Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What a night!

Featured Replies

3) We saw a Padres fan get owned by the Marlins fans.

Maybe this loser?

 

Link LMAO! She acts like the little victim, poor baby. She fails to mention that everytime the Padres struck someone out or got a hit she turned around and cheered and laughed at everyone in the section. I'm sure if she was just chillin and rooting for her team she wouldn't have been treated so badly. Also the fact that she had to be moved like 4 times because she kept trying to move up from the seat she was supposed to be in. :rolleyes:

That triple impressed the heck out of me, and his eye at the plate is astounding for a kid with well less than 400 at bats. Power galore, if Bill Robinson can flatten out his swing a bit more (he swings up at the ball as opposed to the conventional "swing down" most successful MLB players employ), and with time, I say this guy is going to be huge.

I always took the Ted Williams approach to the swing. He said basically that it was better to swing with a slight uppercut (nothing too drastic now, but just a little bit) because you would want to meet the ball's downward angle with your bat's upward and sending it going in the upward angle your bat is producing. Hitting a fastball with the complete opposite direction it is coming it is symptoms for a 450 foot shot.

 

P.S. Fish Tank > All

lol. I really am getting old.

 

I've always wanted to use this line and I think I have just the opportunity.

 

"I saw Ted Williams and let me tell you Hee Seop Choi is no Ted Williams".

 

Choi swings markedly upward, Robinson has been trying to flatten it out. Ultimately they may wind up with just what you described. Then I'd have to eat my words. Yeah, he's obviously no Teddy Ballgame (who I regrettably never got the chance to play but I did know him through my family). Obviously, his swing is too much of an uppercut, which is what leads to the high number of homers and Ks. But I still want to see a little upper cut when the swing is flattened out. Just a little bit.

3) We saw a Padres fan get owned by the Marlins fans.

Maybe this loser?

 

Link LMAO! She acts like the little victim, poor baby. She fails to mention that everytime the Padres struck someone out or got a hit she turned around and cheered and laughed at everyone in the section. I'm sure if she was just chillin and rooting for her team she wouldn't have been treated so badly. Also the fact that she had to be moved like 4 times because she kept trying to move up from the seat she was supposed to be in. :rolleyes: HA...thats pretty funny though that Miri had mentioned it earlier and now she just posted on that board. Believe me, going to home team's stadium and rootin for the away is tough to do. It's all in good fun though. If the Padres had been winning I guarentee she would be a jerk to everyone.

You watch Big Choi and you have to know that in a year or two he's going to be bigger than Derrek Lee ever will be.

 

That triple impressed the heck out of me, and his eye at the plate is astounding for a kid with well less than 400 at bats. Power galore, if Bill Robinson can flatten out his swing a bit more (he swings up at the ball as opposed to the conventional "swing down" most successful MLB players employ), and with time, I say this guy is going to be huge.

 

Derrek Lee is never going to be better than he is right now, a .275-.280 hitter with HR power in crackerjack parks. Choi on the otherhand hasn't even gotten near what he can do. Under the right tutelege he's going to be a mainstay with the Marlins for years to come.

 

This may turn out to be Admin Beinfest's best trade ever.

 

I loved that sequence when Choi triples. Cabrera finally gets a hit, Nunez runs for him and Choi knocks him in. Here in front of us was the Marlins of the future.

 

Choi 324 career at bats, Cabrera 419 and Nunez with only 38. Wait until these guys have a thousand at bats under their belts.

 

And oh yeah, the game was great. no doughnuts, but a good game nonetheless.

Agreed.

 

I think it was Kirkjian on BBTN earlier this year who said Choi's got a little Jon Olerud in his swing.

 

Like Cabrera, sooo good & yet still so young... :thumbup

  • Author

HA...thats pretty funny though that Miri had mentioned it earlier and now she just posted on that board. Believe me, going to home team's stadium and rootin for the away is tough to do. It's all in good fun though. If the Padres had been winning I guarentee she would be a jerk to everyone.

EXACTLY! Just wait til tomorrow when I post back to her. We saw her at Braves game and she was being just as bad too. Good thing that was the night we beat the Braves.

 

I have been to games at Turner Field and of course rooted for the Marlins and NEVER have I been treated badly. Why? Because I was respectful. If she would've acted respectfully, I am 100% sure she would've gotten treated better. But as soon as she arrived, she started flashing her stupid little "Fish Taco" sign and then it all started. The fact that she was taking people's seats wasn't helping either.

First of all this stuff about this Padres fan in the Fish Tank is absolutely hilarious. Great job FT fans !

 

Second, for you guys who don't know, San Deigo is home to the worst (or best depending on your point of view) heckler in the business - the one, the only, the famous "Harry the Heckler".

 

For someone from Sd to be complaining about us when they have heckling down as an artform is the height of hypocracy.

HA...thats pretty funny though that Miri had mentioned it earlier and now she just posted on that board. Believe me, going to home team's stadium and rootin for the away is tough to do. It's all in good fun though. If the Padres had been winning I guarentee she would be a jerk to everyone.

EXACTLY! Just wait til tomorrow when I post back to her. We saw her at Braves game and she was being just as bad too. Good thing that was the night we beat the Braves.

 

I have been to games at Turner Field and of course rooted for the Marlins and NEVER have I been treated badly. Why? Because I was respectful. If she would've acted respectfully, I am 100% sure she would've gotten treated better. But as soon as she arrived, she started flashing her stupid little "Fish Taco" sign and then it all started. The fact that she was taking people's seats wasn't helping either. I saw her too, and she was being a jerk. She also was taunting a group of guys that were yelling at Giles. I also registered to the site, and will post my comments tomorrow.

  • Author

Those guys were hilarious. They were the ones who put the sign on her. But she made it look like ALL they did was taunt her and they weren't. They were just having fun cheering for the team too.

 

Oh. I thought he did. Anyway, he hit a home run and we scored points. He did what that pitcher was afraid Lowell would do. I thought it was funny. :D

:D

3) We saw a Padres fan get owned by the Marlins fans.

Maybe this loser?

 

Link wow, that would fit the description 100%

 

grade A Idiot this fan is, clearly knows nothing about baseball

i can't believe how good the seats in the upper deck behind home plate are!!!

Those seats are awesome! I went to all four home World Series games in 1997 and I was in the upper deck directly above home plate. I loved it!

  • Author

I replied to her finally. Here's my post.

 

From: pudgefan81 3:10 pm

To: furcalchick unread (22 of 22)

 

5444.22 in reply to 5444.1

 

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Give respect and you shall get respect in return,"? Yep. That's one thing you did not seem to follow at the game Friday night. You come around on this message board and act like the poor victim when in reality, you weren't so innocent yourself. I was really close to you in the Fish Tank. I saw how you were acting. It's funny. As soon as you arrived, you started flashing your little "Fish Taco" sign around and then you expect to get good treatment? Sorry, hun. It is not going to happen that way, esp. here in Miami where people don't give a dang and will tell you stuff in your face. Pull that stuff at Wrigley Field and worse stuff will happen to you, that's for sure. I would hope you like beer because you have plenty of it spilled all over you. Look at Steve Bartman. And he was a Cubs fan for crying out loud!

I have been to Turner Field for Marlins/Braves games and the fans over there have treated me very well and yes, I was rooting for my hometeam, the Marlins...the World Champions.

 

Next time you go to a Marlins game and root for the visiting team, don't act so stupid and maybe you will get treated better. I have seen other fans act maturely and they weren't bothered. Hopefully, you will take my advice and you will have a better experience at Pro Player.

 

Oh, and on your "bandwagon fans" comment, a lot of those fans around you are season ticket holders, FYI. You should come visit us at www.marlinsbaseball.com and you will meet some REAL Marlins fans (myself included).

 

Oh yea....and next time, make sure you stick to sitting in the seat you actually bought.

 

Link

lol yeah

 

she felt really stupid because she knew it was true so she was like "uhh uhh i'm sorry!"

 

haha

glad u did

 

i'm sure she thought she would get away with telling her side of the story and having everyone feel bad for her

  • Author

I am not going to let someone make us Marlins fans look bad. Now that's for sure.

I replied to her finally. Here's my post.

 

From:? pudgefan81? 3:10 pm?

To:? furcalchick unread? (22 of 22)?

 

? 5444.22 in reply to 5444.1?

 

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Give respect and you shall get respect in return,"? Yep. That's one thing you did not seem to follow at the game Friday night. You come around on this message board and act like the poor victim when in reality, you weren't so innocent yourself. I was really close to you in the Fish Tank. I saw how you were acting. It's funny. As soon as you arrived, you started flashing your little "Fish Taco" sign around and then you expect to get good treatment? Sorry, hun. It is not going to happen that way, esp. here in Miami where people don't give a dang and will tell you stuff in your face. Pull that stuff at Wrigley Field and worse stuff will happen to you, that's for sure. I would hope you like beer because you have plenty of it spilled all over you. Look at Steve Bartman. And he was a Cubs fan for crying out loud!

I have been to Turner Field for Marlins/Braves games and the fans over there have treated me very well and yes, I was rooting for my hometeam, the Marlins...the World Champions.

 

Next time you go to a Marlins game and root for the visiting team, don't act so stupid and maybe you will get treated better. I have seen other fans act maturely and they weren't bothered. Hopefully, you will take my advice and you will have a better experience at Pro Player.

 

Oh, and on your "bandwagon fans" comment, a lot of those fans around you are season ticket holders, FYI. You should come visit us at www.marlinsbaseball.com and you will meet some REAL Marlins fans (myself included).

 

Oh yea....and next time, make sure you stick to sitting in the seat you actually bought.

 

Link You go girl! :thumbup

 

 

you deserve a BIG :notworthy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.