DO with his first Marlins win, thatta boy

Sea Bass with his first XBH hit too

Foxy was very good tonight too

Choi is the real deal, he has some sick power to LF, that wall doesnt scare him

Cabs with the game winning homer, that was sweet

Benitez is the man, I love this guy

DO with his first Marlins win, thatta boy

Sea Bass with his first XBH hit too

Fox looked dominant again too. That combination of Benitez and Fox is gonna be scary for opposing teams.

Choi has a lot of confidence right now - as he should. He is a great fit for this park, but let's not mail in the Cooperstown ballots yet. He is going to struggle from time to time, but he certainly is the real deal. He reminds me of...dare I say it...a young Raffy Palmeiro. The Cubs let him get away too...

Fox looked fantastic. He had problems locating his pitches after the K's - but I think that is because the crowd was juiced and so was he. Same goes for Benitez who looks very good out there and quite imposing.

Conine is struggling right now. Pressing too hard. I say let Nunez start in LF tomorrow - give the young guy a chance against Millwood. He is a switch hitter. Move Choi up into Conine's spot for one game. We already took the series, lets have some fun and get others involved. Castro should get a look tomorrow too. Beckett is going to bring fire.

This was a typical Oliver game. I expect this type of quality from him all year. The guy is a great athlete - he can hit and field. He is already an improvement, in my opinion, over Redman. Should have a solid season. Our starting 5 looks really, really good. And this is BEFORE AJ gets back...

This team is going to contend. The Phillies are as well but again, their starters ran out of gas in the fifth, sixth inning. Maybe a lack of conditioning?

Cabs had a little trouble with pulling homeruns I heard. I guess the homerun silences that thought.

Choi has a very fluid swing. And I want to see him get a chance to hit against some southpaws this year.

Luis turned in a very solid hitting performance today. Very good defense as well.

Lowell was well, Lowell as well as JP. Congrats to Mikey on the Stolen Base! (Who would've thought :lol )

AGON! Beautiful hitting today. Nice double and he had very good ab's.

Redmond was reliable as usual.

Conine is still suffering from the Sinus infection methinks. Tommorow is a good game to use Nunez. Get him a chance against some quality pitching.

Oliver=Great Fifth Starter. Its nice to have Hardthrower-Hardthrower-Southpaw-Hardthrower-Placement Southpaw Rotation with a Hardthrower on the way who may be better than them all!

What bullpen problems?

I'm curious to see how long it takes the media to figure out the Marlins are for real THIS year.....

This team has great starting pitching, a superb 1-2 punch at the top with juan and luis, mikey and miggy have power, and fox and benitez should do solid in the 8th and 9th this year.

This team is good enough to win this division and win 90+ games. They still OWN the Phillies it appears, wow, watch out......

This was a typical Oliver game. I expect this type of quality from him all year. The guy is a great athlete - he can hit and field. He is already an improvement, in my opinion, over Redman. Should have a solid season. Our starting 5 looks really, really good. And this is BEFORE AJ gets back...

he will be an improvement b/c hes a better fielder and hitter than redman. he brings all the other qualities that redman brought-a lefty change of pace starter that throws in the 80s(the perfect compliment to our other starters) and veteran leadership.

Choi has a lot of confidence right now - as he should. He is a great fit for this park, but let's not mail in the Cooperstown ballots yet. He is going to struggle from time to time, but he certainly is the real deal. He reminds me of...dare I say it...a young Raffy Palmeiro. The Cubs let him get away too...

He reminds me a lot of Palmeiro too.

I don't agree with you their, Redman is better than oliver, how soon people forget how good Redman was last year because he had a rough postseason. I mean the guy was our ace most of the year with an era under 3 until about August. That being said I believe Oliver will do fine until AJ comes back.

This team has great starting pitching, a superb 1-2 punch at the top with juan and luis, mikey and miggy have power, and fox and alfonseca should do solid in the 8th and 9th this year.

lol, Alfonseca. Benitez is a bit better than ol' 6 fingers. oops....I changed it to Benitez now....wow i'm dumb...

Guest Juanky

And for tonight's edition of Juanky's Stadium notes:

- I hate to start off on a negative note to such a nice win, but I am not really sold on DO. I mean, he pitched a decent game, but his fastball is iffy, and he doesn't have movement to come at a different angle from. But he is a severe fly ball pitcher, and the park should help that

- Some jealous Phils during the ceremony

- Speaking of the ceremony, it was P.I.M.P.

- Phillie fans suck

- Juanpy got his first RBI, kudos to him. Didn't have a good lead on the stolen base attempt, but I'm not worried.

- You know you suck when you can't throw out Mike Lowell on a steal attempt

- Luiy and Alex busting out. I like.

- Steve still not hitting well with runners on, but the rest of the team has started stepping up.

- Phils are starting to pitch around Mikey.

- Pitchers are starting to challenge Choi earlier in the count, which is probably wise since his patience will just lead to walks or nice hits, but when the mistake comes early and not late we see the effects.

- The Big Bad Korean hits homers early in the count, and gets base knocks late in counts.

- Big Red continues to be solid all ways around.

- I know Easley should get a start, but not tomorrow. Don't take Luiy out of his groove. But go ahead with sending Abe out for Steve, K-9 could use a breather.

- Why does the Phillie pen only seem to do well when donuts are on the line?

- Oliver throws lefty, but hits righty? Interesting. He also is a terrible bunter.

- Fox didn't throw a fastball at all to Burrell, which turned out well. He's been pitching alot better since Opening Day.

- The only reason Big Poppa gave up a hit today was because of one bad pitch, and that was after Rollins battled off quite a few. Don't be fooled by the baserunner, he was mowing them down again.

- Big Poppa hit 98 today! Woo!

- f*** that first base ump. I know I don't eat donuts, but it's the principle of the thing!

- The bats are on the verge of exploding in a big big way.

- In games Choi does something good at the plate, Miguel follows through. Best friends forever huh?

- The defense overall is still oozing awesomeness. No sign of missing pieces ;)

Guest Juanky

One more note:

- Isn't the team in road grey supposed to have the dominant back end of the pen? Did they switch bodies when they came to town or something? Whoops.

Even though its early right now Choi is something Lee isnt and that is clutch.

Lowell even though he isnt hitting homeruns like last year is really seeing the ball well and has one of the hottest bats in the lineup.

Our starters are doing incrediable all 5 started there seasons with quality starts.

JP and Luis need to have some good games together, the two of them on at the same time are one of our most dangerous wepons.

The bullpen is right now proving all their doubters wrong and Fox and Benitez are turning into an incrediable 1-2 punch, this is the 3rd staright night Benitez was pitching and he was still hitting 97 on the gun.

Overall I think this good start is defintley keeping the fans intrested and putting more butts in the seat.