Heat working on Shaq deal...

jonnylons

this has been posted but anyways ESPN will be reporting on the 1am sportcenter why shaq wont be heating it up in Miami. so it seems talks have broken off or the heat dont want shaq.

448192[/snapback]

yup like i said. i also read that the lakers wanted wade but the heat refuse to give him up.. gj heat!

This would be so damn stupid. Shaq is getting old and he's fat. He only has a few good years left in him. Yes, he's dominant right now, and yes, you play to win RIGHT NOW, but for a future franchise player who could be the next KG? I would really hate this deal until we see the results.

ESPN is not the most reliable source. They hate all that is Miami sports, so I wouldn't buy into their story. Shaq to Miami is valid until Riley or Van Gundy come out and say otherwise.

448218[/snapback]

no its not. since it was espn in the first place that reported the heat even talking to shaq. im glad this is falling i apart. i dont want to lose odom and shaq is gettin old and to injury prone.and if shaq misses time injured this team cant win with wade alone

ESPN is not the most reliable source. They hate all that is Miami sports, so I wouldn't buy into their story. Shaq to Miami is valid until Riley or Van Gundy come out and say otherwise.

448218[/snapback]

no its not. since it was espn in the first place that reported the heat even talking to shaq. im glad this is falling i apart. i dont want to lose odom and shaq is gettin old and to injury prone.and if shaq misses time injured this team cant win with wade alone

448222[/snapback]

I dont agree. I would love to see Shaq playing for the Heat. Then that would open up alot of cap space, since Odom and EJ would be leaving. And we could sign a decent PF.

448218[/snapback]

448222[/snapback]

I dont agree. I would love to see Shaq playing for the Heat. Then that would open up alot of cap space, since Odom and EJ would be leaving. And we could sign a decent PF.

448236[/snapback]

Shaq makes what $30 million a year, how would that free up cap space?

448218[/snapback]

448222[/snapback]

448236[/snapback]

Shaq makes what $30 million a year, how would that free up cap space?

448272[/snapback]

thats what im trying to explain to him. we wont free up anything cuz the whole point we are giving up all these players is to match shaqs 30 mill contract. we will not have any money until he is gone

Shaq is going to count $27M against the cap. There is no wiggle room for the Heat if they make this deal. They even risk losing him after this coming season. Which would be a blessing too as we would be free to sign another big time player. But if that were the case, I would rather just stick with Odom.

I think this deal is going to be very complicated. I also think the Lakers are going to have to take this in the butt and probably not get as much as they would like due to Shaq's huge contract.

Shaq is going to count $27M against the cap. There is no wiggle room for the Heat if they make this deal. They even risk losing him after this coming season. Which would be a blessing too as we would be free to sign another big time player. But if that were the case, I would rather just stick with Odom.

I think this deal is going to be very complicated. I also think the Lakers are going to have to take this in the butt and probably not get as much as they would like due to Shaq's huge contract.

449655[/snapback]

the lakers dont have to trade shaq.

they can just deal with him next year i guess.

as it stands right now....unless they get a franchise player back in return....no deal.

good luck.

ps....if shaq is traded for salary cap junk...it will be to the east.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.