Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

estan ganando los marlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by estan ganando los marlins

  1. For the latin comunity..."La Southwestcera Staduim" or "Calle Ocho Field" some others? Jose Canseco Juiced Fields Marimba Way Staduim Co?oooooooo Park Rum Runner Field Seaquarium Staduim However, technically, the new stadium isn't in the "Sawesera," but, then again, who cares it still would be funny. I thought it was also funny that NW 17 Ave., the street that borders the site on the east is Willy Chirino Way.
  2. Celia Cruz Field No way are we naming our stadium after a dead woman. That's a curse waiting to happen. :thumbdown Bacardi is such a cool name. I'd love it if the stadium were named Bacardi Field or Bacardi Park. It just stands out in a good way. What other companies are based in Miami? :mis2 Burger King. McDonalds has a pretty tight connection with Miami as well, but I don't think that McDonalds will even go near the naming rights for the stadium
  3. What is wrong with Hanley lately. I don't understand how you can be so bad after being so productive?
  4. 3 in a row to the Reds, now most likely 2/3 from the Royals. :| A little early to say don't you think?
  5. We have plenty of time to score a lot of runs. It's not like we haven't done it before we just gotta get the pitching squared away.
  6. I don't see it happening. Too much money.
  7. That umpire was a complete idiot. I have never been one to blame umps and I never liked doing that but WOW that was costly. How was that not a strike!? Did he not like the fact that the Marlins were in first? Too bad because tonight we are gunna make the ump and the Reds feel sorry they even thought about sweeping us. Like Ali said, "If you even DREAM about beating me, you better wake up and apologize." We take this game, come back home and do our thing there. We got the D-backs soon and I expect to continue to "shock" the world.
  8. We can still split the series and remember we are playing in hostile territory. We come back home to play the Royals with a nice homecoming. Take one day off and get refreshed for the D-Backs. Now, we can watch them live! I am pumped I have officially made my move to Miami!!!!
  9. My grandfather works for the Chairman of the Commissioner's Board of Miami-Dade County and he said this guy has no chance. The county's legal team continually sends them SH*T-loads of documents to Braman's legal team and Braman's lawyers are just swallowing them and not doing anything. They are not sending any to the county's lawyers or changing their legal strategy. For lack of a better phrase, they are, as the Cubans say, "comiendo mierda (eating sh*t - equivalent of 'having a finger up your a$$'). Well if you excuse me I have a flight to catch to Miami. I am moving back!!! LET'S GO FISH!!
  10. If the Marlins are shown it would be great. If they are not depicted as a terrible team that is
  11. That is just SEXY! OH YEAH! :bouncy
  12. I LOVE IT!!! people call us bad and we are the best (record-wise). I guess we are the first worst team in baseball with the best record. i don't even know how that would work.
  13. Yeah I saw that too. I was watching with my roommate and he was laughing when they said that. That show really isn't that good anyway. I said the same thing, i guess Luis Gonzalez or Dan Uggla aren't well-known. What about Scott Olsen? So, in other words what ESPN is saying is incorrect... WHAT DO YOU KNOW? ESPN BEING WRONG!? ESPN has great game coverage but besides that they blow.
  14. The current stadium location is less accessible to 60%+ of the Miami-Dade population than it is to the rest of South Florida and therein lies the problem. How do you figure? IMO Little Havana has much more potential in bringing in more fans to the stadium than does Opa Locka. Not to mention, people can get to the new location much easier using public transportation than they can to get to DS. Not much better, but you are not that far from downtown and more people use public transportation to get in and out of that area of Miami than they do to get in and out of Opa Locka. I don't see your point. I was referring to the CURRENT stadium, Dolphin Stadium not the "proposed" Orange Bowl location. Oh... my bad lol :hanged :guillotine :ignore me In that case I COMPLETELY and 100% agree with you... I missed the operative word there... Please accept my apology for i am not worthy :notworthy
  15. My room is a little dusty... I might need to SWEEP!!!! :confused :gofish Let's celebrate Hanley's signing (:deal) with an Olsen win and a sweep
  16. I am moving back to Miami on Tuesday and nothing would make me happier than staging a small protest outside a dealership. We need to put the pressure on this douche cake
  17. The current stadium location is less accessible to 60%+ of the Miami-Dade population than it is to the rest of South Florida and therein lies the problem. How do you figure? IMO Little Havana has much more potential in bringing in more fans to the stadium than does Opa Locka. Not to mention, people can get to the new location much easier using public transportation than they can to get to DS. Not much better, but you are not that far from downtown and more people use public transportation to get in and out of that area of Miami than they do to get in and out of Opa Locka. I don't see your point.
  18. I wasn't here for the original idea. What's going to be on the shirts?
  19. The Marlins are on the PTI rundown today. It should be coming up in about 5 minutes. Watch it. By the way, on Around the Horn prior to PTI, Woody Page just dissed the hell out of the Marlins. When discussing Brandon Webb and D-Backs he said that their upcoming schedule was against bad teams and their streak will continue because of that. Reali reminded him that one of those teams is the "first-place Marlins": P: So? R: They are in first place. P: That doesn't mean they are any good. I'll update on what they have to say on the Marlins. Share your thoughts if you saw it or if you just want to comment.
  20. By the way, if you don't mind, if you remember the nicknames for the players can you put it on? I particularly would like to know Cantu's nickname, him being a fellow Mexican. Oh, and more on the race thing: Remember when Amezaga would sell candy in the clubhouse with Dontrelle? They each had separate "stands" and Amezaga gave Dontrelle's stand its name, while Dontrelle gave Amezaga's stand its name. Amezaga's was Cesar Chavez and Willis' was Martin Luther King.
  21. Jeez. Did anyone see Alfredo do the lineups?? He had a nickname for everyone and did it in Spanish. When he introduced Hanely it was "Hanley, el negro, Ramirez". When Tom and Rich were translating what Amezega said...they appropriately skipped over Hanley's nickname. It really amazes me how racist hispanics are (i'm hispanic btw). Poor taste IMO The thing is I wouldn't call it something that was done in bad taste. It was more of a term of endearment. I have a black uncle and he is known in my family as el negro but we don't call him that because we think of him as inferior. It's more of a term that we use out of love. It's not said like it's used as "Ew, he's black." It's used like how someone would use "gordo" or "flaco." My nickname is flaco and my cousins is gordo.
  22. Yea I have heard nothing and he thought he was just being smart.... I told him that was idiotic and he was like 'NO!'. Whatever.
  23. According to my roommate, who is an absolute Mets freak and has an in in the organization, there are rumors circulating the front desk that an announcement may come today regarding the job of Willy Randolph. The future of his job is at jeopardy. Keep in mind, THESE ARE ONLY RUMORS!!! But I have reason to believe that my roommate as a source is credible (not very, but credible). Talk on MetsBlog is already starting. :mis2
  24. I saw, good stuff man... amazing catch. Now I can tell my roommates who were going crazy over the catch that the guy in charge of getting it on SC is a Marlins fan. HAHA
  25. The Mets definitely have the worst in the East. Or at least tied with the Nats. Cordero sucks for the Nats. Heilman, Schoeneweis, and Sosa (all Mets) are TERRIBLE!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.