Well I did it....

Ramp

for the first time in my life I left the Marlins game early..... this lack of offense was killing me....

anyway here are some ideas for Trader:

Alex cant hit worth a lick, Damion Easley MUST START

Niner cant hit for his life right now, give Abe or Lenny MORE STARTS

please put Castillo down in the lineup orDONT PLAY HIM AT ALL VS RIGHTIES... he is hurt, put his ass on the DL, i cant stand his lame ass attempts when up there hitting lefty

oh and clal up Willingham or Treanor PLEASE.... Ramon Castro is a waste of a roster spot and he flat out sucks in all facets of the game right now

/end rant

Guest Moneyball

for the first time in my life I left the Marlins game early..... this lack of offense was killing me....

i've done that only twice EVER! i felt like such a bandwagoner when i left.

Aww. Don't feel too bad.

I've only left early once.....and that was when it was late on a school night, and I needed to get my son home.

But I feel your pain. The team's struggles are tough to watch right now. We need someone to step up and take a leadership position. Who is it going to be? You would hope it would be Conine....but he doesn't seem inclined.

Guest Moneyball

i noticed this today, last year may was a difficult month with some of the teams we played, but june was a weak month with our and the marlins got on a roll and this june is a weak month on the schedule....

*wink wink wink*

For the record I've never left a game early, granted the Marlins have one like 80% of all the games I've ever attended (someone buy me season tickets, I'm good luck!).

With that said, I completely agree. My main man, El Dictator, is a LOT harder to defend than my other boy D-Lee was. Derrek's numbers spoke for him, and I'm affraid Ramon's do, too.

Keep Castillo in though. Be fair to a two-time All-Star.

Split Gonzalez and Easely with the playing time and on and off, play the hot bat.

Abe needs to get in there and show what he can do more often than he is now.

And knowing Jack, he's gonna give Sutton a ledgit shot to show what he can do... Maybe tomorrow is that night, considering I bet a lot of other reserves will be in the lineup, too.

Guest Juanky

Don't worry Ramp, I've left two games in my entire life early. One because my aunt left the stadium to get something from her car and didn't know she couldn't get back in, and the other time because everyone else had to leave and I didn't have enough money for a cab.

I've never left a game early, I consider that punishing myself.

I've never left a game of anything early in fact.....

My idea of the ultimate diss is booing my own players, something i've only done twice at white sox games (once greg norton after his 4th error of the game several years ago and once the sox team after they were shut out 1-0 by the tigers last season).

I was thinking today as I read through the lineup that Jack is succumbing to some player's egos. Before you kill me for saying this, I must say that this is probably false, as Jack doesn't give a s*** about egos, he compensantes whoever has the hot hand. But I can't find any other reason why Jack would be playing Castro....I hate this guy, he's horrible, we deserve someone decent at least! As for AGon, he's the one who motivates my comments. As I've said before, I'll be pleased with a .250 from this guy, but .190 something doesn't cut it no matter how good your glove is! I don't care if he's our starter, I don't care what he's earning, I simply DON'T CARE. We need OPTIONS right now, and for the first time in the season, I'd support Jack if he starts Easley for a couple of games and see how that goes. Same goes with Niner, let's play ABE. We have a deep bench, let's take advantage of it and let our struggling players figure things out on the bench! :mad : :mad : :mad :

so much for castro being useful this year.

look last year he was put in opportunities to succeed and he swings for the fences constantly.

he sucks.

a college catcher would be better.

sea bass as much as i like him....needs to figure something out.

but i think luis is the bigger problem right now. he is EXPECTED to hit..he isnt.

sea bass isnt.

if he can hit .200 and call a good game.....i'll take him.

Funny you bring that up......

I wanted to mention the fact that in addition to the problems Castro has had hitting, I also have not liked the way he's called games behind the plate by what I've seen.

Do I have a point here, or am I just being stupid like I often am?

I was also getting very frustrated about the lack of offensive production today, but I didnt leave the TV. I sat their the entire time and watched it until the final out I have also never left a game early (that includes game 4 of the 2003 NLCS). I just hope that the bats come alive and stop putting us all through so much stress. I think Easley and Gonzo should definently platoon and as for Castro I tried so hard to remain optimistic about him but I have had enough and want him either on the bench or in AAA. Red has made it clear that he isnt a starter so I say we call somebody up(Willingham (sp)Hutchinson) and let them platoon with him.

Easley = 6 Walks in 35 AB's...

Gonzo = 4 Walks in 122 AB's...

Easley seems hungry to play.

Time to give him a chance as he could either start for the slumping Gonzalez, or the slumping Castillo.

My preference would be to put him playing SS, batting 2nd, and let Castillo hit 6th or 7th.

if he can hit .200 and call a good game.....i'll take him.

Funny you bring that up......

I wanted to mention the fact that in addition to the problems Castro has had hitting, I also have not liked the way he's called games behind the plate by what I've seen.

Do I have a point here, or am I just being stupid like I often am? i dont liek the way he does anything.

but then again thats just me.

i cant get over this s***

is our lineup really this bad or are we just in a GINORMOUS slump?

Top-down we have a more talented lineup than last May.

That may be the problem.

We may rely too much of all of our batters to perform instead of 3 or 4 at a time last year.