Josh and Penny's locker

Ang

Shortly after Brad Penny cleaned out his oversized locker in the Marlins clubhouse Friday, pitcher Josh Beckett moved in.

But his stay was a short one. When the Marlins came off the field after that night's game, a number of the team's veterans, led by Mike Lowell and Carl Pavano, let Beckett know that, with fewer than three seasons in the majors, he hadn't earned a premium locker spot.

By Saturday, Beckett had moved out, clearing the space for Lo Duca.

I thought this was pretty cool on Mikey and Carl's part. Brad had earned a lot on that team... while Josh has had a good october and injuries :whistle ;) (Don't get me wrong, I love Josh) Good on you Mikey and Carl :thumbup I agree with that move.

I expressed my annoyance (herein) the night Josh grabbed the just-vacated Penny locker. I was told (herein) that was a customary way to honor someone who left. And no one challenged that crap.

Mike and Carl did.

489863[/snapback]

It's amazing how either delusional you are or moronic, I haven't figured out which yet.

I expressed my annoyance (herein) the night Josh grabbed the just-vacated? Penny locker.? I was told (herein) that was a customary way to honor someone who left. And no one challenged that crap.

Mike and Carl did.

489863[/snapback]

It's amazing how either delusional you are or moronic, I haven't figured out which yet.

489865[/snapback]

Marlins2003 GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

On July 31 (Posted "Dug-Out Depression, What Nonsense..."

I wrote

"And Becket quickly grabbed Penny's locker."

To which YOU REPLIED:

"Mr. Know-it-all... What Beckett did was predictable and the right thing to do... because monuments in the lockeroom (sic) to dead soldiers are the worst thing you can have... Anyone who's spent any time in a lockeroom (sic) environment knows how important... it was."

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT? And Mike and Carl are wrong?

And don't challenge me on locker-room time. I won't credit your jock-sniffing time.

I expressed my annoyance (herein) the night Josh grabbed the just-vacated? Penny locker.? I was told (herein) that was a customary way to honor someone who left. And no one challenged that crap.

Mike and Carl did.

489863[/snapback]

489865[/snapback]

Marlins2003 GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

On July 31 (Posted "Dug-Out Depression, What Nonsense..."

I wrote

"And Becket quickly grabbed Penny's locker."

To which YOU REPLIED:

"Mr. Know-it-all... What Beckett did was predictable and the right thing to do... because monuments in the lockeroom (sic) to dead soldiers are the worst thing you can have... Anyone who's spent any time in a lockeroom (sic) environment knows how important... it was."

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT? And Mike and Carl are wrong?

And don't challenge me on locker-room time. I won't credit your jock-sniffing time.

489874[/snapback]

The problem with you is you have little or no comprehension skills, or you are just an argumentative immature little boy.

I never said it was a way to "honor" Penny, you are just making stuff up or you're so delusional that see words that aren't there. In fact, the thrust of my point was that you don't "honor", you don't mourn, you move on.

And btw, what Lowell and Pavano did later has equally appropriate considering LoDuca's service time. That's life in the locker room.

lolol

even in the lockeroom there's a pecking order. good move.

489855[/snapback]

After posting just above, I realized how totally absurd your statement was today compared to your statement of July 31 which I accurately quoted above.

Where the hell do you get off calling me "Moronic?"

You can't even keep your opinions straight for a week.

lolol

even in the lockeroom there's a pecking order. good move.

489855[/snapback]

After posting just above, I realized how totally absurd your statement was today compared to your statement of July 31 which I accurately quoted above.

Where the hell do you get off calling me "Moronic?"

489885[/snapback]

You see, you do have a comprehension problem. :D

Guest Juanky

The Yankees locker room has one "reserved" honoring a dead soldier - Thurman Munson

490071[/snapback]

That, however, is much different than reserving a locker for a member departed in a trade.

Guest Juanky

He doesn't have enough MLB service time

He's still a punk with blisters and a huge ego, World Series or not. Good call Mikey and Carl.

I think it was mean to do that to Josh. I think he wanted to grab it before anybody else did, which is logical. I think it's petty of Mikey and Carl to make such an issue of it. They are multi-millionaires and a silly locker shouldn't even register on their radars. :(

its more than just a locker

490273[/snapback]

And the very talented, but very young, Josh learned a lesson from Baseball Players. In his case, maybe a lesson overdue.

But, in any case, it's great to be reassured we have take-charge Veterans in the ClubHouse, as well as on the field.

Lo Duca fits there, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.