Gammons on Walker

Ramp

Guest Juanky

I just heard the Marlins were involved in a three way trade that would be moving Randy Johnson.....anyone know the details of this?

This makes me nervous if Conine is still involved...no way can we trade him, he's carried us over the past week.

I took the "keep Conine" movement to a grass-roots level, e-mailing David Samson (who does actually respond)...here's what I said:

Mr. Samson,

As a season-ticket holder and a devoted fan, the recent news that the Marlins are contemplating trading Jeff Conine alarms me. Admin Walker, the player who is most linked with Conine's departure, does not strike me as a convincing upgrade when one considers injury history, as well as track record for second half success. I hope that the right decision is made and that Jeff Conine is given a chance to retire in a Marlins uniform...as he deserves. Also, I am not alone in this view...visit www.marlinbaseball.com to see the growing "keep Conine movement."

Thank you for listening

e-mail him: dsamson@flamarlins.com

KEEP CONINE!!!!

I just heard the Marlins were involved in a three way trade that would be moving Randy Johnson.....anyone know the details of this?

481886[/snapback]

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...showtopic=25997

481891[/snapback]

Gammons mentioned that the three teams involved in the RJ sweepstakes (Yanks, Anaheim, Dodgers) are trying to coordinate with the Marlins for a 3-way deal. if i had to guess, i'd say the situation is that everyone knows the D-Backs are interested in Stokes and Murphy, and now that the Finley deal is off of the table, they're hoping to leverage that interest into an RJ deal. the reason it makes sense is that the DBacks are not interested in A) dumping salary or B) short-term, older players (they're really only looking for prospects), but that is exactily what the Marlins want.

I wouldn't think the dodgers or angels would need us to get the Johnson deal done. Their farm systems are loaded.

481908[/snapback]

no, likely not....but involving the Fish allows them to keep some prospects and trade some older players (i.e., Guillen, Brendan Donnelly) instead.

he says as of noon today, the Marlins and Rox were $1mil and 1 relief pitcher away from making the deal

not sure what that means but there's the scoop

481873[/snapback]

He also said the trade will involve Conine.

I guess the trade will be Conine + reliever for Admin Walker.

I wouldn't think the dodgers or angels would need us to get the Johnson deal done.? Their farm systems are loaded.

481908[/snapback]

no, likely not....but involving the Fish allows them to keep some prospects and trade some older players (i.e., Guillen, Brendan Donnelly) instead.

481922[/snapback]

you may be right. Donnelly or Mota would be awesome.

I've got two words for ya! Jason Kendal! :dkdance

481903[/snapback]

i'd be happy with Lo Duca

would be great if we could get Walker PLUS a catcher PLUS keeping Conine :D

yeah i know i'm dreamer.

PLUS Contreras PLUS keeping Penny...

any move would be great beacuse that means our FO is taking a step in the right direction. As for lo duca i dont know about him usually hasa second half slump. Guillen i think is the perfect fit for us has good power average. Walker is great i think it would be good fit. but bringing him on would make cabrera go to left where hes not comfortable

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.