AND NOW ITS THE END OF THE WORLD. WE WILL NEVER BE GOOD EVER AGAIN. Now that I got my message across I would like to add one more thing. We have THREE more series against the Phillies before this season is over. CAN WE PLEASE CALM DOWN.
  13. While you prepare to lose against Moyer, I'll be sitting here watching the Marlins hit off him as we speak. its easy to say that while the game is in the seventh inning. i was just predicting what was likely to happen. luckily i was wrong lol im just playing. im really happy about this considering that i predicted that we would win against him about 2 days ago. i think it was on this thread too lol
  14. While you prepare to lose against Moyer, I'll be sitting here watching the Marlins hit off him as we speak.
  15. One thing that bothers me about the sensationalism here some times. While we had a ton of trouble when we first came out of the break, we really haven't had trouble scoring runs for about a week now. We've scored 5 runs 5 times in the last 8 games (I know I sound like a broken record, but what can I say?), that's 6 runs vs the Cubs, 7 runs twice against the Mets, and 12 runs and 5 runs vs the Rox. I think we'll be fine offensively. Yes.
  16. Great post and I've been saying this all year long. National people ( like ESPN) look at the Overall Stats and just go on that, which is obviously ridiculous. If we include the 3 weeks before the trade deadline, anyone who REALLY knows baseball and the Florida Marlins knows that the Florida Marlins had the best mid-season "acquisitions." in MLB by far. Even with not getting Manny Ramirez. What other team in baseball can say that during the second half of the season, they brought in 3 YOUNG STARTING pitchers who could quite possibly be the best in the rotation. (I know Nolasco has been awesome, but JJ, Anibal, and Volstad are legit)...Along with that, the Florida Marlins also filled their biggest need, which was help in the bullpen against lefties, which is esp. important with all the lefties in the NL East. The Marlins have the most powerful offense in baseball and soon people may be saying they have the best starting rotation in baseball as well...Thats a pretty nice recipe for success and that be saying, makes me wonder by "Florida Marlins fans" said the fish didn't do "enough" during the regular season to make this team better..What a joke. "The Marlins have the most powerful offense in baseball" Huh? Maybe by HR alone... "best starting rotation in baseball as well" This is when I know your a true delusional team homer. "the fish didn't do "enough" during the regular season to make this team better" They didn't, our pitchers just recover from surgery. Don't post if you ddon't know what you are talking about. How about YOU don't post when you don't know what you are talking about. Our CURRENT rotation is one of the best right now - Top 10. Since when was the word delusional synonymous with the word accurate? Then why didn't he write it the correct way. Best in baseball mean #1 which is false with this team. His comment was that he felt that people MAY be saying that the rotation is the best in baseball. That sounds to me like a very subjective statement based on legit info. Objectively we have a pretty good rotation. Subjectively, you can think whatever you want about our rotation whether its the best or not, but saying that someone is delusional for THINKING we MAY have the best rotation is a stretch.
  17. I think our offense will come around once the bats of players like Hanley and Dan. The problem is that we will probably never be good hitting with RISP and we have relide on the homer. I may be wrong because I am just speaking on the fly but I think we have been hitting less homers. To take one specific example, Dan was hitting a homerun at a more frequent rate in the first half than now. We will see. I am pretty optimistic about the rest of the season. I actually feel like we have a better chance of gaining ground when we face the teams we have to gain ground on. That tells me that I am confident enough to trust this team when they go up against the real competition. I am not saying everyone should feel this way but I am just throwing it out there. I think it's an indication on how I feel this team should perform and I don't see why they can't do it.
  18. Great post and I've been saying this all year long. National people ( like ESPN) look at the Overall Stats and just go on that, which is obviously ridiculous. If we include the 3 weeks before the trade deadline, anyone who REALLY knows baseball and the Florida Marlins knows that the Florida Marlins had the best mid-season "acquisitions." in MLB by far. Even with not getting Manny Ramirez. What other team in baseball can say that during the second half of the season, they brought in 3 YOUNG STARTING pitchers who could quite possibly be the best in the rotation. (I know Nolasco has been awesome, but JJ, Anibal, and Volstad are legit)...Along with that, the Florida Marlins also filled their biggest need, which was help in the bullpen against lefties, which is esp. important with all the lefties in the NL East. The Marlins have the most powerful offense in baseball and soon people may be saying they have the best starting rotation in baseball as well...Thats a pretty nice recipe for success and that be saying, makes me wonder by "Florida Marlins fans" said the fish didn't do "enough" during the regular season to make this team better..What a joke. "The Marlins have the most powerful offense in baseball" Huh? Maybe by HR alone... "best starting rotation in baseball as well" This is when I know your a true delusional team homer. "the fish didn't do "enough" during the regular season to make this team better" They didn't, our pitchers just recover from surgery. Don't post if you ddon't know what you are talking about. How about YOU don't post when you don't know what you are talking about. Our CURRENT rotation is one of the best right now - Top 10. Since when was the word delusional synonymous with the word accurate?
  19. That the Marlins sweep the Phils and take over first place in the NL East? In my opinion, I doubt the fish will sweep, but I would be happy if we get 2 out of 3. Thoughts? I think you should not worry about the future. Watch the games, and see what happens. :hat sorry Erick, but we would all be b*tching and moaning that this site is too boring if we didn't think about the future and ask "what if" questions. :owned X2 Oh yes, I was "owned!" Didn't know we were in 1st grade, but oh wowzers...totally cool! DIM is my new hero (no offense, DIM, this isn't really directed towards you, and you do have, somewhat, of a point). Btw, it's really cute how you have my name TWICE on your sig. No offense, but it's a little awkward. Pimpin' :hat males isn't my thing. Can't you find some other quotes? :owned X2 Your quotes are also a bad representation of reality. When you say that the Rockies didn't throw us any good pitchers I hope you mean we saw one of the hottest pitchers in baseball. Ubaldo Jimenez is good
  20. That the Marlins sweep the Phils and take over first place in the NL East? In my opinion, I doubt the fish will sweep, but I would be happy if we get 2 out of 3. Thoughts? I think you should not worry about the future. Watch the games, and see what happens. :hat sorry Erick, but we would all be b*tching and moaning that this site is too boring if we didn't think about the future and ask "what if" questions. :owned X2 Oh yes, I was "owned!" Didn't know we were in 1st grade, but oh wowzers...totally cool! DIM is my new hero (no offense, DIM, this isn't really directed towards you, and you do have, somewhat, of a point). Btw, it's really cute how you have my name TWICE on your sig. No offense, but it's a little awkward. Pimpin' :hat males isn't my thing. Can't you find some other quotes? :owned X2 Your quotes are also a bad representation of reality. When you say that the Rockies didn't throw us any good pitchers I hope you mean we saw one of the hottest pitchers in baseball. Ubaldo Jimenez is good
  21. If we beat Moyer, we will have a good chance. I say we concentrate on beating Moyer and then going on to win the second game of the series. I think it is important to win the front end of the series. Maybe then we can pull of the sweep, but the beating Moyer is very important, I feel.
  22. The thing is I feel like the losses are so bad because we REALLY do expect them to win. I don't know if the players expect to win but if they do I am sure they feel as bummed as we do when there is a loss. But I really started only to expect to win every game after the last Phillies series. Now I really feel like we will give EVERY team a run for their money. That little feeling of winning every day kinda started when we beat Brandon Webb with Nolasco on the mound and then we ended up sweeping the D-Backs. You know what would really get me? When we beat Jamie Moyer in a few days... and it WILL happen. I am calling it right here, right now. That D-Back series did give us some momentum definitely... We HAVE to beat Moyer this time... its getting ridiculous 10-0 against the Marlins in 10 starts, wtf. Well I am willing to put my prediction reputation on the line, a reputation that is not that impressive, albeit. HAHA It will happen, though. It will be 10-1, or it will stay at 10-0 and a reliever will get the loss. You will see.
  23. There is nothing else to know. You only have to make it as complicated as you care to. What if I wanted to update every post with score sheet-type score keeping and for the broadcast section put pictures of rich and tommy. oh, and then award someone as the best poster post-game? (wow im getting REALLY out of hand with this)... you don't have to answer these questions by the way HAHAHAHA Prediction: Marlins win 8-3
  24. Decided to start my first game thread, I will be at the game tomorrow. Florida Marlins (58-52) vs Colorado Rockies (50-61) Ricky Nolasco(10-6) vs. De Los Santos(0-0) Time: 7:10 TV: FSN Radio: 790 The ticket and WQBA 1140 I really wanna do my first game thread one day or another. What do I need to know. I already know that I can't do it until we lose and the last person loses their turn. Now let me know the rest DAMMIT!. j/k but seriously let me know lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.