Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

estan ganando los marlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by estan ganando los marlins

  1. Will the renderings include a thing like the Mets' apple and the Phillie's bell? Well there is nothing cool about the Mets apple unless you think old, crappy, paper-mache apples that come out of hats for no apparent reason are cool. The Phillies bell is sweet cuz of its lights. I think we might see something creative, considering Loria's weird/creative/slightly homosexual side. Naw I just kid. I kinda like Loria. But I am just so excited to see something cool it is just killing me. Apparently J-Lor is making sure an idea of his is put out in center field, so hopefully it will be cool. From what I hear, it is supposed to highlight the fact that it is a baseball only stadium. I am not sure what that means but I think he is just trying to sell the fact that it is a baseball only stadium and the actual feature will have nothing to do with that. lol. And there is gunna be a party room behind the left field wall that will have some sort of fence/glass of some sort so that the fans in that room can look right into the field and feel like they are on it. Of course, there is no way to substantiate these claims until the rendering come out but damn I am so excited.
  2. I lived in Homestead right next to the complex for 2 years before moving to New York and then back to Miami. That place is pretty cool. I wouldn't mind going there to see a Marlins game. Ultimately, though, I think they will play in DS that season. I just cant wait for the new ballpark. I WANNA SEE SOME RENDERINGS!
  3. Braman said he is going to file another suit, but it looks like this is done. I was reading some MLS stuff and FC Barcelona is backing the Miami MLS team which will invest in some of this project so that they can guarantee their spot in MLS. If they will be supporting the parking garage etc... this could end up going really smoothly. I thought it was all but assured if MLS comes back it happens at FIU? I am looking for the link now they had one on ESPN and then one on MLS rumors. But the thing was now that St. Louis has Albert Pujols as an investor the Bracelona/FC Barcelona investors needed to add more to make their bid more worth while. Which was going back to location included with the Marlins. The other bids - Montreal withdrew, Ottawa seems to be too small of a market, and then Vancouver(had the best proposal many leagues has seen-including the NFL), but the MLS wants american cities to grow sponsorship which really left Portland, St. Louis and Miami. Where would the expansion team play? I have heard that its possible that they will play either close to or in the Marlins stadium, but its being built as a baseball only stadium, no? Someone mentioned FIU in a post and that seems more logical. Especially, since they plan to add seats to the stadium as time goes on.
  4. Marlins need to unveil the actual flippin stadium
  5. Does anyone think Baker could be a franchise player? I am talking about a franchise player in the sense that he will stay with us and our FO and coaching staff will understand that their main goal is to develop him into our catcher of the future.
  6. I have been saying this time and time again, as well as a few other people. The stadium is and always has been a done deal. I warned you before the Braman thing that there would be people to try to bring it down out of desperation and it would not work. I had said for a few months now and yet people continue to say "OH wait its not a done deal... the construction approval... the commission... bla bla bla" If I said it once I have said millions of times. It's a done deal. It will pass, the votes are there already. CALM DOWN!
  7. Is there something I'm missing? More than you'll ever know :brigginbounce Really? Here's a Game... Give me a compelling argument right now as to why Luis Gonzalez should be the starting RF'er, without using the words "veteran" or "presence." OK. Here we go. I got the answer... Umm... OK... because... otherwise, Jeremy Hermida would be the starting RFer. So what did I win?
  8. Is anyone else concerned with the fact that even when we beat up on the team in 1st place in the division (Phils or Mets), the only team that really benefits is the team in 2nd? This happened to us earlier in the season. Right now the Mets are in 1st place with only a half a game lead over the Phils, hypothetically, if we were to sweep the series against the mets, still being 5.5 games out, and the Phils manage to continue winning, we are only helping the Phils. We will be gaining games on the Mets but not the Phils. To make matters worse we begin a series with the Braves who have owned us this season... I got the perfect solution. Why don't we just lose.
  9. I'm glad someone gets to clarify the facts in this. There is no reason to be against the stadium if you are not directly and adversely affected by it being constructed. To clarify, I don't see how opining against the building of the stadium is valid in any way. And I still think that this stadium will get built.
  10. One game at a time people. I have a good feeling about this stretch though, just to throw it out there. I never thought the Mets would be up top over the Phillies. I think their pitching has WAY over-performed. However, their offense is good. We will see. But I can't remember when they have played good against the Astros, or at least they haven't played well against them since the last series they had. It's almost September lades and gentlemen! As Rowan Atkinson (as Enrico Pollini in Rat Race) would say, "It's a race!"
  11. so much contradiction round here. And the contradiction is coming from Samson as well. I thought he hinted that there was nothing to worry about because ground breaking wasn't going to begin until November. The ruling will come before that, or at least I hope. If it does then it should be no problem. That's what I think, at least
  12. Is the game this afternoon against the Cubbies canceled? I just was curious because I will probably be listening to it at work, but if it is canceled I, obviously, won't even bother. Let me know guys They don't cancel a game due to a tropical storm warning when the effects of the storm won't be felt for another day or so...especially this late in the season when the game means something. They'll play today. Good. I'm excited now HAHA
  13. You know, I was as pissed off as anyone when Gregg blew that save and I'm frustrated that the Mutts are winning and we're struggling but the reason we are all on this board is because we are baseball fans. If there is one thing to take away from this game its that there is always a chance to win. We're not even mathematically close to being out of it. Our bats are going to wake up, and we're gonna add some pop in September. The pitching has been solid (for the most part ) and this team has been coming from behind to win all year. Plus remember how the Mets fell apart last year? There is a lot of baseball to be played yet and it ain't over. Remember when we had to throw out lifesavers to everyone who jumped off the boat when we lost to the Rockies?Well,we bounced back then. Gregg blew a save. ok. But look at how well Lindstrom and Kensing pitched.Come on! We rebounded last night. I actually feel like this hitting slump is about to end and all the pieces are going to click just at the right time. Don't give up! Attaboy!! This is what I am talking about! September is a whole month baby so the tables could turn at any time. Yes, the Mets have gone on a streak, but you have to take into consideration that after they've played the Fish at Shea, they have faced the Pirates, Nationals, and Pirates again. While the Phils have gone on the road to the West Coast and faced the Dodgers for four and Padres (they should beat them, but their offense has disappeared also) and of course we've got the Cards and Cubs. Give this race a few weeks when the schedules balance out and we could see a completely different standings. The Mets schedule stays soft for a little while with the Braves at home, but then they have a hot Astros team, on the road in Phily, down here, and at Milwaukee. The Phillies have three at home against the Nats, but then the Dodgers, Mets and 4 at Wrigley. It doesn't get much easier for the Marlins either going west(good news, though, is that we miss both Lincecum and Webb next week), but the competition's schedules will get much tougher also. By the end of August everything probably will be completely different. I totally agree with you. Like I said, September is a new month. There are so many possibilities and still so much time.
  14. Rubber game ladies and gents. Let's win this one so we can start a path of destruction beginning in San Fran.
  15. Is the game this afternoon against the Cubbies canceled? I just was curious because I will probably be listening to it at work, but if it is canceled I, obviously, won't even bother. Let me know guys
  16. I'm a little late on the uptick here but I'm totally excited about the revival of a downtown site. Let's make this happen. The idea of delay for site shifting is a joke considering idiot Braman's lawsuit means delays at OB too. Everyone knows the OB site is terrible, so why on earth we aren't pouncing on Straub's offer is beyond me. As for it costing more, wasn't it shown that OB would be more expensive? The OB site os more expensive but its because the land is more valuable. The OB site is actually a favorable location which has a high opportunity for profit. That area is prime real estate right now and that land is FIRE in the market right now.
  17. I just can't believe that Kevin Gregg leads the Majors in saves
  18. I think we really are never outnumbered. It just seems that way because the other fans are so numerous. Every time I go to a Mets game the crowd is louder for the Marlins than the Mets and you see their fans scattered around. Marlins fan seem to come in bulk LOL
  19. Maybin may have had an inconsistent year but his only problem seems to have been fixed (which is reading the breaking pitch). I went to see him in Jacksonville and he hit a 500+ foot bomb. From seeing him play I think he is as close to Major League ready as ever right now.
  20. I thought they were going to possibly have street cars/trolleys from the megaplan going to and from the stadium? Yeah if you are in Miami you should be fine. If you are coming from Broward you would have to find one of those shuttles to Miami-Dade and from there hit up one of those street cars.
  21. Hanley seems to have taken up that role. Every time there is a visit to the mound he is always up there. And he occasionally talks to the pitcher alone without Baker or Treanor going out there. So I'd give it to Hanley.
  22. From my understanding, the Tigers wanted Lindstrom for Pudge and we refused to deal him. If that's the case, they are gunna want the same thing and we are not gunna give it to them. Sheff is too old and will ruin team chemistry. I don't see any upside in getting him.
  23. Live fish usually pertains to the word pesces (pl). Minor detail that even the most affluent of Spanish speakers often forget. Cool, I went to Marlinsbaseball and learned some proper spanish :thumbup Seriously though, thanks for the tip, always looking to improve what little grasp on the spanish language I know *That's peces. Singular (one fish) is pez. Sorry, had to. /off-topic Cool, I went to Marlinsbaseball and learned THE ACTUAL proper spanish :thumbup Seriously though, thanks for the tip, always looking to improve what little grasp on the spanish language I know By the way, props on the girls in your sig. All of them are SO HOT :bouncy
  24. AWESOME!!! Is there any way you can submit these designs to Samson?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.