1st Base

Mephisto

Im glad that putting Easley at 1b finally came back and cost us the game. I dont care what he did at the plate, he still let down the team on a routine grounder to 1st.

446163[/snapback]

wasnt his fault.pavano had many chances after that with 2 outs to get out of it.if ur that gutless to give in after an error then u shouldnt be a pitcher

Im glad that putting Easley at 1b finally came back and cost us the game. I dont care what he did at the plate, he still let down the team on a routine grounder to 1st.

446163[/snapback]

well the inning should have being over right there. Pavano had to also work through the bad read in the OF from Willingham which he did, but he can only do some much. With the Easley error I believe he had to face the pirates best hitters, and he didnt have his best stuff thats when the Defense has to step and do their best not to mess up.

446163[/snapback]

wasnt his fault.pavano had many chances after that with 2 outs to get out of it.if ur that gutless to give in after an error then u shouldnt be a pitcher

446177[/snapback]

2-1

446163[/snapback]

446177[/snapback]

wasn't his fault? You wearing clown shoes or something?

there were two outs. Easley makes that simple play and two runs don't score.

446163[/snapback]

446177[/snapback]

wasn't his fault? You wearing clown shoes or something?

there were two outs. Easley makes that simple play and two runs don't score.

446197[/snapback]

*three runs don't score.

Guest Juanky

easleys's error

cabrera being waved home from first

pierre's bad bunt/caught stealing in the ninth

all big mistakes

446204[/snapback]

Add the ridiculous floating strike zone to that list

Guest Juanky

easleys's error

all big mistakes

446204[/snapback]

446557[/snapback]

people blame the umps too much.

446562[/snapback]

Yeah, when Juanpy has issues with the strike zone, you know there's problems.

easleys's error

all big mistakes

446204[/snapback]

446557[/snapback]

people blame the umps too much.

446562[/snapback]

Yeah, when Juanpy has issues with the strike zone, you know there's problems.

446574[/snapback]

Maybe so. I couldn't watch the game so I'll take your word for it but after just about every loss people say something about the umps(usually Cape).

After seeing the highlights, here is what I think:

Pavano got ripped off. That should have been strike 3 and we leave that inning with a 2-1 lead. Easely doesnt make the error either. That said, we aint the Cubs. Gotta suck it up and close it down.

Easely should not have struck out on a called strike. That pitch was very low and inside - so much so that it makes one wonder why the Pavano pitch earlier was not called a strike.

Umps have been killing us of late. Against the D Rays too, for example. But when you are struggling, that seems to happen - and when you win, it goes your way. So I dont blame the umps, but they sure arent helping either. Or even being neutral.

Which makes me wonder, how can someone be 'good' at being 'neutral'? Hmm... :blink:

Pavano did get screwed on the strike zone last night, no argument there.... but he still walked two guys & hit a batter in one inning.

But once again Choi sits against a lefthander and McKeon's throwing guys all over the place defensively. I like the fact that Easley's getting some playing time, but why at the expense of one of our best hitters?

Maybe the most frustrating game I've watched lately.... really thought they were going to win it.

Guest Juanky

Not just one of our best hitters. Everytime Easley is in the game at first you realize soon how underrated at defense Choi is by the people here. Choi makes that play yesterday by himself, and if we had seen Tuesday's lineup the damage might have been greater than 3 measley runs.

y dont we just keep choi in the lineup against leftys ????makes no sense you dont see other teams taking out one of their hottest hitter if not the hottest to put in a journey man who is a terrible fielder and has ht good in the past couple games