Cup Banger

phoenix

I was at the game on Thursday when Josias Manzanillo came up to the mound.

What I saw next, I couldn't believe with my own eyes.

He started banging his cup with the baseball. And I mean hard! Then he hit himself on the side of the head a couple of times before he pitched.

What is with this guy? Does he have an ill-fitting cup?

The same thing happened yesterday while I was watching at home. To their credit, Len and Tommy said nothing. A camera man was on him the whole time he was on the mound and he did the same thing.

?????

:o

An addition- when the inning is over, he runs back to the dugout like he's got diarrhea! :banghead

I had the feeling after his first outing that he'd stick with this team. Even if his ERA was 5.00+, he attacks hitters, throws strikes and acts like a veteran out there. Jack wil take that 5.00ERA over a a similar ERA from Bump, Wayne, Neu or Howard anyday.

The bottom line is we will not have a slew of guys in the pen that close out teams every time. What we do need is a bunch of guys that can leave bad outings and move on to the next appearance ready to go and not shy to challenge hitters.

Guest FishFanInPA

Yeah, put his quirks aside for a second but he's been solid as could be so far this season. I mean im not exactly expecting lights out from him but so far he's come in and shut down the opposition.

his current stats are 4.1 innings pitched and 0.00 era. He's given up 2 hits and opponents are batting .143 against him.

Were Bump, Phelps, Wayne and the other demoted bullpen pitchers so bad that a guy who was just signed 30 days ago to a minor-league contract can outperform them?

his current stats are 4.1 innings pitched and 0.00 era. He's given up 2 hits and opponents are batting .143 against him.

Were Bump, Phelps, Wayne and the other demoted bullpen pitchers so bad that a guy who was just signed 30 days ago to a minor-league contract can outperform them?

My Opinion not withstanding, I think that Bump and Phelps were given the boot because out of the bullpen means just that- you've got to be ready to throw your best stuff with a minimum of prep time. Phelps and Bump just weren't doing the job. In all fairness, I don't think Wayne was seen enough to give an accurate summation.

I think Wayne just got caught in the flotsam.