Well...

fishfan25

This season is over...where not going to the playoffs but c'mon we had a hard schedule thanks to freakin frances (i hate you you dumb hurricane) these guys are probably really tired and just wanna relax but can't because there are no day offs.

we got freakin sorry-ass Logan Kensing pitching which goes into an automatic loss.

our offense is not living up to the potential and where just not gonna make it.

But look at the bright side....stadium is lookin good, team is most likely not gonna fall apart ( i hate u wayne )

we most likely will lose armando but we'll probably keep la duca and gonzo and pavano.

team is gonna have a winning record which is gonna be their third in 12 seasons.

gotta tip your hat though because these guys just keep on fighting.

that's the florida marlins for you...it has been a great year though.

Also think Jack Mckeon is gonna be back for another year.

So there my opinion....post your thoughts.

Amen, Marlins. :)

You other folk need to learn the power of positive thinking. Take a deep breath and let it out. Tomorrow is a new day and the Marlins are going to see this thing through. Believe me.

568246[/snapback]

I know...we just have to take it one game at a time...

Thats what we NEED to do...but thats not what I think their GOING to do...

Sadly...but I hope I'm wrong...and I am wrong a lot of times... :plain

struggling vs last place teams killed us

win half the games and we are leading the WC

568247[/snapback]

Definetly

568260[/snapback]

Well atleast we do pretty good against the teams that we need to get by...thats more important. But its very fustrating when you beat an awesome team than you lose to a horrible team...just dosen't make much sense.

Thank God for mathematics, right now its the only hope. I feel this year was a success overall, especially in light of the 250+ RBI the Marlins traded away in the off-season. To be fair this team struggled to score runs and was inconsistent at best. I really don't blame anyone or anything for the way this year turned out. The FO put the best team it could afford on the field. Along the way we were treated to AJ's return, Cabs emergergence as an offensive force for the future, the long awaited MLB debut of Matt Treanor, the mind blowing return of Armando as a dominant closer, and the Cy Young finalist pitching of both Mando and Pavs. This team will be only the third one ever to post a winning record, of course the other two resulted in WS championships. I honestly can't wait until next year to see whats going to happen next.

Stop with the excuses. The Hurricane did nt cost us a title. The team played poorly for 3/4 of the season and put themselves in a hole. Also, anyone really wanna say this team is clicking on all cylanders and DESERVES to be in the playoffs?

Next Year!

568225[/snapback]

The way Hurricane Frances affected the Marlins is the exact same way the 1994 lockout affected the Expos.

The Hurricane probably hurt us, but you can't say it cost us anything because you simply don't know what was going to happen anyway, there's no way to. It's a nice little "what if" that will hang out there, but you can't say it costs us anything other than an off-day or 2.

As for the season, as a whole, it's a little disappointing, on the entire level. We all had pretty high expectations and they weren't really met on the surface.

When you actually look at it though, I think it was a success. It became pretty clear the team was flawed, we struggled for half the year, but the right moves were made and they played themselves back into contention. We contended into September which is all I ask for, a competitive ballclub. In our current financial situation, I don't think you can ask for much more.

Did I want the playoffs? Sure. Does it hurt a bit right now that it's not gonna happen? Absolutely. But this is going to be the 3rd time we've finished over .500 and the first time we've done it twice in a row, so there's a lot to be proud of. We're currently in the best period of this franchise's short history and for those of us who have been fans since day 1, I don't see how you can't enjoy it.

Stop with the excuses. The Hurricane did nt cost us a title. The team played poorly for 3/4 of the season and put themselves in a hole. Also, anyone really wanna say this team is clicking on all cylanders and DESERVES to be in the playoffs?

Next Year!

568225[/snapback]

Thank you! Stop blaming the hurricane! If we played the whole season like we did in April & May, then we'd be where the Braves are now.

i don't think you can really blame the hurricane all that much. the team played so poorly in the middle part of the season that in order to get back into contention we had to not only play virtually perfect ball, but also get every break. you can't make the dewayne brazeltons of the leauge look like cy young for 2+ months and then blame it on the weather. the expos won more games against us then they should have in september, but they also swept us in july. when we dropped 2 of 3 to the giants at home, people (not unreasonably) thought we were finished, and it took the huge winning streak that followed to even get us back in the mix. even so, we were looking up at a few teams, all of which were good squads that it wouldnt have been automatic for us to pass, not by a longshot.

Stop taking the p***y way out and blaming the hurricane. It isn't the same thing as the strike of 94, there was no other chances for the Expos and they flat out deserved it. We flat out didn't. We didn't beat last place teams, we had a teamwide slump for what, 2 months? We couldn't beat the Braves, we didn't win when it mattered, and the team blew huge chances to gain momentum (the Paul Lo Duca homer game comes to mind). It's our loss, it was a good season, we didn't make it. Don't blame the hurricanes, because you know what we still didn't win those games later. The Cubs came down here and took care of business, we went up there and only won two. Pitiful.

I didn't know this thread had taken the course it had and I was writing about attendance in that thread but I have to say anyone who doesn't think the hurricanes didn't have an effect ought to have their heads examined.

No offense, but forcing the Marlins into giving up all the home games they did, compressing their schedule, eliminating days off down the stretch, was certainly A FACTOR in hurting the Marlins chances this season.

Certainly there were other factors and I'd be the first to admit that, but the one thing that was out of their control, as opposed to the other valid reasons (pulling the trigger on trades earlier, the swoon, etc.), was the weather.

I didn't know this thread had taken the course it had and I was writing about attendance in that thread but I have to say anyone who doesn't think the hurricanes didn't have an effect ought to have their heads examined.

No offense, but forcing the Marlins into giving up all the home games they did, compressing their schedule, eliminating days off down the stretch, was certainly A FACTOR in hurting the Marlins chances this season.

Certainly there were other factors and I'd be the first to admit that, but the one thing that was out of their control, as opposed to the other valid reasons (pulling the trigger on trades earlier, the swoon, etc.), was the weather.

568480[/snapback]

100% in agreement

It's really tempting to think "what if" regarding Frances, but remember, even with Frances we were still playing from behind. I'm more tempted to think "what if" we had had a decent June...that month single handedly destroyed us...and that 0-10 stretch against last place teams.

As a fan of the franchise, I'd say I'm disappointed in that we underachieved, but I'm happy that we played meaningful games in September.

Honestly though, if we don't make the playoffs, it's a shame because we wasted Benitez and Pavano pitching like they deserve the Cy Young. Hopefully they'll be back so we can make it up to them.

:notworthy Well I, for one, am proud of our Marlins. They played their hearts out - which is what we've all come to expect from these guys over the years. It was a good title defense stand - and we were in the playoff hunt deep into the season. I will continue to enjoy the games this season and then look forward to next season. I don't think Loria will break up the team, but it's realistic to assume that we won't be able to keep everyone.

Go Fish! From a TRUE fan.

568480[/snapback]

It obviously has an effect, but if we had played solid baseball in the summer, the hurricane affected games would have meant our lead on the rest of the division would have been reduced a little. The hurricane has as much to do with where we are right now as Mike Mordecai does.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.