My question to everyone here

Accord

Why do you even bother coming into the political forum? I've been lurking in here but haven't really chimed in because I have quickly realized that arguing with the likes of LCyberlina and the other internet know-it-all's is futile and absolutely nothing can be accomplished from it.

This will be the first election that i'll be old enough to vote in and I plan on voting for the candidate who will allow me to bring home the most amount of money at the end of the day, and that candidate is Bush. I don't care about gay rights, stem cell research, abortion, blah blah blah. None of that has any effect on my life or the lives of people I know. When the s*** hits the fan on super Tuesday, this election will come down to two things: The economy and national security and in both of those categories Bush reigns supreme.

Frankly, I think this whole political forum should be removed from MarlinsBaseball.com. If you want to talk about politics, go somewhere else. All this forum does it cause tension amongst members, not only in the politics forum but in the Marlins related forums as well. It's impossible to read a thread in this forum without senseless bashing on someones character or intelligence on the part of one of the hardcore internet liberals.

I'm a PoliSci major and the debates we have in classes are real debates, none of this senseless bashing and people quoting BS facts they found on Google like on here. This isn't a political forum, it's a republican/conservative bash fest. Why I continue to come back and read the threads here is beyond me, it's like a horrific car accident, you know it's bad but you just have to look.

In everyones profile there is a little feature which shows the percentage of how many of your posts are in certain forums. I think if less than 60% of someones posts are not baseball related and in one of the baseball related forums, they should just leave. 65% of my posts are in the Marlins forum and the other 35% are in the MLB and Other Sports forums. Coming onto a MARLINS BASEBALL forum to sit and argue POLITICS all day is just ridiculous.

Uhh Accord, sorry to burst your bubble but if you don't want to post in here than don't criticize others.

512360[/snapback]

Like I said, I rarely ever post in this forum. I'm just curious why people come to a MARLINS BASEBALL forum and spend all day arguing about POLITICS, there are thousands of political-specific forums on the internet, why not go to one of them? I'm mainly just a lurker in here and am stating my observations

Also, I think it's ridiculous how if someone is a supporter of a certain candidate they receive backlash for it in other parts of this website. I had a Bush/Cheney banner in my signature a while ago and in many of the threads I posted in, people would attack me over it, even though my posts were baseball related in the Marlins or MLB forums.

we all just happen to like baseball, even though we're on different sides of lots of issues.

i think it's kind of cool actually.

I don't see it as a republican bash fest. you must only read half the posts.

but if you're receiving personal attacks & you think they're over the line, let me or another mod know about it.

Gotta love a whine thread.

Look at all the polls in here buddy, Bush wins. You can whine all you wany about how it's unfair to you but it's nothing and that's all it ever will be is nothing.

Look at some of these threads their's Kerry bash threads and Bush bash threads but yet you have the gall to say somehow it's slanted.

I also love the fact that you claim that you don't like to come in here because it's bad because their can't be fair debates and reasonable discussions without it turning into a party fight. YET, you post crap saying it's a sure thing Bush will win with the intent on starting a flame war.

Whine all you want but just like in every forum I've ever been on, their will always be a person who can't stand opinion and have a problem with understanding that the world is not built for them and will make a post like this looking for pity and in the hope of dividing people. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Either way, I request you ask Admin to ban yourself from this forum then because I know you will lurk in this thread in the hopes of seeing someone agree with you and start your crusade so if you really want this forum gone, Admin can make it happen for you. If you truly believe what you are saying then I'm sure their's no reason for you lurking here.

Look at all the polls in here buddy, Bush wins. You can whine all you wany about how it's unfair to you but it's nothing and that's all it ever will be is nothing.

Look at some of these threads their's Kerry bash threads and Bush bash threads but yet you have the gall to say somehow it's slanted.

I also love the fact that you claim that you don't like to come in here because it's bad because their can't be fair debates and reasonable discussions without it turning into a party fight. YET, you post crap saying it's a sure thing Bush will win with the intent on starting a flame war.

Whine all you want but just like in every forum I've ever been on, their will always be a person who can't stand opinion and have a problem with understanding that the world is not built for them and will make a post like this looking for pity and in the hope of dividing people. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Either way, I request you ask Admin to ban yourself from this forum then because I know you will lurk in this thread in the hopes of seeing someone agree with you and start your crusade so if you really want this forum gone, Admin can make it happen for you. If you truly believe what you are saying then I'm sure their's no reason for you lurking here.

512390[/snapback]

Way to completely miss the entire point of what I said while making numerous false assumptions in the process :rolleyes: .

512390[/snapback]

Way to completely miss the entire point of what I said while making numerous false assumptions in the process :rolleyes: .

512398[/snapback]

LIke I said Whine, I stand by my comment that you want this to revolve around you and to refuse to work with people. You said it all in that post there with a simple cop out comment that you made.

Your ignorant comment proved it all "don't give a damn about gay rights, stem cell research, abortion,". Guess what buddy to some people those issues do mean something. To someone who wants stem cell for a cure for them, it does mean something. To you however what only works for you means something and that's why your leaving. Maybe you'd like it here if everyone agreed with you and refused to debate but I apologize it's a damn shame when people are allowed to express themselves without someone saying it's all Republican Bashfest and then putting their hands on their ass and running out. Oh wait that's exactly what you're doing.

As I said before, if your gone then I don't see why you're still lurking.

IMO, the stem cell work is going to be done no matter what the US govt does or says. This is an idea who's time has come...kinda like the steam engine or automobile. You can't stop it.

The only real question is will the US jump to a quick lead or just buy the end results products from some foreign country (further worstening out trade deficit)

512408[/snapback]

well put.

512390[/snapback]

512398[/snapback]

LIke I said Whine, I stand by my comment that you want this to revolve around you and to refuse to work with people. You said it all in that post there with a simple cop out comment that you made.

Your ignorant comment proved it all "don't give a damn about gay rights, stem cell research, abortion,". Guess what buddy to some people those issues do mean something. To someone who wants stem cell for a cure for them, it does mean something. To you however what only works for you means something and that's why your leaving. Maybe you'd like it here if everyone agreed with you and refused to debate but I apologize it's a damn shame when people are allowed to express themselves without someone saying it's all Republican Bashfest and then putting their hands on their ass and running out. Oh wait that's exactly what you're doing.

As I said before, if your gone then I don't see why you're still lurking.

512403[/snapback]

I am not whining, you just don't like what I said so you try and belittle me... ON THE INTERNET. All i'm doing is stating observations i've made during my tenure as a member here, I have no problem if you disagree with what I said, but if you're going to reply then do so in a mature manner rather than trying to insult me and making false accusations regarding my intentions. You're a hypocrite for saying that I can't stand the opinions of others when you reply to MY opinions in a negative and hateful manner. Bottom line is you can't handle what i've said in this thread, so rather than replying to me in a reasonable attempt to refute what i've said, you make childish attempts of attacking my character and accusing me of whining.

I never made a post saying it's a sure thing Bush will win, all I did was state which candidate I was voting for and the reasons for which I am voting for that particular candidate. I have no intentions on starting a flame war and i'm sorry you interpreted what I said as such. I can't believe you accused me of coming in here looking for pity, that is just ridiculous, I don't know about you but I don't come onto a Marlins Baseball internet forum looking for pity and to suggest otherwise is nothing short of absurd.

Your posts in this thread are a perfect example of what I said in my original post, arguing with internet know-it-all's is futile. Can actual debates take place in the political forum here? Yes. However, it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens and the flames and personal attacks begin because some people (like you) cannot handle it when people disagree.

I do not want this thread to turn into a flame war and i'd think you, being a moderator and representative of MarlinsBaseball.com wouldn't want it to become one either and would make every attempt possible at avoiding the insults and childish comments to ensure it does not inevitable turn into a flame war.

I never said I was gone, i'm just a lurker in this particular forum on MB.com and will continue to lurk. It's interesting to see what people think about certain issues, especially those related to issues which concern me and I try and remain objective at all times, but sometimes it's just impossible when one second you're reading a mature debate and then scroll down and it's just turned into a flame war. There are always articles posted in here which you'll never find on the news and I enjoy reading them and peoples opinions about said articles, what I do not enjoy is sifting through flame wars.

Like I said, I have no problem if you disagree with me, but do so in a mature manner and leave your BS at the door.

You singled out cyberlina and the liberals on this board without any foundation. Yes things do get out of hand here but dont proclaim objectivity when you are calling out only one side. You might have had more credibility if you kept it to both sides but you didnt. That was your biggest problem. You, by your own words, made this political.

I hate hate hate when people make the "its a sports board, dont talk politics argument." The value of this board is that you get a cross section of political opinions with the central theme being all are baseball fans. Its simple. If you dont like what you read, then use that thing called will power and do not click on the threads. Dont get mad at others because of a self control problem.

The debates here are real and well done. Yes things often get out of hand but guess what, thats politics. I like having the time to formulate my opinion, edit it, and get backup info. If you wanna debate in class, then go ahead. Thats your choice.

Guest Juanky

I plan on voting for the candidate who will allow me to bring home the most amount of money at the end of the day, and that candidate is Bush.? I don't give a damn about gay rights, stem cell research, abortion, blah blah blah.

512357[/snapback]

wow :blink:

512401[/snapback]

How is it wow to realize that not everyone cares about every issue, and a big percentage of the voters of America throw all other issues aside and vote based on just one issue?

I plan on voting for the candidate who will allow me to bring home the most amount of money at the end of the day, and that candidate is Bush. I don't give a damn about gay rights, stem cell research, abortion, blah blah blah.

512357[/snapback]

512401[/snapback]

How is it wow to realize that not everyone cares about every issue, and a big percentage of the voters of America throw all other issues aside and vote based on just one issue?

512712[/snapback]

The selfishness is what I find "wow"

Guest Juanky

I know it's a completely hypothetical situation, but if you in actuality were presented with 100 billion dollars I find it hard to believe you or anyone would turn it down.

Guest Juanky

I plan on voting for the candidate who will allow me to bring home the most amount of money at the end of the day, and that candidate is Bush.? I don't give a damn about gay rights, stem cell research, abortion, blah blah blah.

512357[/snapback]

512401[/snapback]

512712[/snapback]

512717[/snapback]

Maybe his choice of the issue to vote on (or rather, his wording, because many see the economy as issue #1), was faulty, but I don't think your response is warranted to that being his issue of choice. If that is what he deems most important, that's good for him. He's looking out for #1, big deal. Do I care? No. Would I care if the election was being voted on by a friend of mine based on who had the most royal blood? No. Their choice, not mine.

And I fail to see how "I plan on voting for the candidate who will allow me to bring home the most amount of money at the end of the day" is selfish, at all.

I dont see how things can work in reverse like that....

not wanting to be FORCED into paying for other people's welfare (welfare being used as "well being" not necessarily just Welfare) is not the same as wanting to take money that's ALREADY there.

Charities, churches, individuals should give money and time.

I would do that. I don't want to give my money to the government and have them distribute it around the nation for people who "need" it.

I do agree that a lot of arguments go nowhere, mostly because of fuzzy logic and incorrect facts. I'm lazy and don't feel like putting in enough time for intelligent arguments, therefore I don't post in this forum that much.

Plus, threads get started for certain reasons, say on the fact that Bush didn't sign a truce during the olympics, then someone says, like they should be there in the first place, and everything starts heading another way. Just childish and pointless altogether.

And people should look out for number one. I'm only going to live 70 or so years, no use in trying to be Ghandi.

I plan on voting for the candidate who will allow me to bring home the most amount of money at the end of the day, and that candidate is Bush. I don't give a damn about gay rights, stem cell research, abortion, blah blah blah.

512357[/snapback]

512401[/snapback]

512712[/snapback]

512717[/snapback]

Maybe his choice of the issue to vote on (or rather, his wording, because many see the economy as issue #1), was faulty, but I don't think your response is warranted to that being his issue of choice. If that is what he deems most important, that's good for him. He's looking out for #1, big deal. Do I care? No. Would I care if the election was being voted on by a friend of mine based on who had the most royal blood? No. Their choice, not mine.

And I fail to see how "I plan on voting for the candidate who will allow me to bring home the most amount of money at the end of the day" is selfish, at all.

512726[/snapback]

It's just sad to see someone who has a values-system like that. To not care about anyone else but themselves. I find that selfish. To overlook how Bush is making it nearly impossible for millions of Americans to survive in order to make sure that they can bring him a little more money each week.

512357[/snapback]

512401[/snapback]

512712[/snapback]

512717[/snapback]

Maybe his choice of the issue to vote on (or rather, his wording, because many see the economy as issue #1), was faulty, but I don't think your response is warranted to that being his issue of choice. If that is what he deems most important, that's good for him. He's looking out for #1, big deal. Do I care? No. Would I care if the election was being voted on by a friend of mine based on who had the most royal ? No. Their choice, not mine.

512726[/snapback]

It's just sad to see someone who has a values-system like that. To not care about anyone else but themselves. I find that selfish. To overlook how Bush is making it nearly impossible for millions of Americans to survive in order to make sure that they can bring him a little more money each week.

512755[/snapback]

Who's to say he isn't going to give some of that extra money to charity?

Sometimes you have to be selfish in life or you'll go nowhere.

Guest Juanky

It's just sad to see someone who has a values-system like that. To not care about anyone else but themselves. I find that selfish.? To overlook how Bush is making it nearly impossible for millions of Americans to survive in order to make sure that they can bring him a little more money each week.

512755[/snapback]

I thank you for your needless Bush bash add there, very much appreciated. How that has anything to do with what I was talking about baffles me, but so be it.

Who said he didn't care about anyone but himself? Where does he say that? He doesn't care about stem cell research, I'm not particularly fond of plants. What's the difference? He's not saying he's against everyone, he's basically saying they can do as they please, he won't stand in their way.

At the end of the day you have to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you are leading the life you want to lead, not if someone else is leading the leading the life they want to or if you are leading the life someone else wants you to. It might seem mighty selfish, but you were put on this Earth with your body and your soul by whichever higher power you believe in to bring the greater good of yourself, and others. But you aren't supposed to put people you don't know ahead of yourself just because someone else tells you that you are selfish. No, that is secondary to survival and the fulfillment of oneself. Helping others, yes, is a noble deed and should be done by all. But never forget who is most important in your life at the end of the day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.