Do you think koch should have more playing time?

TealMonster

i aint trying to make a big thing of this but damn. it doesnt matter what the situation is, jack wont use koch. but is obsessed with bump.....

i dont care if we're up by 10 or down by 10, give the man SOMETHING!

if seanez, mota, or mando gets injured whos gonna replace em? bump? NO.

koch is the next guy in line there.

i know alot of you are bump fans, but i'll take koch over bump anyday.....

Guest FishFanInPA

Bump = Garbage......Koch doesnt get enough chances and deserves a lot more...I dont care how well Bump's done since being in AAA...He got sent to AAA because he sucks....Koch gives up one run and all of a sudden he's in the doghouse...How bout the three he gave up last time.

Bump has been very good since returning from AAA.

He's only had two bad outings, one starting, and Sunday when he was asked to throw strikes and let an infield defense of Lenny Harris, Damion Easley, Alex Gonzalez and Mike Mordecai convert them into outs.

Koch deserves playing time, but you know Jack. Darren Oliver was probably our second best reliever and didn't play for weeks before the trade after failing to rescue one of our starters' less than stellar 1-inning outings.

Koch is in the doghouse. Bad for him, his value on the free agency market is dropping. Bad for us, he's a solid pitcher and won't want to play for Jack again.

Do I believe he belongs in the dog-house? No, but honestly, I don't know when he's going to play. He isn't better than Mota or Benitez, and IMO he's about equal to Seanez (perhaps a notch below) he's much better than Bump, Manzy, Perisho, etc, but I don't see when he's going to get playing time.

Just my opinion, but any 9th inning when it's a "blow out" in our favor should unquestionably be his.

And one more thought. Dontrelle always seems to have trouble in the 6th inning...why not make it a Koch/Seanez/Mota/Benitez routine for D-train's shakier starts.

I love Billy! He was so sweet at photo day :)

it just fit with the Billy thread :p

I think that he should recieve more playing time. Whenever I see Bump or Rudy being used 2-3 nights in a row I'm alway saying "Where's Billy??" :mad : One thing though- Use Billy for 1 inning. More than 1 and he starts to lose it a little. Billy is perfect for 1 inning like in the 7th possibly. (Before the 8th because the Kiss-Cam in on and they don't play Enter Sandman!)

Guest Juanky

Koch should get some chances when an inning needs to be started. However, the best pitcher not named Armando or Guillermo to handle a runners on less than two outs situation from the bullpen is Nate Bump. He induces ground balls and lets the defense do the work, he also seems to thrive in situations when he needs to get out of a jam. Not so hot to start innings, very good to finish them.

Side Bar: It amuses me how all girls insist on covering their faces in pictures. That afraid of Laz?

It would be nice to able to rely on Koch but right now it is not the time. Koch will be around. They will keep him and allow him this winter to build back his confidence.

If you go back in time, McKeon did the same for Mark Wohlers and he turned it around in Cincy but using him in a similar manner. It comes down to Koch's self-confidence and ability to work through the mental part of the game.

MANZANILLO>KOCK? ANYONE AGREE? But not as much heat on the ball though.

534804[/snapback]

I don't agree at all. Manzy was doing o.k, but as many people said here : theres a reason he wasn't with another team. He had a good stretch with us, but that was it. But personally, i don't like either. So back to the topic: I voted no. Unless its a blow out game......not a game on the line.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.