Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What a night!

Featured Replies

I never had such a great time at a Marlins game so far as I did tonight.

 

1) Mikey hits 2 homers.

2) We get to see 2 Padres get kicked out of the game.

3) We saw a Padres fan get owned by the Marlins fans.

 

We sat Fish Tank and there was this Padres fan that was being really stupid. Some guys made a sign that said "Loser" with an arrow pointing down at her. It was hilarious.

 

I had sign that said "We Ready! Go Fish!" and I was showing it off to the Padres fan. LOL What fun!

 

Batting practice was awesome. Josh looked out for us when a ball was coming our way.

 

I can't wait for next time...the 22nd vs. Arizona. Fish Tank once again!

Glad you had a great time MiRi. I bet that was a fun game to go to. Chizzle is the champ.

i can't believe how good the seats in the upper deck behind home plate are!!!

Glad u had fun, it looked like a real fun game... I'm going on May 21 to see Beckett pitch... that is if pitching rotation doesn't change...

You watch Big Choi and you have to know that in a year or two he's going to be bigger than Derrek Lee ever will be.

 

That triple impressed the heck out of me, and his eye at the plate is astounding for a kid with well less than 400 at bats. Power galore, if Bill Robinson can flatten out his swing a bit more (he swings up at the ball as opposed to the conventional "swing down" most successful MLB players employ), and with time, I say this guy is going to be huge.

 

Derrek Lee is never going to be better than he is right now, a .275-.280 hitter with HR power in crackerjack parks. Choi on the otherhand hasn't even gotten near what he can do. Under the right tutelege he's going to be a mainstay with the Marlins for years to come.

 

This may turn out to be Admin Beinfest's best trade ever.

 

I loved that sequence when Choi triples. Cabrera finally gets a hit, Nunez runs for him and Choi knocks him in. Here in front of us was the Marlins of the future.

 

Choi 324 career at bats, Cabrera 419 and Nunez with only 38. Wait until these guys have a thousand at bats under their belts.

 

And oh yeah, the game was great. no doughnuts, but a good game nonetheless.

i can't believe how good the seats in the upper deck behind home plate are!!!

 

I've been saying all along the upperdeck rules.

 

From inside first all the way around to just shy of third, it is just a fabulous view of the game. Plays unfold in front of you, because the angle is steeper you don't have to stand up every time there's some action (like downstairs in the boxes and terrace boxes) because the guy in front of you stood up.

 

I'm hoping the equivalent seats will be available in the new park.

I've never sat in upper deck... but the Fish Tank is where all the action is at! And it has an awesome veiw.

im spoiled, i have season tix in row 3 secdtion 150, when i had to sit in the power alley for game 4, i could barely tell what was happenning

 

geez, i'm a baby

I've never sat in upper deck... but the Fish Tank is where all the action is at! And it has an awesome veiw.

 

I never liked watching a game from the outfield because the players all have their backs to you.

 

That said I undestand the Fish Tank is alot of fun.

Yea, true. But it's so much fun to taunt the opposing outfielders... :lol

 

And JP is always throwing balls out to our section... :D

im spoiled, i have season tix in row 3 secdtion 150, when i had to sit in the power alley for game 4, i could barely tell what was happenning

 

geez, i'm a baby

 

Come up for an inning or two some night.

im spoiled, i have season tix in row 3 secdtion 150, when i had to sit in the power alley for game 4, i could barely tell what was happenning

 

geez, i'm a baby

 

Come up for an inning or two some night. sometimes i wander the club level and sit out there in the power alley, and sometimes i sit in the tank, but usually it isn't much longer than one or two innings

That triple impressed the heck out of me, and his eye at the plate is astounding for a kid with well less than 400 at bats. Power galore, if Bill Robinson can flatten out his swing a bit more (he swings up at the ball as opposed to the conventional "swing down" most successful MLB players employ), and with time, I say this guy is going to be huge.

I always took the Ted Williams approach to the swing. He said basically that it was better to swing with a slight uppercut (nothing too drastic now, but just a little bit) because you would want to meet the ball's downward angle with your bat's upward and sending it going in the upward angle your bat is producing. Hitting a fastball with the complete opposite direction it is coming it is symptoms for a 450 foot shot.

 

P.S. Fish Tank > All

That triple impressed the heck out of me, and his eye at the plate is astounding for a kid with well less than 400 at bats. Power galore, if Bill Robinson can flatten out his swing a bit more (he swings up at the ball as opposed to the conventional "swing down" most successful MLB players employ), and with time, I say this guy is going to be huge.

I always took the Ted Williams approach to the swing. He said basically that it was better to swing with a slight uppercut (nothing too drastic now, but just a little bit) because you would want to meet the ball's downward angle with your bat's upward and sending it going in the upward angle your bat is producing. Hitting a fastball with the complete opposite direction it is coming it is symptoms for a 450 foot shot.

 

P.S. Fish Tank > All

lol. I really am getting old.

 

I've always wanted to use this line and I think I have just the opportunity.

 

"I saw Ted Williams and let me tell you Hee Seop Choi is no Ted Williams".

 

Choi swings markedly upward, Robinson has been trying to flatten it out. Ultimately they may wind up with just what you described. Then I'd have to eat my words.

i sat in section 451 row 4

I was sitting 3rd row in FT tonite. Awesome view of the ball smoked by Choi. :thumbup

 

Can't beat it for 4 bucks! (Tix Holders)

I always sit between home and 1st base upper deck..... Best seats for me, i love it...

 

but if you can get in that area in the first few rows, your in heaven. Last game i was like 17 rows up...think letter J or something. Not bad...but lower upper is the best.

 

I agree with marlins....Ack to watching players backs. But I do wanna goto fish tank for a game this season.

Choi has really impressed me so far..I hope he stays consistent and gets more playing time over Cordero...I wasn't sure about Choi initially after the trade but I like what he has done so far and I am much more confident when he is up compared to Castro and Sea Bass combined...Wonder if drafting a SS prospect with glove and bat like an A-Rod or a Tejada will light a match under the Bass to hit or face the possibility of someday losing his job

I forget which game it was recently that the pitcher walked Mike Lowell when there were 2 on base because he wasn't worried about Choi hitting a home run but he did and it was a grandslam. Lol. I thought that was quite funny. :D

  • Author

Choi is the man!!! Mikey is the man!!! Pavs is the man!!!

 

 

I can't wait to go back to a game. I hope to catch a ball next time.

I forget which game it was recently that the pitcher walked Mike Lowell when there were 2 on base because he wasn't worried about Choi hitting a home run but he did and it was a grandslam. Lol. I thought that was quite funny. :D

Choi has not hit a grand slam for the Fish

 

and the Marlins havent hit a grand slam in 2 years

i can't believe how good the seats in the upper deck behind home plate are!!!

I agree. My season tickets are 4th row in the upper deck, just behind home plate. I love the view I have of the entire field.

 

Last night my kids asked me to get Fish Tank tickets. We enjoyed that quite a bit as well. Not because the view was better, but because the crowd was livelier.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.