A few thoughts and a class move by Penny

:thumbup Very tough night, no energy by the team. Was is expected after a bitter series with the Phillies? Yes!

*What "I"(me) would like the Marlins to do "if" thing don't change

:thumbup trade AGonzalez and Trevor Hutchinson to the Expos for O Cabrera, will it happen? I doubt it unless the Expos feel they have no shot at resigning Orlando. The Marlins should jump at the chance to get Cabrera, its the a biggest weakess on the team that could hurt this team more this year than last year. reason? Very few clutch hitter on this team with Choi and the Kid(Miggy)still developing. A.Nunez could start before the season over. Which would give the Marlins 3 players without playing a full season at this level. Will see what happen, but another veteran bat is need for this club to get back where they were last season :hat

Is Niner done?

The love for this orginal Marlin runs deep and will be hard to accept. The fact is Niner is not getting any younger. Abe appears to have stop trying to prove in every at bat that he belong in the starting line-up. I wouldn't jump up and down if a change doesn't happen, but my question is...Is it time for a change?

Is Trevor Hutchinson this year D.Willis?

I believe Trevor will be in play, if no injuries take place and AJ return to forum in early June. The question is though do they trade Hutchinson with Pavano being a free agent at season end.

Penny did something very special he purchase a World Series ring for Tony Taylor. Class move by Penny :thumbup

Very tough night, no energy by the team. Was is expected after a bitter series with the Phillies? Yes!

*What "I"(me) would like the Marlins to do "if" thing don't change

:thumbup trade AGonzalez and Trevor Hutchinson to the Expos for O Cabrera, will it happen? I doubt it unless the Expos feel they have no shot at resigning Orlando. The Marlins should jump at the chance to get Cabrera, its the a biggest weakess on the team that could hurt this team more this year than last year. reason? Very few clutch hitter on this team with Choi and the Kid(Miggy)still developing. A.Nunez could start before the season over. Which would give the Marlins 3 players without playing a full season at this level. Will see what happen, but another veteran bat is need for this club to get back where they were last season :hat

Is Niner done?

The love for this orginal Marlin runs deep and will be hard to accept. The fact is Niner is not getting any younger. Abe appears to have stop trying to prove in very at bat that he belong in the starting line-up. I wouldn't jump up and down if this doesn't happen, but my question is....Is it time for a change?

:notworthy

Great post.

As always you raise some excellent points Edcanes.

The O Cabrera trade would be wonderful...but can we afford the $3M increase in salary. I would hope so since we have actually dropped payroll from last year.

And Niner....I'm afraid you are correct. He is not getting good swings on the ball. To his favor.....he is known to start slow...but this year is particularly slow. If he doesn't start catching on in the next month, then it will become much more of a concern.

Abe has shown nice patience and command of the strike zone in his last several at bats.

Nice post, but what was the "class move by Penny"?

I believe this is what Edcanes was going to mention...from the Sun-Sentinel:

Pitcher Brad Penny bought an alternate World Series ring for bullpen coach Tony Taylor, who has been with the organization for all but two of the franchise's 12 seasons.

I would love to get O.Cabrera. He is a good power hitting Shortstop with great range. Sea Bass has been really struggling at the plate.

But the question is how much does O.Cabrera want?

Conine has been starting the season horrible....i hope that infection is still bothing him because i dont want to believe that he is getting old. If he is getting old, we got to start Abe. Nunez out there but he hasnt proved anything yet at the big league level. Thats what i am worried about.

lets not get excited about Trevor Hutchinson

he is essentially Justin Wayne stuff-wise but he has a little bit of a deceptive delivery

His stuff must be at least a little better than Wayne's. I'm just assuming that because his K totals are much better. Unless it all can be attributed to delivery.

I'll be the first. Ove by many on this board. He would do worse offensively than A-Gon and not provide near the same range at SS.

Exactly but many see him as the messiah. BA ranks him as our 17th prospect and behind two guys who can play short but are not as old our as far up in the system. Valdez will never be a regular starter for a major league team unless that team is just absolutely desperate.

EDIT: Not to mention Valdez is only a year younger than Sea Bass.

Conine is going to silence his critics, starting tonight.

Book it.

And on that Cabrera thing, I'd jump at the chance to get him...but the only way we'd be able to keep him is if we get the stadium. IF we get the stadium there are some pretty damn attractive FA's, especially at SS (Renteria anyone?), so I don't see the need to give up a guy like Hutchinson AND Gonzalez for Cabrera, but who knows, I could be wrong...

Damn...Conine is done? What are you guys talking about? I expect better from some of you here.

Conine is starting slow. So what? Sure he is in his high 30's, but he still can play at a high level - as we saw last season. You dont degenerate that much in less than 6 months. Conine is struggling, but he got it going against the Phils. Give him time, but he should be platooned with Nunez right now because he too needs to play.

We dont need any more veteran bats! We got a loaded bench already with Easely down there who never smells the grass on the field.

Look, we are 11-5 right now. Our offense has been sluggish, but cmon, we are winning games and this team is just getting over the hump. Luis and JP have yet to surface and play to their expected levels - they arent doing badly, but they could be more effective. That takes time.

Miggy and Bok-Choi are still growing as hitters. We need to be patient with them.

You know what? I suggest something radical. Move Conine to #3 and put Miggy at 5. Miggs has not been agressive and people are pitching around him to get to Mikey. That is there mistake, but Miggy hasnt exactly been taking advantage of the situation. Conine in front of Mikey would help him as he would see more fastballs and be in a position to make contact to advance the runners. You could hit and run and get Conine's timing back while at the same time, giving Miggy a much less pressured situation to hit out of. That could generate some offense for us.

Damn...Conine is done? What are you guys talking about? I expect better from some of you here.

Conine is starting slow. So what? Sure he is in his high 30's, but he still can play at a high level - as we saw last season. You dont degenerate that much in less than 6 months. Conine is struggling, but he got it going against the Phils. Give him time, but he should be platooned with Nunez right now because he too needs to play.

We dont need any more veteran bats! We got a loaded bench already with Easely down there who never smells the grass on the field.

Look, we are 11-5 right now. Our offense has been sluggish, but cmon, we are winning games and this team is just getting over the hump. Luis and JP have yet to surface and play to their expected levels - they arent doing badly, but they could be more effective. That takes time.

Miggy and Bok-Choi are still growing as hitters. We need to be patient with them.

You know what? I suggest something radical. Move Conine to #3 and put Miggy at 5. Miggs has not been agressive and people are pitching around him to get to Mikey. That is there mistake, but Miggy hasnt exactly been taking advantage of the situation. Conine in front of Mikey would help him as he would see more fastballs and be in a position to make contact to advance the runners. You could hit and run and get Conine's timing back while at the same time, giving Miggy a much less pressured situation to hit out of. That could generate some offense for us.

I was gonna agree with you 100% until you said move Conine to 3rd.

That's a terrible idea. He's struggling, so base hits by JP and Louie will get wasted. Cabrera see's a lot of pitches per AB and his average is high so leave him where he is. He hasn't done anything wrong while hitting. (But his 'D' is terrible) How could you even think that? Move Conine to the 3. Jesus.