Everything posted by fauowls44
-
Cantonized
Not that list means anything, but leaving Zach Thomas off is an outrage. The fact that Jason Taylor is listed behind Merriman is a joke too.
-
Interesting article in the Palm Beach Post
How about the fact that Girardi is likely the reason that Josh Johnson is out until late 2008? The writer gives him a free pass for that I suppose? To me, that alone was a fireable offense. After the rain delay JJ had stiffness in his forearm. During ST he had nerve damage in his bicep... the forearm was fine. Now he has stiffness in his elbow... the forearm is fine. I don't know how anyone can make a connection to Girardi. If Beinfest / Loria honestly believe bringing back JJ after the rain delay was going to be detrimental to his career then they should ahve fired Girardi on the spot, kept JJ away from the mound and saved their multi-million asset. You can't say that there isn't a connection. He was fine before that game, and presumably was fine at the time of the rain delay. After he came back out he was hurt and went on the DL. As for the type of injury, once you injure something and continue pitching it can start to affect other areas. I'm no doctor, but i'm willing to bet the injuries are related.
-
Interesting article in the Palm Beach Post
How about the fact that Girardi is likely the reason that Josh Johnson is out until late 2008? The writer gives him a free pass for that I suppose? To me, that alone was a fireable offense.
-
Interesting article in the Palm Beach Post
He's probably right on most of his points, but the logic behind it is retarded. Uggla shouldn't be hitting 2nd. Neither should Amezaga. Their batting averages have zero to do with it. So last season Girardi was a genius for batting Uggla second, but Gonzalez isn't up to par because of it? You are right, the logic behind this is just dumb. Besides, Uggla's OPS is better than it was last year. You can argue that he is actually having a better season than last year. Certainly more productive. Although, I do agree that he is better suited hitting lower in the order. Also, Amezaga shouldn't even be in the lineup every day let alone batting 2nd. A manager's impact on the success or failure of a team is minimal. The reason Girardi looked so great last year had nothing to do with his winning personality or how he handled players. It was because he had Josh Johnson, Anibel Sanchez, and Ricky Nolasco healthy and pitching every fifth day. He had Dontrelle Willis not struggling with command. And he had Scott Olsen only fighting with teammates and not law enforcement.
-
Garnett to the Celtics
Basically, Duncan + any 2 players of those 9 is probably better than any other combo of 3 you could make. I think one could make the argument that Garnett is = to Duncan. If you put Duncan in Minnesota with Kevin Mchale and the goofballs running that organization for his entire career, I think that argument would be pretty damn easy. Do you think a Duncan led team misses the playoffs 3 straight years? I don't care who you put around him. Give Duncan Ricky Davis, Wally Szczerbiak, or Sam Cassell and they make the playoffs.
-
RIP Bill Robinson
Have the Marlins released a statement yet? They better have. There is a quote from Samson in the article on the Dodgers site... "The entire Florida Marlins organization is deeply saddened and shocked by the sudden loss of Bill Robinson," Marlins president David Samson said. "Not only was he a big part of the Florida Marlins 2003 World Series championship, he was a huge part of the entire Major League Baseball family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Mary, and his entire family."
-
Houston Designates Morgan Ensberg For Assignment
I never understood why Houston seemingly never gave this guy a chance to play full time, always splitting him with the Mike Lambs of the world. Someone might get a bargain here. I'd like the Marlins to take a chance on him if he'd be willing to fill the Boone/Helms role.
-
Possibly Evil Cat Predicts Death
Let's look at this more in depth: - The cat lives in a nursing home. Probably one of the most germ infested places on Earth. - Cats lick themselves clean. That is disgusting. - Cat curls up right next to a person who is 1. old and 2. very sick I think it is pretty obvious that the cat is not predicting a death...It's CAUSING a death. The cat really is evil.
-
D-Train quietly being shopped?
I agree that Dontrelle could bring a pretty good return at the deadline given the fact that most teams looking for pitching are actually seriously looking into Jose Contreras. I would definately put Willis out there and see if someone is willing to overpay.
-
New Official Panthers Board
I was going to signup but the link is not working.
-
Fredi Gonzalez is really annoying
IT'S THE SECOND f***ING INNING. YOU DO NOT BUNT IN THE SECOND f***ING INNING. THAT IS A WASTE OF A VALUABLE OUT. You took the words right out of my mouth. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER bunt in the 2nd inning unless the pitcher is up! If Olivo gets a hit in that spot, people are saying what a great move it was to bat Olivo 6th. Not that I would have him hitting 6th, but that is besides the point. All I can say is get well soon Hanley! Then this isn't an issue.
-
Beck signs 4 year, $2.25 million contract
I hope the rookies are man enough to practice anyway while their agents work out their contracts. Focus on football, learn your new offense, meet your team, be a stand up guy. We'll see who is willing to man up. They would have to be pretty stupid to start training camp without a contract. One wrong step and you blow out your knee and lose millions of dollars from your signing bonus. No good agent would allow a client to practice unsigned, nor should they. For most guys, this is their one shot to make money playing football professionally.
-
Price is Right
sh*t, I was hoping for the guy that does the DIE-A-BEAT-US commercials that they air constantly during the show. Wilford Brimley?? I love that guy. LOL Yeah, him. He'd be better than Bob himself. They could have had the Brimley's Beauties and not missed a beat...or at least it would have been just as creepy.
-
Price is Right
sh*t, I was hoping for the guy that does the DIE-A-BEAT-US commercials that they air constantly during the show. Wilford Brimley?? I love that guy. LOL
-
Price is Right
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796902...yId=14&cs=1 A good choice I suppose. Nobody can replace Bob, but Carey is a likeable guy. He should do a good job with the show. Thoughts?
-
Router question
buy one, if it fixes the problem, you're all set...if not return it and use the old one.
-
Florida Marlins vs. Cincinnati Reds 7/22 1:05
That looked really bad....paging Robert Andino....
-
Burn Notice
I've only seen one episode, but it was pretty good. It fits right in the USA lineup with Monk and Psych. I'll catch up with the rest of the episodes eventually.
-
Obermueller DFA to make way for RVH
Sad that the 2 best moves we have made all year involve removing players from the team Actually I think the 2 best moves have been the Gregg trade and the signing and call up of Justin Miller...but the removal of Wes from the roster is pretty good too! :blink:
-
ESPN's take on where A-Rod ends up
How about a one year $30mil contract deferred, so they pay him $1mil a year for the next thirty years. Someone get me Beinfest on the phone!
-
Chris Chambers charged with DWI
From my understanding of the Robert Hite story, he was legitimately innocent...but I'm pretty hazy on the details at this point, so who knows... And I'm in no way arguing against the importance of the charge. A DWI is a serious thing, and the Dolphins franchise needs to show that they won't be putting up with any of that. If we're going to keep sucking, we can at least take the high ground. Cam Cameron has been doing that for the most part--the Joey Porter signing being the one exception--and I'd like to see him keep at it. They cannot take a Fred Evans kind of stand with Chris Chambers. You can be all high and mighty with a backup defensive lineman and your fans will be thrilled with the team's morality. You do the same with one of your best (and only) offensive threats and your fans will revolt. Is it right? Of course not. But I guarentee you, Chris Chambers is not missing a game because of this. And I don't think he should...honestly, I didn't think Evans deserved to be released. Obviously, drinking and driving and cop-biting are serious and should be taken seriously by the legal system. But the Dolphins, like all pro sports teams, are in the business of winning games. Fans like to say things like, "I'd rather lose games than have that nutcase Ricky Williams on my team," but they are lying....fans want their teams to win games, plain and simple. Bengals fans still pack their stadium week after week, despite having 12 or so felons on the roster, because they have a good team. Dolphins fans would do the same as would every other city in America. The difference is that the Dolphins suck. I'm all for being wishy washy on suspensions when you're talking about a player who is going to put you over the top. But when you suck, you really ought to suck with some pride. Seriously. Give us Dolphins fans something to be proud of. When everyone else is pummelling us on the field, let us at least hold our heads high and pronounce platitudes about the moral high ground. Let us talk about how there are things that are more important than sports, and how we are proud that the Dolphins not only understand that principle but operate by that principle as well. As far as the Bengals, people show up because they have an exciting and competitive team. They are willing to overlook the 12 felons for that reason. But I can just about guarantee you if that team sucked like the Dolphins AND had 12 felons, it would hurt their attendance. People don't like to root for felons. It makes them feel like dirty hypocrites. You can get past that feeling when you're winning, but when you're losing, it becomes very easy to turn on your team. I'm sorry, but that is an awful argument. You can't take that stand unless you are willing to do it when the team is a Super Bowl contender. If you want to be a hardass when you suck, then it is even more important that you be a hardass when you are great. Otherwise what is the point? It's pretty much the exact same argument you made regarding Fred Evans and Chris Chambers. I could easily say if you want to be a hardass with mediocre players, then it is even more important that you be a hardass with players who are slightly better than mediocre. But I don't really believe that. The NFL is a business. The Dolphins are selling a brand. Winning is important, but so is image. The Dolphins--despite your charming optimism about Trent Green--can't have both this year, so they may as well sell image. My point about instilling the fans with a sense of pride is ultimately about making a buck. Give me a reason to wear my Dolphins shirt. It's okay if you disagree--maybe you think we have a shot at the Super Bowl this year. I don't think most people down here see it that way. I think you may misunderstand my argument a little here, though. I am not making a moral argument. Or at least that's not the crux of the thing. Yes, Chris Chambers deserves to be suspended, if the charges are true. It's a serious offense. Hopefully, someday society will get that. Hell, join me in the Ryder Trauma Center on a Saturday night and you'll see what I'm talking about pretty quickly. A game or two is perfectly reasonable. And, no, he's not Pacman Jones; he's been a pretty decent guy since he's been here. If it were Pacman, the suspension would be an automatic 4 games, if not more. But what he "deserves" is not what I'm really talking about here. I'm just talking about what would be the best for the Dolphins. If you think having Chris Chambers miss a game, means it will cost the Dolphins a win, I would suggest you're still drinking the Kool Aid on Chris Chambers. But fine. If you think it really matters to the fans whether the Dolphins win 6 games or 7 games, fine...I disagree, but fine. Or maybe you think the Dolphins are right on the cusp of the playoffs and we need all the Chris Chambers we can get. That's fine too. If I agreed with you on any of these points, I'd say don't suspend Chris Chambers. But I don't agree with any of that. I think the Dolphins have more to gain by selling image this time around. And that's pretty much all I have to say on this subject. First, I said my scenerio about the Dolphins was completely hypothetical. I don't think they'll be very good this year. Also, I am not at all sold that Chris Chambers is a #1 receiver. However, he is their best receiver and thus an important part of the offense. My point is that fans can say all they want that they want to be proud of their team and if you think that taking a hard line on players behavior accomplishes that, fine. I happen to think that it doesn't make one ounce of difference compared to what winning games does. Off the field behavior of players has basically zero impact on attendance, tv ratings, popularity of the league, etc. You say that they have more to gain by selling image at this point, but I disagree. They can only regain credibility with South Florida fans at this point is by winning football games. Anything else is just paying lip service to a very very small percentage of fans. The vast majority (and I'm talking 98% or more) want one thing and one thing only, no matter what else they say....a win on Sunday. Is this the right attitude? No, probably not from a societal standpoint. But it is the reality of the business. Now about DWI, I don't need to take a trip to a hospital to know what a serious offense it is. Drunk driving is irresponsible and dangerous and it is a crime for those reasons. I personally, don't drink at all, let alone get into a car drunk. But I certainly don't need the NFL or the Dolphins to demonstrate how wrong it is by suspending a player. Especially one who has never been a problem in the 6 years he's been in the league. Chris Chambers should be punished by the state of North Carolina for breaking the law, just as anyone else would. If their punishment is jail time and he must miss games because he is paying his debt to society, so be it. But as far as I know, a first offense will not warrant that, maybe a lawyer on the board can answer that for me. My guess is, he'll get some community service, apologize, do some anti-drinking and driving PSAs and move on.
-
Chris Chambers charged with DWI
From my understanding of the Robert Hite story, he was legitimately innocent...but I'm pretty hazy on the details at this point, so who knows... And I'm in no way arguing against the importance of the charge. A DWI is a serious thing, and the Dolphins franchise needs to show that they won't be putting up with any of that. If we're going to keep sucking, we can at least take the high ground. Cam Cameron has been doing that for the most part--the Joey Porter signing being the one exception--and I'd like to see him keep at it. They cannot take a Fred Evans kind of stand with Chris Chambers. You can be all high and mighty with a backup defensive lineman and your fans will be thrilled with the team's morality. You do the same with one of your best (and only) offensive threats and your fans will revolt. Is it right? Of course not. But I guarentee you, Chris Chambers is not missing a game because of this. And I don't think he should...honestly, I didn't think Evans deserved to be released. Obviously, drinking and driving and cop-biting are serious and should be taken seriously by the legal system. But the Dolphins, like all pro sports teams, are in the business of winning games. Fans like to say things like, "I'd rather lose games than have that nutcase Ricky Williams on my team," but they are lying....fans want their teams to win games, plain and simple. Bengals fans still pack their stadium week after week, despite having 12 or so felons on the roster, because they have a good team. Dolphins fans would do the same as would every other city in America. The difference is that the Dolphins suck. I'm all for being wishy washy on suspensions when you're talking about a player who is going to put you over the top. But when you suck, you really ought to suck with some pride. Seriously. Give us Dolphins fans something to be proud of. When everyone else is pummelling us on the field, let us at least hold our heads high and pronounce platitudes about the moral high ground. Let us talk about how there are things that are more important than sports, and how we are proud that the Dolphins not only understand that principle but operate by that principle as well. As far as the Bengals, people show up because they have an exciting and competitive team. They are willing to overlook the 12 felons for that reason. But I can just about guarantee you if that team sucked like the Dolphins AND had 12 felons, it would hurt their attendance. People don't like to root for felons. It makes them feel like dirty hypocrites. You can get past that feeling when you're winning, but when you're losing, it becomes very easy to turn on your team. I'm sorry, but that is an awful argument. You can't take that stand unless you are willing to do it when the team is a Super Bowl contender. If you want to be a hardass when you suck, then it is even more important that you be a hardass when you are great. Otherwise what is the point? Besides, what happens if (and this is completely hypothetical) it turns out that Trent Green is the best QB for the Dolphins and everything works out exactly right and the Dolphins are contending for a playoff spot in late Dec. They suspended Chris Chambers for the opening game and lose...they miss the playoffs by one game. You don't think there'll be more outrage? People down here will riot. Anyhow, you're talking about Chris Chambers...he's always been one of the good guys...what he did was moronic if true, but don't crucify him for one offense.
-
Chris Chambers charged with DWI
From my understanding of the Robert Hite story, he was legitimately innocent...but I'm pretty hazy on the details at this point, so who knows... And I'm in no way arguing against the importance of the charge. A DWI is a serious thing, and the Dolphins franchise needs to show that they won't be putting up with any of that. If we're going to keep sucking, we can at least take the high ground. Cam Cameron has been doing that for the most part--the Joey Porter signing being the one exception--and I'd like to see him keep at it. They cannot take a Fred Evans kind of stand with Chris Chambers. You can be all high and mighty with a backup defensive lineman and your fans will be thrilled with the team's morality. You do the same with one of your best (and only) offensive threats and your fans will revolt. Is it right? Of course not. But I guarentee you, Chris Chambers is not missing a game because of this. And I don't think he should...honestly, I didn't think Evans deserved to be released. Obviously, drinking and driving and cop-biting are serious and should be taken seriously by the legal system. But the Dolphins, like all pro sports teams, are in the business of winning games. Fans like to say things like, "I'd rather lose games than have that nutcase Ricky Williams on my team," but they are lying....fans want their teams to win games, plain and simple. Bengals fans still pack their stadium week after week, despite having 12 or so felons on the roster, because they have a good team. Dolphins fans would do the same as would every other city in America.
-
Chris Chambers charged with DWI
There's no way he's missing any time. He's been a model citizen for years and one stupid mistake shouldn't ruin that.
-
Samson: Ichiro contract will bring the sport down
I happen to agree with Samson on Ichiro not being worth $20 million. Of course he probably shouldn't be saying it on the radio, but I think he is right that it is just way too much money for a singles hitter.