ESPN's take on where A-Rod ends up

Last night as i walked into my room i walked into the conversation of A-rods situation in NY. Tim Kurkjian said that "6 months ago he thought A-rod would re-sign with the New York Yankees because they were the only ones who could afford him,6 weeks ago I thought he would opt out and test the market, and six days ago i thought that he'd sign with the Marlins who are working to get there stadium deal done". My quotes are def. not completely correct but thats basically what he said, b/c I walked in late(i had originally walked out but then ran in when i heard him mention hammer) I caught the end of him talking about the Marlins doing something with Willingham..So im guessing hes thinking because our payroll is as low as it is we could sign Alex and move Cabrera to left and prob. trade Willingham. I dont really know what to think about this, but this isnt the first time they've mentioned him moving to FLA(last year when we vsed the Yankees)what do you all think?

A-Rod merchandising would be huge.... ESPN may broadcast the Fish a bit more (not saying their love of NYY and Boston will ever fade) ... Yeah, you have to consider $30M a year for A-Rod versus the funding gap but I think it is a good investment

Funding gap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arod

I think it'd be good to sign him to a 1-2 year deal 30-32 million a year..if our team isn't doing very well or if our attendance isn't increasing to the point where its good to have him then we can trade him..right?

And also, didn't we do something similar with Delgado..we used stadium money to sign him?I remember something like that

I think it'd be good to sign him to a 1-2 year deal 30-32 million a year..if our team isn't doing very well or if our attendance isn't increasing to the point where its good to have him then we can trade him..right?

And also, didn't we do something similar with Delgado..we used stadium money to sign him?I remember something like that

They only paid delgado 4 million in the first year. It was all backloaded, and the mets are paying it now.

Giving Arod 60 million for two years would be a waste. Why not just pay the gap and have a stadium for 40 years, and competative teams for most of those seasons?

A-Rod merchandising would be huge.... ESPN may broadcast the Fish a bit more (not saying their love of NYY and Boston will ever fade) ... Yeah, you have to consider $30M a year for A-Rod versus the funding gap but I think it is a good investment

Funding gap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arod

I agree 100% with you

its just signing A-Rod brings many things to Florida. The Media, Fans, and of course his performance. What a lineup it would be just for a small simple price :whistle

Not that he will sign here, or that we would seek him.

But I really do wonder if he would give us a hometown discount. Obviously would still be huge, but mils' are mils'

But than again, Boras client.

Hometown discount? I dont think so. He wants to play somewhere where he can have a chance to win a world series, not play in front of 15,000 fans.