Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plans for future...

Featured Replies

For those who are about to Graduate High School, or for those that have recently graduated... what are your plans for the future? Career wise. What do you plan to do with your life?

 

I don't have much thought out yet, but I plan to join either The Navy or The Air Force.

I am not sure what career I am going into. I am really clueless :lol

I am probably going to transfer to an University next year or the year after that.. Hopefully by then I will know what career I would like to be in

  • Author

Yea, i was pretty clueless too, until I started reading up on The Navy and AirForce. I don't have that kind of money for college... enlisting could help me out a bunch.

Yea, i was pretty clueless too, until I started reading up on The Navy and AirForce. I don't have that kind of money for college... enlisting could help me out a bunch.

590847[/snapback]

 

 

They keep calling me about joining the Air Force or the Navy... I get a phone call almost every week :confused .... I always tell them I am not interested but they always call me

  • Author

Lol, I used to get annoyed too. I never thought i'd ever be interested in that. But after reading up on it... I am STRONGLY considering it. Plus you get tons of benefits.

Yea, i was pretty clueless too, until I started reading up on The Navy and AirForce. I don't have that kind of money for college... enlisting could help me out a bunch.

590847[/snapback]

 

Try the Army, they said they would give me $300 a month for three years in college, then after college you join the Army. You don't have to go to war or anything like that. Ask an Army recruit to see if they have that program in your state.

  • Author

Really? I never heard of that. I heard of going to college while serving. You get a good amount of money for college that way.

My mom was in the Army. Then she married rich. Maybe this will happen to you.

 

:thumbup

 

Honestly, I want to be a lawyer. I want to make a bunch of money and drive a Porsche 911 Turbo convertible. If that makes me shallow, so be it.

 

:thumbup

  • Author

My mom was in the Army. Then she married rich. Maybe this will happen to you.

 

:thumbup

 

 

590856[/snapback]

Hopefully... lol.

They're some pretty hot guys there too :lol

Really? I never heard of that. I heard of going to college while serving. You get a good amount of money for college that way.

590855[/snapback]

 

It's a new thing. An Army called me to take a test to see if I qualify for it, and I took it and passed it. :) But I didn't accept the offer.

 

If you take that test for Military, and get a score good. Be ready to receive alot of calls from them. I got calls from many recruits from different branches.

Right now I'm not sure but I'm looking at majoring in business and minoring in Spanish. Looks like I might start off at UNC Charlotte and then transfer over to Chapel Hill after a year or two. Still really up in the air though.

Right now I'm not sure but I'm looking at majoring in business and minoring in Spanish. Looks like I might start off at UNC Charlotte and then transfer over to Chapel Hill after a year or two. Still really up in the air though.

590859[/snapback]

You can make real good money and get a really good job, with a business degree and spanish, especially if you are an American white boy, who knows good spanish and knows business, you can make a killing in Latin America

I know I want to double major in Sports Management and something involved with communications, whether it be TV/Radio Broadcasting or Journalism I don't know. But I got my first taste of sports broadcasting the other day as a live sideline reporter for my school's homecoming football game, and I must say I've never had that much fun writing, so it'll be interesting.

three things i'm thinking about sports management, architecture, or meteorology.

three things i'm thinking about sports management, architecture, or meteorology.

590933[/snapback]

 

It doesn't get any more diverse than that.

The marines called me several times after I graduated but there no way I'll join the Marines.A couple friends of mines are in Iraw as a result of it.

 

Only Armed Force that I'll consider is the Air Force.

ppl that join any service like u outta high skool have no career aspirations. u spend 4 years wasting ur life and chances of being sent into war.when ur done ur still on non active duty for 2 more years. why not apply for financial aid and get ur required courses outta the way.by that time im sure u know what u wanna do with ur life. the service is for easy influenced minds.

ppl that join any service like u outta high skool have no career aspirations. u spend 4 years wasting ur life and chances of being sent into war.when ur done ur still on non active duty for 2 more years. why not apply for financial aid and get ur required courses outta the way.by that time im sure u know what u wanna do with ur life. the service is for easy influenced minds.

590944[/snapback]

 

Exactly.

 

I'd rather have student loans, thanks.

i want to work behind the cameras in broadcasting, particularly sports broadcasting.

Well, I still have another year after this before I get my bachelors. I might go to grad school, might wait a while before grad school, or may just try to go out and get a job.

 

I've got some internships lined up that I'm strongly considering. I may go work for the Dodgers in Vero, the Expos in Viera, or the Tigers in Lakeland. I also can try to stay on at the UF Athletic Association. I'm not too sure yet.

 

Either way, I want to work in the sports field.

I'm majoring in Political Science, off to Law School with me after that. I'm going to be a lawyer/politician, basically depending on if I win when I run or not because I will run. I have a bunch of dreams and aspirations and such in these fields, most of them realistic for me though others laugh. We'll see :shifty

 

My view on the army is that it's cool and I appreciate what they do, but it's not for me. I'd rather order them around :) . And if you are thinking about going to the Army just for benefits, you should really think about your take on what's happening in the world. My friend joined the Army reserve and left because he thought he'd never be sent to war but was going to be (but he didn't have a commitment, he just joined because he wanted to).

for now I am majoring in Elementary Education and minoring in Criminal Justice, but plan on changing my major to Criminal Justice. I want to be a Criminalist.

Currently majoring in liberal arts at local community college. Wanting to transfer to College of William and Mary and be a history/government major.

 

Career goal is to teach high school. I'd also like to get into politics as I get around 50.

I hope to be in the field of broadcast journalism. I'm hoping to be on the Northwest Sports Report or ESPN. If that doesn't work out, I'll just be come a novelist...well, eventually I'll be a novelist.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.