4/23 game cancelled?

kansukee

DVH would not shut up last night about how the 2010 season hadn't seen a rain out or postponement yet and that it was the longest into a season without one in 25 years. DVH even said that it was supposed to rain a lot in CO and not to blame him if one of the games gets rained out.

Well, you know what DVH, I am blaming you. Not only do you suck at your job at trying to paint a picture of the game for radio listeners by refusing to provide any details except for how each team's uniforms look, you called out the rain gods for not appearing yet in 2010 and invited them to ruin tonight's game (which wasn't even on tv anyway).

DAVE VAN HORNE SUCKS

you mean postponed? yeah

I hate it when people use cancelled and postponed interchangeably. They have two distinctly different meanings.

These TV rule are really insane. The Heat game was on 2 channels while the Marlins game was on none and the Rays game was on. Why are the Rays on down here and the Marlins aren't? That makes no sense. What do like 2 people watch the Rays? Who's the crackhead that agreed to this TV contract? They should've known there was a pretty good chance the Heat were gonna make the playoffs. So this "scheduling conflict" is BS.

I assume there's Marlins games on up there, which get much better ratings.:D:p

most likely game one wont because of fox rule of game starting before 7pm wont be on tv unless on fox network

For real???

As I said on the gamethread...game 1 won't be on because as miamibaseball said, it interferes with FOX game of the week. Maybe if we're lucky they might show some of Game 1, or something.

most likely game one wont because of fox rule of game starting before 7pm wont be on tv unless on fox network

For real???

As I said on the gamethread...game 1 won't be on because as miamibaseball said, it interferes with FOX game of the week. Maybe if we're lucky they might show some of Game 1, or something.

I think last year the same thing happened and they did show a little of game 1.

The postponed game is now part of a double-header on Saturday. Frisaro says:

Game 2 will be carried on Fox Sports Florida. But due to agreements with the national Fox Saturday game, Fox Sports Florida can't televise Game 1 in its entirety.

However, Fox Sports Florida plans on televising the first game while it is in progress, and it will come on the air at 7 p.m. ET.

So, it looks like we get about 1.3 games, which is better than just the originally scheduled game. An unintentional TV bonus.

All due to the fact that Coor's Field doesn't have a roof, retractable or otherwise on it. They must have discounted the possibility of icy rain in late April or bad weather at any time. Why anyone would build a stadium without a retractable roof is beyond me, it's not like it's a new concept, we're the 5th retractable.

Guest Guest

Average Denver rainfall during the bulk of the season is less than it is for most of the Northeastern cities with parks that don't have roofs. The only real concern would be the chance of snowfall in April. Denver weather patterns are unusual and sporadic but the city isn't constantly being drenched with rain.

I think a retractable roof there, considering the enormous extra costs that would have been required to build one, would be overkill. In addition to the costs, some cities refrain from building roofs because they can in some cases require a larger footprint for construction.

from joe capozzi on twitter ....

#Marlins TV plans for Saturday: FSN Florida will join game 1 in progress at 7pm (eastern) and carry game #2 as scheduled. about 13 hours ago via web

first game starts (Miami time) 5:10pm so we get to see a good amount of game with any luck

weather looks okay too. :thumbup

Sounds like they'll be lucky just to get the Sunday game in. I think it's the same forecast for tonight.

btw they also changed the time for Sun game from 3 to 5

I think you might want to check weather.com, looks to be clear skies for both games today, just check myself before posting above.

they probably moved sunday to give players extra time after DH. may be a mlbpa contract stipulation, just guessing.

Guest Guest

they probably moved sunday to give players extra time after DH. may be a mlbpa contract stipulation, just guessing.

They changed it because the Rockies have a memorial service before Sunday's game for Keli Mcgregor.

I can normally see the games that fall within the Fox window

Is that a UK thing or a MLB TV glitch?

UK thing plus other countries outside of the USA (And Canada I assume)

What often happens is that the video is as normal, however they put radio commentary onto the feed. I remember once, possibly a Marlins game at the Trop where the camera was at an atrocious angle so all you could see was home plate side-on so didn't really have any idea when the pitch was coming in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.