Cabrera must be moved to first base

CapeFish

no, you move cabrera to left. and if you doubt his performance, see how he played there last year

487471[/snapback]

2003: 3 Errors in 55 games in left.

487477[/snapback]

That's an error every 18 games..not THAT bad.

487480[/snapback]

Enc had 0 errors in 2003's RF, Conine had 0 errors in LF in the 2003 season.

no, you move cabrera to left. and if you doubt his performance, see how he played there last year

487471[/snapback]

2003: 3 Errors in 55 games in left.

487477[/snapback]

That's an error every 18 games..not THAT bad.

487480[/snapback]

Enc had 0 errors in 2003's RF, Conine had 0 errors in LF in the 2003 season.

487486[/snapback]

Your right, Conine had 0 errors in 31 games...oh boy, that's just amazing /sarcasm off

Has Cabs EVER played first? And what makes you think he'd play better there? He'd have to learn a new position AGAIN, instead of continuing to work on this one.

487521[/snapback]

First and third are very similar except in reverse. It is harder to move from 3B to LF than 3B to 1B.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Has Cabs EVER played first? And what makes you think he'd play better there? He'd have to learn a new position AGAIN, instead of continuing to work on this one.

487521[/snapback]

i agree this is a REALLY young kid. we can't be moving him to a new position every few months. he'll do well in left field, and conine is a proven hand at first. i think we'll do excellently with that encarnacion/rf cabrera/lf conine/1b setup.

Encarnacion rejoins the Marlins, where he was initially obtained in July 2002 from the Reds. With Encarnacion's return, Miguel Cabrera could move either to left field or replace Choi at first base. Jeff Conine, the regular left fielder, is another first base option.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...s_fla&fext=.jsp

487536[/snapback]

They've already made their decision and said Cabs wont play 1st earlier.

I agree that Cabs is not a great Right Fielder, but he's above average as a left fielder. Putting him at first at this juncture would be asking waaaaaayyyyy toooo much. He's a kid still and you can't just keep moving him from one place to the next like this. I don't believe he's ever played first base so thats another strike against this plan. Now maybe this off season you move Lowell to first and Cabs to third I would listen. Lowell could be the next Thome at first.

His bad play just cost us two runs! First is fine for him, leave Conine in left, put Enc in right and we are set.

487465[/snapback]

You don't put him at 1st, you put him in LF. There is a large difference between LF and RF, Cabs arm is far superior to Niners and it would be a total WASTE to put him at 1st. Why do you want him to play first when Cabs showed all of us last year that he is a very good left fielder. RF is LOT tougher than LF and this is why the transition from LF to RF has been so tough for Cabs this year, it's good to see him going back to LF and I don't even think Jack will consider sticking him at 1st.

Cabrera will not be moved back into the infield unless someone gets injured like what happened to Mike towards the end of last season, period.

His bad play just cost us two runs! First is fine for him, leave Conine in left, put Enc in right and we are set.

487465[/snapback]

Cabrera has never played 1B, I would prefer Easley. Conine goes to 1B, Cabrera moves to LF and Encarnacion (Oh god, why him!) goes to RF. Why are we discussing this again? :blink:

487465[/snapback]

You don't put him at 1st, you put him in LF. There is a large difference between LF and RF, Cabs arm is far superior to Niners and it would be a total WASTE to put him at 1st. Why do you want him to play first when Cabs showed all of us last year that he is a very good left fielder. RF is LOT tougher than LF and this is why the transition from LF to RF has been so tough for Cabs this year, it's good to see him going back to LF and I don't even think Jack will consider sticking him at 1st.

Cabrera will not be moved back into the infield unless someone gets injured like what happened to Mike towards the end of last season, period.

488219[/snapback]

I agree. Kind of like a Baseball "Peter Principle:" if a guy does well in a position, move him up to another position so he can fail.

God Bless Cabs. He's gifted. But, watching him all season in RF, he looks like a fat ass and I can't imagine him anywhere in the infield. (Came up as a SS, did well at 3B in the Minors, brought up when Mike was injured, switched to OF when Mike came back...)

The kid has been a trooper. A gamer. Willing to play anywhere as long as he can play.

At this point I'd rather see him as DH. If that's not a viable alternative, then LF.

cabs will be awsome at LF for a few reasons

1. most RF are left handed hes not most LF are righty.

2. He can react better to the ball

3. we/he has a better chance at holdng runners on 3rd on sacrifice or with a runner on second

we'll see tonight

cabs will be awsome at LF for a few reasons

1. most RF are left handed hes not most LF are righty.

2. He can react better to the ball

3. we/he has a better chance at holdng runners on 3rd on sacrifice or with a runner on second

we'll see today

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.