What last night's game played under protest?

I dont think it would matter because the Umpire called a ground rule double right after Conine lifted his hands......if the umpire hadnt called and insisted it was fair then Conine could of gotten the ball , thrown it in and it would of only been a double....not a run....maybe i'm wrong though.

It would have only been a double if Niner had grabbed the ball. Bowa was just being Bowa. The ball went into an area of the field that was inaccessible and couldn?t be played.

That clearly needs to be defined at the new park. Probably just one of those things that somebody missed until now.

The problem is, there is no "ground rule double" if there is no ground rule to say what is out of play. If no rule was ever made, Bowa was justified in protesting - not as long as he did, but he did have a point.

As the announcers said, it was more a show to get his team fired up.

I think BBTN said that if there are no clear cut definition of home park GRD's, that there are universal GRD's that come into play...meaning that if the park doesn't cover something concerning GRD, an umpire can determine what can be a GRD and thats what the 2nd base umpire did when Niner put his arms up...Polanco did start to slow down right before touching 2nd,and the Phillies announcers said the 2nd base umpire did signal a GRD

From baseball-almanac.com

Rule 7.05:

7.05 Each runner including the batter runner may, without liability to be put out, advance-

(f) Two bases, if a fair ball bounces or is deflected into the stands outside the first or third base foul lines; or if it goes through or under a field fence, or through or under a scoreboard, or through or under shrubbery or vines on the fence; OR IF IT STICKS IN SUCH FENCE, scoreboard, shrubbery or vines;

CB park -- from my understanding -- has no published ground rules. (?) Given this and the clarity of the rule, any protest would seem to be a waste of time.