Top 25 Sports Movies

g8trz2003

this was probably already a thread, but I hadnt watched the top 25 until recently.

WTF is Bend It Like Beckham doing on there? Not only is it on the top 25, but it's ranked higher than Rudy! WHAT THE HELL! Rudy should be top 10 easy, but is #24 (Beckham being 22). Then they have awesome "sports" movies such as Searching For Bobby Fisher (isn't that about chess?) and Color of Money (when did pool hustling become a sport?). No Happy Gilmore, which sucks. I was getting really scared that Hoosiers would not make the list (I mean, hey if Bend It Like Beckham, Color of Money, etc. are on there, who knows what the hell else will be wrong with this list), fortunately it was ranked #1.

Another good movie that missed out was The Babe starring John Goodman.

BEND IT LIKE F*CKING BECKHAM! WHAT THE CRAP!

how are chess and billiards sports btw?

Oh and another beef...they put movies into the top 25 list, and half the description of the movies are people talking about what was WRONG with the movie.

Those two sports comedian brothers (forget their names) were funny though.

Field of Dreams definitely should be in there (which they were). Rudy was amazing. Mostly, Rudy is good because it isn't like every football movie with these massive hits where people bounce off the runningback and do somersaults in the air (like Replacements, Titans, Varsity Blues, etc.). It's very unrealistic, but directors feel the need to make football into a game of unrealistic hits and bonecrushing sound effects. Those are all well and good....if the movie lacks substance. Rudy had plenty of substance. Awesome movie, even though me no like Notre Dame.

Actually, speaking of Varsity Blues...I like that movie actually...it's a hell of a lot better than about 1/3 of the movies on that list.

Guest marlins02

i couldnt believe Bend it like Becham was on there either. i also cant believe that Rocky wasnt on there. The Babe with John Goodman was one that also deserved a spot.

Guest marlins02

i also have a problem with the headlines. my problem is the fact that they put the ripken streak ahead of the '94 strike. the streak was an amazing thing and it definetly was important to the game after the strike but its taken baseball almost a decade to recover after the strike. its a negative story but its more important to me than the streak.

If CaddyShack was on, their is no reason to hold Slapshot off. Paul Newman was the man in that movie.

438343[/snapback]

I know, I was like WTF when I saw "Bend it Like Beckham" on that list. Slapshot is one of the best hockey movies ever. And Miracle, though it was biased against the Russians (overplayed the "Evil Russians" a little too much as unsportsmanlike ogres) but it represented a telling time in US history. The Miracle gave the country a boost that it hadn't seen in decades.

Miracle was alright for me. I've seen the news stories and the Sportscenturies on the event, so it felt like I was just watching those things all over again. Still a good movie though.

Hoosiers = Great Movie

Varsity Blues = Great Movie

Field of Dreams = :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Yeah, I wouldn't consider them a sport, you sit on your ass for gods sake.

But chess is fun even though I suck at it.

Anyways, I forgot about "Remember the Titans" that movie is kickass.

438607[/snapback]

I was kidding about Chess being fun. :mischief