Everything posted by alejandrasnow
-
4/23 game cancelled?
So I just got MLB Extra Innings because I live in Gainesville and I'm tired of losing out the baseball games due to crappy basketball. Am I still able to get the game on Monday if the Magics are playing?
-
4/23 game cancelled?
most likely game one wont because of fox rule of game starting before 7pm wont be on tv unless on fox network For real???
-
Check out ESPN Classic right now
today (friday 4/23) 1997 Game 7 - 2 pm - espn classic You can also buy this game on itunes if anyone wants it!
-
Check out ESPN Classic right now
If only DirecTV didnt cut ESPN Classic from their basic package I'm pretty sure you can buy the Bartman game off itunes.
-
Marlins @ Astros 4/22 8:05pm
What is this game time change? Please inform me . The last Colorado game was moved from 3:05 to 5:05. Perfect. Gives me more time to study. LOL! I thought the same thing when I got the email!
-
4/21 Post Game
The bullpen is pretty much annoying me to no end. It seems like there is nothing that we can do right when it comes to the bullpen, even when we use the right player. They weren't bad tonight. Which is why I included the bold part. Badenhop was the right choice today and yet he fell behind in counts and the Astros hit him. I didn't see the game so I can't tell Badenhop's pitch location other than gameday but what I did see was how Burke got behind Blum and how Blum proceeded to triple, how he threw a wild pitch, how only one of the batters he faced saw a first pitch strike, and how he threw 18 strikes and 13 balls. From that I can only gather that he didn't have his best stuff today and was a bit scattered. I'm not saying Badenhop sucks because he doesn't but it's just frustrating that the bullpen continues to falter, even when it seems like we have the right guy in the right situation. It's understandable that Badenhop can't bail the team out every time but it sucks that we don't that many reliable alternatives.
-
4/21 Post Game
The bullpen is pretty much annoying me to no end. It seems like there is nothing that we can do right when it comes to the bullpen, even when we use the right player.
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
When do you think the FO is going to realize that our bullpen freaking sucks? I know they signed Jorge Sosa today, so I hope he can do something. Despite today, Badenhop has been solid. I'm not trying to say that he freaking sucks.
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
Burke, don't mess with my heart!
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
Badenhop should be able to go 2 innings tonight...right? lol You might be loling but I'm totally behind this sentiment. badenhop.....
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
Wow @ the Astros giving away outs. I'll take it.
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
What the f*** is wrong with Hanley? And more importantly, what the f*** is wrong with our defense? It seems like it's actually gotten worse since last season.
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
According to gameday, this ump has a ridiculous strike zone. One where balls are strikes and strikes are balls. Is this true or is my gameday ridiculous?
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
So I've had a horribly long day with classes, finals, papers, and group meetings. I come home to chill and watch a Marlins game and what do I find? The f***ing Magic. I hate basketball, I hate the NBA playoffs, and I hate FSN. That's what you get for being a Gator. Seriously. This is the one downfall of being at UF. I just thought, when they become the Miami Marlins will they no longer show all 150 games in Northern Florida? I couldn't live without my Fish!!!
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
So I've had a horribly long day with classes, finals, papers, and group meetings. I come home to chill and watch a Marlins game and what do I find? The f***ing Magic. I hate basketball, I hate the NBA playoffs, and I hate FSN.
-
4/21/10 Marlins @ Astros
April 21, 2010 BROADCAST UPDATE Due to television scheduling conflicts, tonight's Marlins telecast (Marlins vs. Astros at 8:05 p.m. ET) has been reassigned to alternate channels on three major television service providers. Please refer to the list below for important information on where to find the FS Florida alternate channel: AT&T U-verse: 1721 HD AT&T U-verse: 721 SD DISH Network: 452 DirecTV: 655 SD DirecTV: 655-1 HD
-
4/20 - Marlins @ Astros
Come on Voly.... almost out!
-
Rangers steal 7 bases in 4 innings
It's the top of the 4th in Texas and the Rangers have already stolen seven bases, a team record for a game. Tim Wakefield is the lulz. Wow... whenever I picture the Rangers I always think power bats.... I never picture them as a speedy bases stealing team. That's funny!
-
4/20 - Marlins @ Astros
I can't see the game but from what I've witnessed on gameday, that's what happens when you can't hold runners Voly... and when you walk them.
-
Congress urging baseball to ban smokeless tobacco
That's a bit of a red herring. If MLB bans the substance due to Congressional "pressuring" or "urging" it doesn't change the fact that it's a bad league policy. I don't think it should be banned in MILB either. Why does Congress think it should be pressuring MLB to be doing anything? Do you really think that this is an issue that our federal elected officials should be concerned with and dedicating time to? I love some of the silly logic in the that article too. Waxman's always been one of the most repulsive people in Congress, but I love Anna Eshoo's purely ignorant remark that the players should just chew gum instead of dip. Is she aware of the fact that it isn't really chewed? Is she ignoring the fact that it has the effects of nicotine? Let's put the social engineering to rest. What a stupid argument. If gum and dip were really interchangeable, why not let them dip? Clearly there is a significant difference between the two so why simplify the issue with that ridiculous comparison? With everything going on in our country, why is Congress preoccupying themselves with something as irrelevant as whether or not grown men should be allowed to use legal substances? If children watching baseball is the area of concern, just make children aware of the consequences of dipping which they've already been doing with tobacco free Florida commercials. Although I never had any intention of dipping, after having watched that terrifying commercial of the man missing his jaw, it only reinforced my stance.
-
Question about Jimenez's no hitter
Fun fact...all of the Marlins no hitters have come against an NL West team. LOL I'm such a dummy for not putting that together! I know what pitchers threw the no-no's and what teams the Fish faced and I still didn't put it together that they are all in the West!
-
Andrew Miller
I am totally expecting miller to be halladay when he returns. You made me LOL in the middle of class.
-
Fight
Huh? What are they coaches somewhere? Galaraga retired a few years ago. Are you talking about the Cook who used to play for the Marlins? I'm sure he's retired by now too. They started a blench clearing incident in 1997. I believe that was Kevin Brown. And I'm not 100% it was Galaraga. Kevin had given up what is still the longest HR at Joe Robbie to Galaraga and then plunked someone. The batter charged the mound, Bobby Bonilla intercepted and tackled the guy, and the benches cleared. Is that the incident you are talking about? I was there but I'm a little hazy on the specifics. http://news.google.c...g=2126%2C182212 This happened in June of 1997. It's unlikely you'll find video of this on the Internet. Why don't you try emailing Rich & Tommy (do they still do that Tuesday thing)? Maybe they'll get curious themselves and dig it up. The original post was right. It was Dennis Cook that got charged. Nice call, and better memory than mine. Yeah, I did mean Dennis Cook but my memory isn't that good. I was 7 years old when this occurred, I just googled it looking for any video footage.
-
4/18 Post Game
I give Fish of the game a two way tie. Uggla and Robertson. I don't want to make a decision.
-
Fight
Huh? What are they coaches somewhere? Galaraga retired a few years ago. Are you talking about the Cook who used to play for the Marlins? I'm sure he's retired by now too. They started a blench clearing incident in 1997.