Which should we try to get in offseason?

Michael

Beltran :plain

Get rid of Lowell, Niner and find a way to move Encarnacion and you can at least make a run at him.

Lowell to LA for Choi, gives them a replacement for Beltre, who I think is out of there. Maybe try to latch Niner or Enc on, but I doubt that would work.

Just try and get out of the Niner/Encarnacion contracts some how.

I chose quality starting pitcher since Pavy is most likely gone, definitely lefty power is great too.

599980[/snapback]

Maybe trade Lowell and Stokes and maybe try and unload Enc to LA for Choi and Edwin Jackson if the FO thinks once that money is freed up they could land Beltran or something like that?

I chose quality starting pitcher since Pavy is most likely gone, definitely lefty power is great too.

599980[/snapback]

Maybe trade Lowell and Stokes and maybe try and unload Enc to LA for Choi and Edwin Jackson 599982[/snapback]

Do you have Lowell and Stokes mixed up for Juan? :blink: If not you would have to add some very good pieces with the likes of Juan to acquire both Choi and Jackson.

599980[/snapback]

Maybe trade Lowell and Stokes and maybe try and unload Enc to LA for Choi and Edwin Jackson 599982[/snapback]

Do you have Lowell and Stokes mixed up for Juan? :blink: If not you would have to add some very good pieces with the likes of Juan to acquire both Choi and Jackson.

599983[/snapback]

I am saying Lowell and Stokes to LA for Choi and Jackson.

LA didn't use Choi much and when they used him he looked bad. LA is going to want a replacement for Beltre and Lowell would be a nice once, especially is we ate 2 million dollars for them. And if LA was okay with the deal so far I think we should try to add enc and his whole contract in so we unload him. And maybe try to get a high AAA/AA prospect back as well in addition to.

599980[/snapback]

599983[/snapback]

I am saying Lowell and Stokes to LA for Choi and Jackson.

LA didn't use Choi much and when they used him he looked bad. LA is going to want a replacement for Beltre and Lowell would be a nice once, especially is we ate 2 million dollars for them. And if LA was okay with the deal so far I think we should try to add enc and his whole contract in so we unload him. And maybe try to get a high AAA/AA prospect back as well in addition to.

599987[/snapback]

Anyone have an update on Thorton? I rememberh him being a promising young player. Heck since I hear we are dumping salary maybe a guy like Thorton should be considered. However my heart tells me he will turn into a Bobby Hill type of player, All hype and no play.

I don't know why some people want to get rid of Niner. He always comes up big down the stretch. I want to see him retire as a Marlin.

And I also don't think we need to get Choi back. He's not the lefty power that we need. We need a proven left handed power hitter that's gonna drive in runs. Sure, Choi gets on base, but he hasn't proven to be much of a run producer.

LA won't trade Edwin Jackson.

600577[/snapback]

Did he pitch the entire year in Vegas? Was he injured? A combination? I don't recall seeing much of Jackson with the Dodgers this year.

600615[/snapback]

Dodgers deemed they didn't need him in the majors this year as far as I remember. He'll probably be the #2 guy next year.

I don't know why some people want to get rid of Niner. He always comes up big down the stretch. I want to see him retire as a Marlin.

Who wants to get rid of Conine? I'll keeeeel them. I think most recognize Conine is an important contributor to the club, on and off the field. However should he retire, you could get a much better player at the same salary.

As much as it pains me to say, as Jeff's been my favorite player for 12 years and his All-Star Game home run at Camden Yards is one of my fondest baseball memories, he can no longer hit at a high level. For his sake and ours, we need to add another lefthanded bat to spell Conine every now and again.

And I also don't think we need to get Choi back. He's not the lefty power that we need. We need a proven left handed power hitter that's gonna drive in runs. Sure, Choi gets on base, but he hasn't proven to be much of a run producer.

600658[/snapback]

He hasn't been given the chance to prove anything yet. He's young and has a passive approach at the plate, two things major league scouts and coaches love to mock.

Guest FishFanInPA

My perfect offseason:

Deal Josh to Baltimore for Bedard, Ryan and a prospect

Sign Jacque Jones

Deal Encarnacion for another mediocre reliever

Sign a nice #5 starter off the waiver wire.....